Keith Wyness

villan-scott

5 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/02/13/do-stan-collymore-asks-everton-fans-views-on-keith-wyness-brace/

Has this been posted before? Mods sorry if I've broken rules with the way I've posted this. 

The comments from Everton fans will one day be echoed by Villa fans. 

You REALLY want it to happen don't you? 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

26 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You REALLY want it to happen don't you? 

Of course I don't. I wish to be proven wrong about him and will happily eat humble pie if he gets the club where we all wish it to be. 

But end of the day CEO's will always come and go so hopefully either way won't be much of a big deal. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

5 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Doug had stayed in charge another two years we'd have been where we are now a lot earlier and completely bankrupt. The game had moved on from Doug's ability to take part.

Lerner chose O'Neill, Lerner met O"Neill and sold him the project, O'Neill was Lerner's man. Doug was allowed to make the announcement so that he could go out with a bit of a fanfare - typical of Doug, not doing the work and taking the credit.  Lerner spent over $200m of his own money on the club - it cost $200m to get us to here - now he wasted a lot of that money, spent it badly, was ill advised and made bad decisions, but it's still a lot of money - Doug never put a penny of his own money in - imagine how much more quickly we'd have fallen without $200m. In fact, while we're at it imagine how much better we'd have been if we'd spent that money more wisely.

For what it's worth, I agree, I think Wyness is doing a good solid job.

Thought this conversation was more apt for this thread.

Whilst we all know Doug had many many faults. One of his strengths was the people he had around him. Steve Stride was a very good director and knew the Football world.Now I know this is easily dismissed, but the business is so different than others in the world, that knowledge of the industry is vitally important to succeed. Once Stride left, Lerner’s footballing knowledge got depleted and we started to fall.

I think Xia has recognised this and that’s why Wyness is with us. Now I’m not going to profess to know what Wyness does or what his motives are, but I think we need someone like him here to guide us back to up. 

19 hours ago, sne said:

Don't we have scouts anymore?

Black books with people they know is a fine thing no doubt, but we do still have people employed as scouts, right?

Exactly what I was about to say too. It's almost like he is admitting that rather than identifying targets, they are just going to call around the people they know asking who's available, and then decide if they would improve the team or not.

Maybe that's how it works when you're after a loan rather than a permanent signing. If its a young player, then you have to take the word of your black book contact on how good the player they are offering is rather than scout him.

1 minute ago, AntrimBlack said:

Steve Round and I are on the phone 7 or 8 times a day???

I would have thought they would have offices in the same corridor at least. Are they not both based at Villa Park?

Anyone know?

Round is based at bodymoor heath .

wyness at villa park 

Edited by Eastie
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I would have thought they would have offices in the same corridor at least. Are they not both based at Villa Park?

Anyone know?

On the phone 7, 8 times a day yet not expecting any more transfer activity. I wonder what they must chat about. 

59 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

On the phone 7, 8 times a day yet not expecting any more transfer activity. I wonder what they must chat about. 

well as you’re mister ITk, you tell us...dick pics maybe?!?!? shiney sweaty heads?!?!? Everton fan feedback from agrs ago!?!?!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It'll just be Wyness calling him and rubbing it in bragging how much he's going to rake it in from when Villa Park gets redeveloped maybe?

MoneyMan_8118.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

It'll just be Wyness calling him and rubbing it in bragging how much he's going to rake it in from when Villa Park gets redeveloped maybe?

MoneyMan_8118.png

He will propose a move to a new ground. Not villa park development

14 minutes ago, MickeyC_UTV said:

well as you’re mister ITk, you tell us...dick pics maybe?!?!? shiney sweaty heads?!?!? Everton fan feedback from agrs ago!?!?!

You sound a little angry. Relax. It's only football and he is only a CEO.

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He will propose a move to a new ground. Not villa park development

No offence but this is sort of creating drama out of nothing. If Wyness promoted this an idea at Everton then I imagine there was a case for it at that club at that time. Its a bit simplistic to say that he will push this at Villa, just because he did at Everton.

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

No offence but this is sort of creating drama out of nothing. If Wyness promoted this an idea at Everton then I imagine there was a case for it at that club at that time. Its a bit simplistic to say that he will push this at Villa, just because he did at Everton.

Fair enough. Only time will tell what he has planned for us.  First things first let's get promoted before even worrying about expansions or new ground. 

21 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

Anyone know?

Presumably they are on the phone to OTHER people if they are trying to get players in on loan... their 'black books' hopefully have more numbers than each other's office extension...

• 4 weeks later...
On 27/01/2018 at 18:46, Vive_La_Villa said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/02/13/do-stan-collymore-asks-everton-fans-views-on-keith-wyness-brace/

Has this been posted before? Mods sorry if I've broken rules with the way I've posted this. 

The comments from Everton fans will one day be echoed by Villa fans. 

Are he  working conditions here the same?

is he tasked with making the same decisions?

does he have the same power?

Has he been given certain instructions to run the club and are they similar to what he had at Everton?

If the role here is exactly the same, then we can be a little concerned. Also worth noting that he left Everton a while ago, maybe he does things differently.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, the CEO reflects the will of the owner. If we eventually turn against Keith as some are suggesting it will be because we are turning against Dr Tony as well. I doubt you will find many clubs where fans are against their CEO, but in support their ownership. 

Was Tom Fox really any worse than any other CEO or was he just the mouthpiece of a criminally disinterested Randy Lerner? Look at Sunderland now, Martin Bain is drawing fire from Sunderland fans but he is given the impossible job of representing a negligent owner in Ellis Short. 

Right now Keith and Tony have the support of most Villa fans and I hope it stays that way.

• Like 2

Â