Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

13 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If I had to guess I would say that the tender prices returned have come in over the original cost plan because that cost plan was based on price indexes and KPIs that can't properly capture post corona and Ukraine war construction costs and theyre currently doing a value engineering exercise to get the costs down before appointing a main contractor

I would guess that because that's completely normal

Ah, the magic words.

Look forward to that red brick facade being replaced by Trinity Road style metal sheeting.

42 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

True - but the planning permission for this stand has been improved with the transport situation "as is" - other than the experience of fans attending, there's no transport reason for them not to go ahead.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it start in July 2024.

I agree.

I'll only be worried about the expansion going ahead if - the UK and Ireland doesn't win the Euro 28 bid (to be announced in September?) and work hasn't started in time to complete by May 28. In theory, that could be as late as May 2026.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Ah, the magic words.

Look forward to that red brick facade being replaced by Trinity Road style metal sheeting.

That'd be a planning application amendment I think

But the architect naming his mate as the brick supplier from Belgium when the black country is a hot bed for brick suppliers would be ripe for VE (and that's from experience too... Built a school in Stourbridge with Belgian bricks) can almost guarantee venesta will be sweating at the moment 

Its the same old

Just now, villa4europe said:

But the architect naming his mate as the brick supplier from Belgium when the black country is a hot bed for brick suppliers would be ripe for VE (and that's from experience too... Built a school in Stourbridge with Belgian bricks) can almost guarantee venesta will be sweating at the moment 

Its the same old

Agree that would be a planning variation.  I'd like to see Villa provide a short update - perhaps from an introductory from Chris Heck?

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Yeah, describing it as modest changes then describing something entirely different to what was planned. What are they actually saying they are and aren’t doing?

All adds to the general confusion about what is going on off the pitch. Sounds like this would be a new application. The original, original plan was for all of this to be demolished even before they talked about a new north stand. It is a glorified shed and is not fit for purpose, no matter how much refurbishment they are thinking about. 

Why is it that we are finally looking the business on the pitch, we are all over the shop of  it yet again? SIgh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Queue amendment submitted.

The release leaked above doesn't mention supplier changes, but I guess that might be incorporated in the detail behind it. 

13 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Queue amendment submitted.

The release leaked above doesn't mention supplier changes, but I guess that might be incorporated in the detail behind it. 

you don't have to do supplier changes you're free to do that, you have to submit material changes though so brick to cladding for example

does sound like the project is over budget so they've decided to knock villa live on the head for the time being but then what makes that interesting is it also sounds like they're planning another project on the site and its live that gets pushed back

• Thanks 1

Reading between the lines it sounds like the villa live building has been canned and aspects of it moved to a refurb of the academy building. The new shop and cafe/bar is moved into North Stand itself. To be honest as long as all the public realm improvements happen to level the ground and open up a new “villa way” as it was described I don’t think it is that big of a loss. The fan zone experience could still be done well outside with outdoor bars and food outlets etc.

Edited by mikeyjavfc
  • Like 1

Â