Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

So do you think this is a new unforeseeable decision, or something they deliberately withheld from people before they renewed their tickets?

Things on the pitch are great, but what they do off it **** stinks. I'm hard pressed to think of a company I do business with that treat their customers with as much contempt as this lot do.

While they're spending millions tarting that up, maybe they can get someone to unblock the piss troughs for the plebs.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Just now, Davkaus said:

So do you think this is a new unforeseeable decision, or something they deliberately withheld from people before they renewed their tickets?

Things on the pitch are great, but they they do off it **** stinks. I'm hard pressed to think of a company I do business with that treat their customers with as much contempt as this lot so.

While they're spending millions tarting that up, maybe they can get someone to unblock the piss troughs for the plebs.

Coming soon, toilets that aren't flooded with piss, only £25 a game with a special commemorative wristband. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Things on the pitch are great, but what they do off it **** stinks. I'm hard pressed to think of a company I do business with that treat their customers with as much contempt as this lot do.

I can think of 19 others...

Same with the food and service, said before even Wembley is **** garbage for those kind of things

The service I can kind of see with the temp staff thing but it's not acceptable that no one ever tries to improve it

They're all bad for it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

On the bits that Dave Woodall mentions on the latter part of his tweet, can anyone help answer any of the following questions to any of this. Is the Holte Suite connected to the HET in any way or is it a different entity?

I would say yes, it will be a red carpeted access tunnel that will ferry you via a sedan chair between the Holte Suite and the terrace view, and will only cost you £100 each way per game.

After all this is what we voted for in the Summer survey ...........

• Haha 2

I don't understand this. 

It must surely be a heinous crime dreamed up by Purslow to exploit the fans. 

I understand how Heck and the owners couldn't reel in Terrace View but surely they could have cancelled this unwanted monstrosity couldn't they? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I can confirm that Mr Heck and Mr Hatton confirmed at the meeting yesterday that the Holte Suite won't be re-opening to season ticket holders.

Instead, it'll be opening as a sort of all inclusive hospitality area, where ticket holders will be able to eat and drink before and after the game - those people won't necessarily be sat in the Holte End - so for example you might eat and drink here, then walk down to the Trinity Road, watch the game from the middle Trinity and return here post match - they'll look to charge around an additional £70.00 for this facility.

More hospitality, wherever they can find space for it (including on the car parks and in the area around Villa Park) is most definitely a priority for them.

Disgraceful decision on top of the Holte Terrace. And on top of that, they have lied to the supporters about why the Holte Suite has been closed this season. Should have been upfront with it- guys we have been on a fact-finding mission to other PL clubs and have decided to totally rinse you from on now.

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

they have lied to the supporters about why the Holte Suite has been closed this season. 

in fairness, i think this is as much opportunism as plan - during the construction of the Terrace View, they used the Holte Suite as a storage area and ended up with some damage being done in there - if it hadn't have been for the Terrace View overrunning and the damage, I think it might have opened as usual this season, but I think once they had to to do some work in there anyway, they've taken the chance to convert it this season rather than maybe next summer or whenever they had it pencilled in for.

You couldn't make it up really could you.

Given time, I'm sure the shitshow that was once The Holte End that's now looking a bit like a dismantled circus, will be corrected and put right.

The whole £70 a head thing though - on top of your ticket price, nope, I cannot see many takers on that one.

I get what the are trying to do it to gain added revenue etc. but fans equally need value for money too (without mentioning there's a cost of living crisis taking place).

Which large grounds get the atmosphere right?

Man City and Arsenal are infamous libraries with their atmosphere. What's the atmosphere at spurs like?

Judging from Heck's comments, we're trying to force hospitality into all areas of the ground.  But it seems that in doing so we're forcing out the fans that bring the atmosphere,  which is already getting questioned. 

Does Liverpool, with the Kop, leave those seats free for GE fans? Do Old Trafford with the Stretford End? If not, does the atmosphere still work and if so is this just an unfounded concern?

Edit: did a quick check and seems old Trafford did suffer thanks to putting hospitality in the Stretford end... but they're taking it out from next year...

Athletic article on the above

Now, from season 2024-25, the Stretford End executive section will be gone and in its place will be general admission seats. United have made the decision following consultation with the club’s fans.

Edited by MrBlack
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Judging from Heck's comments, we're trying to force hospitality into all areas of the ground.  But it seems that in doing so we're forcing out the fans that bring the atmosphere,  which is already getting questioned. 

The fans shouldn't allow this to happen. Then again, we no longer own the stadium so we have no choice now what's done to it I guess.

2 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Man City and Arsenal are infamous libraries with their atmosphere. 

From what I can tell Arsenal's has dramatically improved with Arteta and the club both vocally and practically supporting the ultra-like fan group that was set up a few years back, assisting them in congregating in one block, funding banners, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

From what I can tell Arsenal's has dramatically improved with Arteta and the club both vocally and practically supporting the ultra-like fan group that was set up a few years back, assisting them in congregating in one block, funding banners, etc.

So then, does the ultras block have hospitality in it or is it a conscious effort to get all like minded chant-obsessed fans in the same place using the cheapest GE tickets available?  In any case, sounds like a change they made to help the atmosphere.

My point is that in the redevelopment of villa park, rather than going "all hospitality" to play catch up,  and find our atmosphere killed only to backtrack a few years down the line like Arsenal and United have done, why not get it right from the off?

Maybe it's a journey you have to go through to break the glass ceiling...

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

So then, does the ultras block have hospitality in it or is it a conscious effort to get all like minded chant-obsessed fans in the same place using the cheapest GE tickets available?  In any case, sounds like a change they made to help the atmosphere.

A section of tickets are put aside specifically for members of the group is what I’ve read. And also Arteta himself pushed the club to do this.

On 18/09/2023 at 12:53, The Fun Factory said:

It is good news that they are still committed to the new north stand.

However I dread to think of the prices they will be charging, and even the ancillary features like the Warehouse are going to cost a bomb.

The club should buy Aston Hall from the council and charge £70 for entrance as well.

Interesting that you said that about Aston Hall, The Times are actually reporting that the newly appointed commissioners who have taken over the running of Birmingham city council have lined up aston hall for a sale. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the club try to buy it, what other club has an offering like that on their doorstep? I could see the commercial team thinking it will be a real money spinner pre Match for the more “cultured” hospitality clientele they are going after!

12 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Interesting that you said that about Aston Hall, The Times are actually reporting that the newly appointed commissioners who have taken over the running of Birmingham city council have lined up aston hall for a sale. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the club try to buy it, what other club has an offering like that on their doorstep? I could see the commercial team thinking it will be a real money spinner pre Match for the more “cultured” hospitality clientele they are going after!

With driverless shuttle pods straight to the turnstile 

• Haha 1

Â