Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I have read a comment that was a bit derogatory ( IMO) but only one.

Whilst I think patience is needed for the next few weeks what on earth isrong with scepticism from some ? Are you really so totally certain everything isOK that you feel any questioning is inappropriate ?I

Your question could easily be turned the other way, what would have to not be right for you to be OK with them questioning.

Surely the same " it's early days" idea that gives Tony leeway is also the " early days" that means it's too soon to just assume all will be well

No I'm not totally certain everything will be fine. He's been here 6 weeks and made positive moves but until he shows reason to doubt or question him I'll give him my trust. The transfer window has a month to go so I certainly won't be questioning at this point where the money is. I won't question his plan because I'm yet to see it develop because in case anyone missed it. He's only been in charge for a matter of weeks. I'm not assuming everything will be perfect, I'm happy with the moves we've made and I'm waiting to see what comes next. What's he done to give people reason to be sceptical of him or what he says? I'd love to know what makes him so untrustworthy. I suspect it's nothing to do with him and all to do with the fact some people just can't help moaning, it's like they need a cause to get behind as part of their support for the club. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

We also got £40M in parachute payments. Just saying. 

Doesn't this £40m replace a much larger revenue figure which we received in the premier league? Even with wage cuts etc. I'd have thought this would be needed for running costs and the idea of the parachute payments was to ensure that once relegated a team wasn't immediately threatened with huge losses and potential insolvency issues..

This may be completely wrong, that's just what I thought they were there for. I wouldn't have thought the premier league would just dish out £40m for teams to buy players with. 

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

No I'm not totally certain everything will be fine. He's been here 6 weeks and made positive moves but until he shows reason to doubt or question him I'll give him my trust. The transfer window has a month to go so I certainly won't be questioning at this point where the money is. I won't question his plan because I'm yet to see it develop because in case anyone missed it. He's only been in charge for a matter of weeks. I'm not assuming everything will be perfect, I'm happy with the moves we've made and I'm waiting to see what comes next. What's he done to give people reason to be sceptical of him or what he says? I'd love to know what makes him so untrustworthy. I suspect it's nothing to do with him and all to do with the fact some people just can't help moaning, it's like they need a cause to get behind as part of their support for the club. 

I'm with you on waiting . With you on giving him time, and waiting to see what comes next. Also I think we shouldn't forget that deals are complicated and however wealthy he is he can't make them happen if they won't happen.

However, I think it is reasonable for people to be concerned, just over a week to go, that the absolutely critical job of overhauling (arguably) the worst side we have ever had, is far from complete.

I think it's unfair, therefore, to suggest those people who feel those concerns very strongly just like moaning.

There is enough history at enough Clubs with new owners not turning out to be what was expected to justify concerns IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

I'm with you on waiting . With you on givint. i him time, and waiting to see what comes next. Also I think we shouldn't forget that deals are complicated and however wealthy he is he can't make them happen if they won't happen.

However, I think it is reasonable for people to be concerned, just over a week to go, that the absolutely critical job of overhauling (arguably) the orst side we have ever had, is far from complete.

I think it's unfair, therefore, to suggest those people who feel those concerns very strongly just like moaning.

There is enough history at enough Clubs with new owners not turning out to be what was expected to justify concerns IMO.

What has past history of other owners got to do with this guy? That's a ridiculous line of thinking. 

This club is a mess. Pretty much everyone agreed last year that it was rotten to the core and now some are unhappy that it's not all sorted after 6 weeks. We've made signings, we have players who weren't part of last year coming back from loans or getting another chance. We're shipping players out and will clearly sign more. We've hired a good manager and an excellent assistant manager. We're making changes behind the scenes and promoting our club in countries we didn't even bother much with before. Honestly, at this point how much more stuff did you think we would manage? I find it hard to believe that those moaning and criticising would be all positive if we'd signed a couple more players at this poInt. 

• Like 4

I think my last six posts in this thread have more than answered the points you raise. I have made them reasonably, and have agreed the need for patience. If anything you seem the intolerant one, why do you care so passionately that others shouldn't  criticise or question ? Can't you see there is room for both some positivity and some concerns ?

You don't see the relevance of history of ownership ? Fair enough. I'm staggered.  I do. But you do think it is relevant that we have done something (?) to promote the Club abroad ? And we have " made changes behind  the scenes" . 

