Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

4 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I was lukewarm about his appointment, but think he is doing a very good job.  The Team do not look like strangers to each other (although they virtually are) and we are playing good football.

Any calls for him to go are IMO, simply mad.

Normally I don't criticise Managers for their selections or subs, as I think they have an awful lot more information at their disposal than we do, but.......

I think he was at fault for not bringing Jedi (and maybe also Baker or Bacuna) once we got in front..I said so at the time, so its not hindsight.

Having said that, had he done that, and we had sat back, AND then conceded, he would've got flack for that too, so its really just one of them things.

I accept we cant go the whole season saying "it will click" and I think he MAY need to consider extra protection for the back 4, but on the other hand I would hate to see us go timid - we still have a fair bit of quality to come in in MF which will help.

I think it is a great shame, although not altogether suprising, that the very good work he has done, and is doing, is overshadowed by some unhappy at the short term results.

No, just no. He is not doing a 'very good job' at all whatsoever. I can understand people wanting to give him time and being less critical than others, but to say he is doing a 'very good job' is utterly ridiculous. It's a results business and the results have not been good enough, we are in a poor position after 6 games. 

The midfield is a huge problem and one RDM needs to sort out quickly. Gardener and Westwood simply aren't good enough, even at this level. Now i think Tshibola is a good player, but his injury record is a concern. I also think Jedinak is a good player, but some posters (I've not seen enough of him recently myself) seem to think his best days are behind him. 

I'm so concerned about the midfield that I've come to the conclusion that a change of formation may be in order. Maybe a 4-3-3? I don't know. But something needs to change in the middle of the park. 

Went today and RDM was really poor IMO. Grealish was crying out for an attacking overlapper who can actually cross, although Cissokho was very solid, I think bringing Amavi on would have been the crucial move.

We take the lead and just invite pressure, and had one (unbelievably weak and toothless) CM on. Jedinak should have come on for probably McCormack.

Gardner and Westwood is a very weak midfield pairing, and that's our weakest position IMO. Would rather have Bacuna in there though than one of those two.

Jordan Ayew was outstanding btw, he's our best player tbf.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Today we had 26 shots and 10 corners. I can't see the manager being worthy of criticism for today. 

For years I've longed for an attacking manager and we currently have one. Let's keep the faith with him. 

I think people forget the sort of stuff we played under Lambert, sherwood and Garde. 

I've just said in the match thread now, I've like what I've seen so far. I think we will absolutely spank a team sooner rather than later. And I think we are very capable of the playoffs. But I think he cost us 2 points today by not shoring up the midfield. We would still have had plenty of attacking threat. That's worthy of criticism. I'm not saying sack him or anything ridiculous like that, just saying he can have criticism because he got something badly wrong after getting it so right before that with the earlier change I must add! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

I've just said in the match thread now, I've like what I've seen so far. I think we will absolutely spank a team sooner rather than later. And I think we are very capable of the playoffs. But I think he cost us 2 points today by not shoring up the midfield. We would still have had plenty of attacking threat. That's worthy of criticism. I'm not saying sack him or anything ridiculous like that, just saying he can have criticism because he got something badly wrong after getting it so right before that with the earlier change I must add! 

That's fair IMO. He could and probably should have brought us back to a two-man midfield, but I think he wanted that third goal. Next time he'll probably do things differently.

I also think that someone's in for a tonking soon once we get a bit of luck in front of the goal. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I have never agreed so much with the first half of a Post and so little with the second.

You really think what this Club needs is another change of Manager ?

If RDM does not improve results in next 5-10 games i am afraid so. One win in 6 is poor

Look we can all be experts all say what should of happened with the benefit of hindsight. Small margins between getting praised and criticised. If it stayed at 2-1 then he would of got a lot of plaudits for replacing gardner with gestede. We are playing well. Please remember how shit we were last season. Wasn't your run of the mill relegation. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

At this point, I dont even give a flying ****. We've had like 10 managers in the last 5 years and we've been horeshit under every one of them.

That's the 3/4 poster now saying they want rid of RDM and I've asked who they would rather have... Funnily enough I haven't had a straight answer from any of you!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Mjvilla said:

That's the 3/4 poster now saying they want rid of RDM and I've asked who they would rather have... Funnily enough I haven't had a straight answer from any of you!

David Wagner could be a good choice if RDM ever was sacked/left.

Huddersfield playing good football and he signed a load of german's on bosmans in the summer and they all have made an impact.

Â