Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Dick said:

Are he  working conditions here the same?

is he tasked with making the same decisions?

does he have the same power?

Has he been given certain instructions to run the club and are they similar to what he had at Everton?

If the role here is exactly the same, then we can be a little concerned. Also worth noting that he left Everton a while ago, maybe he does things differently.

Man this was so long ago I can't even remember writing it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I have no reason at all to dislike him, or even be suspicious of him. He’s done nothing wrong while here and seems to have been helpful in attracting a few players...

Not sure what else he can do really. Proof is in the pudding and we’ll just have to eat it and find out.

Don’t really care about Everton stuff, past or future.

A person's record is invaluable. That's your CV, really. But I imagine that Xia's team will have considered that and will have been happy with Wyness.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure I see the big deal with him suggesting a new stadium at Everton. Wouldn't that mean he's doing a good job? I thought it was fairly well know the place is held together by masking tape and bordering on a safety hazard. Didn't the new owners want to build one and everyone was happy about it? Or aren't plans already in place? 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

A person's record is invaluable. That's your CV, really. But I imagine that Xia's team will have considered that and will have been happy with Wyness.

Xias team advised at the time by Samuelson should tell you all you need to know . 

Wyness had been out the game for years - however to be fair he seems to be doing an ok job at the moment . 

Edited by Eastie
Link to post
Share on other sites

Wyness has been reposting articles and links about Wolves this morning, it makes me very uncomfortable.

if Wolves have done something wrong, we should let the league handle it, and don’t make noises publically. We are a better club than that. Also pretty much done a team talk for the weekend too. Not impressed

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Wyness has been reposting articles and links about Wolves this morning, it makes me very uncomfortable.

if Wolves have done something wrong, we should let the league handle it, and don’t make noises publically. We are a better club than that. Also pretty much done a team talk for the weekend too. Not impressed

**** em... Just keep winding up the dog heads, They will win the league but it' just so easy to wind them up and they start crying.

WM's football phone in will be comedy gold tonight :crylaugh:

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Kingman said:

**** em... Just keep winding up the dog heads, They will win the league but it' just so easy to wind them up and they start crying.

WM's football phone in will be comedy gold tonight :crylaugh:

I’m 50/50 on this. It probably does wind them up, but also gives them ammo for the weekend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter

The Villa fans have been great on this board, and I have no issue with Villa fans, but I have to say, the way the club, and Leeds as a club have acted this week (Leeds fans have been great to be fair also) doesn't come across well, and I'd be pretty embarrassed about it were I a Villa fan.

They should let the league get on with an investigation if that's happening.  Whatever the result of it there isn't much reason to come out publicly as he has, and also in a cowardly way.  He's only retweeted other people, and posted old news articles, and least the Leeds guy made his thoughts explicit.

As I said elsewhere, if Wolves have done anything wrong then we should be punished.  This comes across as Wyness thinking nothing will happen but he wants a convenient entity to blame should Villa fail to win promotion.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
9 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

The Villa fans have been great on this board, and I have no issue with Villa fans, but I have to say, the way the club, and Leeds as a club have acted this week (Leeds fans have been great to be fair also) doesn't come across well, and I'd be pretty embarrassed about it were I a Villa fan.

They should let the league get on with an investigation if that's happening.  Whatever the result of it there isn't much reason to come out publicly as he has, and also in a cowardly way.  He's only retweeted other people, and posted old news articles, and least the Leeds guy made his thoughts explicit.

As I said elsewhere, if Wolves have done anything wrong then we should be punished.  This comes across as Wyness thinking nothing will happen but he wants a convenient entity to blame should Villa fail to win promotion.

Isn't the investigation happening because a club or clubs unnamed (but assumed to include Leeds and Villa and another club) sort of made a bit of a complaint? - in other words, isn't the theory that some clubs (perhaps wrongly) think "there's something a bit dodgy going on there" and so made an allegation to the league, whioch the league is then looking into.

If that is the case, then if there's nothing wrong, then it will look like sour grapes, but if there is something iffy, then they'll look to have had every right to complain that while they are sticking to the rules, another club gained an unfair advantage by cheating the rules?

