Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

And another thing, our discipline is shocking. 7 yellow cards today, and we've been racking them up in previous games. He needs to sort that out sharpish, or we are not going to have a team to put out in a few weeks.

Edited by andym
  • Like 1

I honestly don't think he's the main problem here. The stuff we're seeing we've been seeing for years and I guarantee that if we got rid of him now the same thing would be happening regardless of who came in.

I'm convinced it's something intangible, a sort of mental block that runs through the club and infects any new arrivals. We've spent so long being poor, so long collapsing whenever teams attack that even when we're playing well (which we've actually done for periods of every game this season bar Luton), everything is in danger of nosediving at the slightest push. I think the only way out of it is just to start winning more but that's obviously going to be very hard when we're stuck in this cycle.

• Like 2

Two points behind Burton and Blues crushing Norwich today doesn't make things any easier for RDM.  Good first half team and shocking second half one makes you wonder what is going on with the coaching. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Who is going to take him if he fails here? He won't get another another high profile job

Depends how the media frame it I guess but I think with every manager we go through the damage to their reputation when they fail becomes less and less. It's pretty obvious now that the problems here are deeply rooted which go beyond even the managers and the players.

I'll be honest, I NEVER rated RDM. He's the most vanilla manager ever. I'm not writing him off whatsoever, I want him to do well but it comes as zero surprise that we've started like absolute shit. I cannot believe I was positive a few days ago. What a mug I am.

• Like 1

Yes we're all disappointed with the result (can't say performance as I bet 90% of people, me included, didn't watch). But there is so much hyperbole on here. RdM needs time to shape this squad, the way we play, the mental and physical attributes it all takes time. As for saying we are below Blues who gives a ****, there are 40 games to go this club has been a shambles for such a long time that the repair job is massive.

• Like 1

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

Yes we're all disappointed with the result (can't say performance as I bet 90% of people, me included, didn't watch). But there is so much hyperbole on here. RdM needs time to shape this squad, the way we play, the mental and physical attributes it all takes time. As for saying we are below Blues who gives a ****, there are 40 games to go this club has been a shambles for such a long time that the repair job is massive.

I don't care about being below blose at this stage but what I care about is they have a poorer, squad spent significantly less than us yet after getting thumped last week they batter Norwich and bounce back. Do our players bounce back after a bad defeat? Nope they just continue to be shit 

Â