Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

4 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Dale End is SHA territory, like Digbeth. No thanks. 

their territory ends at the garrison roundabout, small time.

18 hours ago, meregreen said:

We really don’t have loads of land. Outside of the immediate footprint of the stadium, it’s a shit hole.

We own more than you think 

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Fixed (although Garrison Circus is only 200m away to be fair 😂)

Their place smells of failure so I wouldn’t want to be within 200m

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, beasley14 said:

We own more than you think 

We used to, but I think a lot of it was sold - first by Ellis and then by the good Doctor when we were on the verge of going under.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We used to, but I think a lot of it was sold - first by Ellis and then by the good Doctor when we were on the verge of going under.

Ah ok that bit I didn't know 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I would hope that somehow on the quiet they've bought up any houses round Holte Road that have come up for sale over the last few years. 

23 hours ago, meregreen said:

We really don’t have loads of land. Outside of the immediate footprint of the stadium, it’s a shit hole.

Considering the development proposals had a box park style 1,500 capacity building bolted onto the north stand, I think we do.

we have enough room to expand to have a multi-storey car park and even a small hotel if we wanted to. 

the car park, shop and surrounding location is massive. They’d get two skyscrapers out of that footprint in London. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I would hope that somehow on the quiet they've bought up any houses round Holte Road that have come up for sale over the last few years. 

Always thought one of the streets could become gated and then sold as Airbnb style rooms around match days. 

around the time the holte pub was done they could have started that. 

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

This is where we are at 

On 06/01/2024 at 21:32, VillaJ100 said:

They're adding 3000 premium seats, which are currently just normal seats that will be rebadged 😅

The same premium seats Heck has just canceled in the north stand because he feels we can't sell them after the Lower Grounds and Holte Terrace fiasco?

As others have if anything our capacity will be lowered for more padded executive seating and the amount of disabled seating that we should have done about five years ago but have put off.

11 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Dale End is SHA territory, like Digbeth. No thanks. 

The majority of Birminghams areas are Villa. Saw a survey a few years ago where using online registrations of football fans on sites such as Facebook, only Bordesley Green and one other area was majority Small Heathens. It’s why they get such poor crowds. The old North South divide disappeared many years ago. We own this City….all of it.

7 hours ago, meregreen said:

The majority of Birminghams areas are Villa. Saw a survey a few years ago where using online registrations of football fans on sites such as Facebook, only Bordesley Green and one other area was majority Small Heathens. It’s why they get such poor crowds. The old North South divide disappeared many years ago. We own this City….all of it.

Apart from Town of course.

Mate.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We need the redevelopment urgently. We are not capitalising on the Emery era. There are thousands of fans who aren't getting the opportunity to go to games,  get hooked and be our core supporters in the next generation. 

We don't have the facilities as present to keep up with Spurs,  West Ham etc. And soon Everton. Delaying just pushes us further behind for a longer amount of time. And I am fairly confident he has cancelled rather than delayed because his whole approach seems to be 'if my predecessor planned it I am not doing it'. 

We don't.

So what, match day income is a drop in the ocean when it comes to total income.

Also Everton are a shambles, citing them to support any argument completely undermines yourself.

48 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We don't.

So what, match day income is a drop in the ocean when it comes to total income.

Also Everton are a shambles, citing them to support any argument completely undermines yourself.

It's not just about the income getting fans into the ground. Everton maybe a bit of a mess now, but they will come out of it, an then they have that shiney state of the art new stadium as a huge advantage over our 1980s ground.

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's not just about the income getting fans into the ground. Everton maybe a bit of a mess now, but they will come out of it, an then they have that shiney state of the art new stadium as a huge advantage over our 1980s ground.

Can you explain exactly why their new ground would be a "huge advantage" over Villa Park exactly? Match Day income is 10-15% of total revenues for PL clubs. Everton's new Stadium will have capacity of 52,000 and we will have 45,000 (after these additional 2,700 new seats are added). 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Can you explain exactly why their new ground would be a "huge advantage" over Villa Park exactly? Match Day income is 10-15% of total revenues for PL clubs. Everton's new Stadium will have capacity of 52,000 and we will have 45,000 (after these additional 2,700 new seats are added). 

It will hugely increase commercial revenue. Have you seen the income coming from Tottenham stadium.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It will hugely increase commercial revenue. Have you seen the income coming from Tottenham stadium.

Tottenham is located in London. Everton are in Liverpool. These are different worlds.

Let me add to this. There are almost as many millionaires in London (~300,000) as there are people in Liverpool (~500,000)

Edited by CVByrne

Â