I don't think right now that it's a particularly good look for Villa/Leeds/Whoever to be "whining" about "clever Wolves", on twitter, I agree.

I guess the outcome of any investigation/whitewash* will maybe confirm or change that look

*delete as applicable, according to prejudice.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Visiting Supporter
46 minutes ago, blandy said:

Isn't the investigation happening because a club or clubs unnamed (but assumed to include Leeds and Villa and another club) sort of made a bit of a complaint? - in other words, isn't the theory that some clubs (perhaps wrongly) think "there's something a bit dodgy going on there" and so made an allegation to the league, whioch the league is then looking into.

If that is the case, then if there's nothing wrong, then it will look like sour grapes, but if there is something iffy, then they'll look to have had every right to complain that while they are sticking to the rules, another club gained an unfair advantage by cheating the rules?

I don't think right now that it's a particularly good look for Villa/Leeds/Whoever to be "whining" about "clever Wolves", on twitter, I agree.

I guess the outcome of any investigation/whitewash* will maybe confirm or change that look

*delete as applicable, according to prejudice.

 

Agreed.  If there's cause for investigation, let them get on with it and we'll see what comes out.  The bitchiness on Twitter isn't smart though in my opinion.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Andy81 said:

Agreed.  If there's cause for investigation, let them get on with it and we'll see what comes out.  The bitchiness on Twitter isn't smart though in my opinion.

I'd take it as a compliment. What do you think Wyness is getting at? i.e. worst case scenario thinking from your perspective...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Wyness has been reposting articles and links about Wolves this morning, it makes me very uncomfortable.

if Wolves have done something wrong, we should let the league handle it, and don’t make noises publically. We are a better club than that. Also pretty much done a team talk for the weekend too. Not impressed

Not surprised -

An EFL statement read: "At its meeting today the EFL Board considered at length the matter of the relationship between Wolverhampton Wanderers, majority shareholder of the club, Fosun and Jorge Mendes, in light of the recent concerns raised by a number of clubs 
 

"It was agreed that the EFL Executive will meet with the management of the Club to reiterate the requirements of our regulations and those of the FA and will report back to the Board in due course.

"It should be noted that the club was explicitly informed in July 2016 of all the requirements it was expected to meet as part of the change of control, and appropriate arrangements were put in place to ensure compliance.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11699/11281281/efl-to-meet-with-wolves-management-over-regulations-regarding-third-party-ownership

  •  
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dick said:

 but also gives them ammo for the weekend.

 

5 hours ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

Also pretty much done a team talk for the weekend too. 

The wolves players don’t seem the type who would get fired up about this.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
8 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Can somebody sum up this Wyness-Wolves thing, I'm lost.

Wyness tweeted a bbc article about Lambert leaving Wolves because of who has the final say on transfers.

The article, in part, suggests that the Mendes thing is a bigger issue than initially thought. 

I could be wrong but I think it’s Keith’s way of saying these concerns have been there longer than just this season. The Costa deal is referenced for instance.

He’s adding fuel to the fire it seems.

I’m not sure it was a smart move to tweet anything, but it’s done now. I just hope they know something is rotten otherwise it looks a bit petty.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I don't like this.

I don't know the intricacies of anything obviously.

However, it is almost like PL clubs complaining to the FA that Man City are too good and it's unfair because they have more money and the best manager(arguably) in the world. ( I gather some have made snide remarks however left the powers that be to do the job)

Where does it end? Lower PL clubs saying Southampton should be relegated because they set up such a new age system too early?

I really never wanted us involved in anything like this, if we had the same connections would it be the same?

Couldn't we still do it?

Either way I just wish we had stayed out of it, looking like sore losers ffs.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Worst case (for them) they'll get a huge fine. The EFL/FA aren't going to give them a points deduction - it'd cause chaos with lawsuits and whatnot.

Seems a pointless argument to start for me other than to say "We didn't get promoted because Wolves cheated" - which won't be the case

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â