Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

11 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I agree but it would take a lot more than three points today to even begin to change my view.

You will get no argument from me there. As long as he remains manager though then the only way he is going to start to turn those like you and me around is to win games. Obviously one won't be enough but I think we would all accept, if not necessarily agree it should, that will get him another game or two in charge.

As a fan if you think the manager is the wrong choice for as long as he remains in charge you have to want him to prove you wrong and eventually ram your words down your throat. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, KHV said:

I don't think the squad is anywhere near good enough for the top 6. We have a lot of attacking players who have good qualities, sadly everything behind the attack is seriously flawed

Very much this.

A flawed midfield unit results in neither defense nor attack works as good as it should.

Defense is ok(ish) imo, although for the money we spent on it we should have gotten more value for money

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think RDM did a very bad job with recruitment over the summer, this will be the reason he will be unemployed before November

Its hard to disagree though I think Chester is a dud and Jedinak isnt looking great. Gollini and Tshibola have potential but one has cost us games and the other is made of glass. Elphick is OK even if he has a mistake in him, Adomah and McCormack are good at this level. Kodjia im not sure about for money we paid though ill give him a pass on De Laet for moment

an experienced goalkeeper(not Bunn) and an engine in midfield was crucial

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Even if that is true, which I don't think it is, he is must take a lot of responsibility for that.

I blame him entirely, he was given a lot of money and sadly wasted a large chunk of it on players he is desperatly trying to fit into a system that he hasn't really figured out either. It probably didn't help that he has a load of players all for the same positions and no quality in the middle, at the back or between the sticks. I really have no idea what he was trying to build in the summer. As it turns out it appears he has built nothing more than a mess

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KHV said:

I don't think the squad is anywhere near good enough for the top 6. We have a lot of attacking players who have good qualities, sadly everything behind the attack is seriously flawed

Top 6 is a possibility for this squad.  I agree we are strongest in attack - easily good enough for the top 6 - and that we have some weakness behind them, but we have enough imo.  The stats say, for example, that our defence is currently 7th in the Championship - that's above Newcastle and not far away from top 6.  Now stats don't tell the whole story - late goals etc - but IF we can get our attack firing and putting away chances we will win plenty; even with our flawed midfield and defence.  What surprises me is when you look at our attacking stats that is where we are clearly underperforming.  We are sitting 18th behind Burton Albion and Rotherham - a team with McCormack, Kodjia and Ayew in it! Get more out of  our attacking talent and we will climb the table.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

I blame him entirely, he was given a lot of money and sadly wasted a large chunk of it on players he is desperatly trying to fit into a system that he hasn't really figured out either. It probably didn't help that he has a load of players all for the same positions and no quality in the middle, at the back or between the sticks. I really have no idea what he was trying to build in the summer. As it turns out it appears he has built nothing more than a mess

said it before as much as I like McCormack and he probably our best player I dont think any logic went into signing him e.g. a system to play him in or how to get best out of him especially when have Ayew and Jack who keep moving into the position McCormack likes to operate

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its hard to disagree though I think Chester is a dud and Jedinak isnt looking great. Gollini and Tshibola have potential but one has cost us games and the other is made of glass. Elphick is OK even if he has a mistake in him, Adomah and McCormack are good at this level. Kodjia im not sure about for money we paid though ill give him a pass on De Laet for moment

an experienced goalkeeper(not Bunn) and an engine in midfield was crucial

And you expected all of this in one window? 

Sometimes the players needed are just not available. 

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

he looks crap especially for money we spent. much prefer Baker than him

I am not trying to be funny, but do you go to many games?  I find it hard to understand that view.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Gary Thomas said:

I am not trying to be funny, but do you go to many games?  I find it hard to understand that view.

nope but I have seen him play 4 times so far and he hasnt looked that great. Forest game he was dreadful for the goals

The annoying thing about RDM is his stubbornness to shoe in all the forwards

This league is Sat - Tue/Wed nearly every week.

He could afford to rest forwards - not play players less than 100% fit - Bring back in players returning from injury from the bench 10 15 20 30 mins avoiding recurring injuries.

He could also change systems to "go for goals" or "see the game out" (which he seems incapable of doing)

4-3-3

4-4-2

4-3-2-1

4-3-1-2

(Midfield ->)

4-4-2

Adomah or Bacuna (RW)Jed/Tish Amavi or Grealish or Ayew (LW)

2 from Kodjia/Gestede Mc/Ayew/Grealish

4-3-3

1 from Lyden, Bacuna or Westwood

& Jed/Tish

3 from Mc Kodjia Gestede Ayew Adoma

4-3-2-1 / 4-3-1-2 (midfield plus)

2 from Adoma Mc Ayew Grealish

1 from Kodjia Gestede

/

1 from Ayew Mc Grealish

2 from Kodjia Mc Gestede Ayew

Spoilt for choice really. Would need some work @ BMH and the monager (& coaches) would need to know what they're doing.

Obviously not

RDM out!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Grasshopper

Our problem imo is forwards not doing their job. We aren't conceding loads at all but it's exacerbated because we score so little few. Sort this out and it relieves the immense pressure on the midfield/defence not to concede that solitary goal that ruins our match every damn time and should build the confidence at the back and in the middle a bit. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ingram85 said:

Our problem imo is forwards not doing their job. We aren't conceding loads at all but it's exacerbated because we score so little few. Sort this out and it relieves the immense pressure on the midfield/defence not to concede that solitary goal that ruins our match every damn time and should build the confidence at the back and in the middle a bit.

I agree.  I posted above our defense is currently 7th in the Championship, but our attacking stats are woeful (we are 18th!). Get more out of our attacking talent and we win far more than we lose.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Agree Rich, but at the moment all he seems to think is if he has four forwards on the pitch at the same time then surely one or two are going to score goals and it's been painfully obvious the last few weeks that it doesn't work like that.

Reminds me of myself playing Champ Manager as a kid, it didn't work then either. The team is too top heavy and all the opposition know it and will bar the way if need be until we do score. That's when they know we'll sit back and they can hammer us safe in the knowledge that all our players are thinking 'Shit, we're going to concede another one here at the death.' And when that bit of doubt and mental weakness creeps in, the chances appear and someone on their side sees their opportunity to be a hero.

Balance the damn team, Roberto. You have the players to do so, trust them. Then buy Will Hughes in January and we'll be sorted.

54 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

The annoying thing about RDM is his stubbornness to shoe in all the forwards

This league is Sat - Tue/Wed nearly every week.

He could afford to rest forwards - not play players less than 100% fit - Bring back in players returning from injury from the bench 10 15 20 30 mins avoiding recurring injuries.

He could also change systems to "go for goals" or "see the game out" (which he seems incapable of doing)

4-3-3

4-4-2

4-3-2-1

4-3-1-2

(Midfield ->)

4-4-2

Adomah or Bacuna (RW)Jed/Tish Amavi or Grealish or Ayew (LW)

2 from Kodjia/Gestede Mc/Ayew/Grealish

4-3-3

1 from Lyden, Bacuna or Westwood

& Jed/Tish

3 from Mc Kodjia Gestede Ayew Adoma

4-3-2-1 / 4-3-1-2 (midfield plus)

2 from Adoma Mc Ayew Grealish

1 from Kodjia Gestede

/

1 from Ayew Mc Grealish

2 from Kodjia Mc Gestede Ayew

Spoilt for choice really. Would need some work @ BMH and the monager (& coaches) would need to know what they're doing.

Obviously not

RDM out!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, this felt like one of those equations at the maths lessons at school! :)

Â