I would say as far as relevance is coming concerned they figure very low at present.

Bit like Randy doing up the pub.

The big, driving priority is replacing our worst imaginable team. For some, it's progressing well, for others, it isnt.

I'm in the middle BTW, not awful, but still need to do much more.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

This club is a mess. Pretty much everyone agreed last year that it was rotten to the core and now some are unhappy that it's not all sorted after 6 weeks.  

I agree.

Equally,to use your comment another way,  8 weeks ago the same pretty much everyone agreed the Team was rotten to the core and now some are happy enough with three changes.

Edited by terrytini
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

3 or 4 gone by the end of the week he said. Now on Thursday with 0 out, not looking good :(

As we know, he believes the club should  be fully operational 7 days a week so I'm not giving up hope until Sunday. Dr Tony said 3 or 4 gone by the end of the week and of course he wouldn't have said that unless there were done deals ready and waiting...

Would he? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I think my la  st six posts in this thread have more than answered the poits you raise. I have made them reasonably, and have agreed the need for patience. If anything you seem the intolerant one, why do you care so passionately that others shouldn't  criticise or question ? Can't you see there is room for both some positivity and some concerns ?

ou don't see the relevance of history of ownership ? Fair enough. I'm staggered.  I do. But you do think it is relevant that we have done something (?) to promote the Club abroad ? And we have " made changes behind  the scenes" . 

I would say as far as relevance is coming concerned they figure very low at present.

Bit like Randy doing up the pub.

The big, driving priority is replacing our worst imaginable team. For some, it's progressing well, for others, it isnt.

I'm in the middle BTW, not awful, but still need to do much more. 

No I don't see the relevance. Why does Lerner being a shit owner have anything to do with Dr X?  Of course improving the team is what matters, once again he's been here 6 weeks and we've spent more than most other teams in the league. Randy doing up the pub mattered little because everything else was shit, if this turns out the same way then yes the things done behind the scenes will be pointless, but it's been 6 weeks so until it goes tits up I'm glad he's promoting the club in new markets. 

If people want to criticise and question, they can, just as I can point out how ridiculous it is at this point. It's a massive job to turn a club around that's been on the decline for 5/6 years. Anyone who expected it to be achieved in 6 weeks is crazy IMO.

9 hours ago, terrytini said:

I agree.

Equally,to use your comment another way,  8 weeks ago the same pretty much everyone agreed the Team was rotten to te core and now some are happy enough with three changes.

We've made 3 signings but to say there's only been 3 changes is off the mark. And no one is happy with just this being the final picture. It's the first step in the rebuild, why wouldn't people be pleased with a positive start to a big job?

I agree its crazy to think it can be turned around in six weeks, or six months.

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

No I don't see the relevance. Why does Lerner being a shit owner have anything to do with Dr X?  Of course improving the team is what matters, once again he's been here 6 weeks and we've spent more than most other teams in the league. Randy doing up the pub mattered little because everything else was shit, if this turns out the same way then yes the things done behind the scenes will be pointless, but it's been 6 weeks so until it goes tits up I'm glad he's promoting the club in new markets. 

If people want to criticise and question, they can, just as I can point out how ridiculous it is at this point. It's a massive job to turn a club around that's been on the decline for 5/6 years. Anyone who expected it to be achieved in 6 weeks is crazy IMO.

I agree its crazy to think it can be turned in six weeks, or six months.

I don't agree history of many many new owners not turning out to be any use is irrirrelevant. Like all history, it may be relevant, it may not, but it is certainly reasonable, given the amount that don't stack up, to use that knowledge to inform ones current view. Not dominate it, but figure in it.

I see no relevance at all in what other Clubs have, or have not, spent. Firstly, I don't support them. Secondly they aren't a massive club just bought by ( we all agree ?) a fantastically wealthy owner ( whose aim is the very top). Thirdly, none of them are trying to remove the country's worst side and replace it with one to get promotion.

Above all, whilst for me some of the worries people are expressing are premature, I certainly don't see them as ridiculous.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well this shows your negativity. We've made 3 signings but to say there's only been 3 changes is off the mark. And no one is happy with just this being the final picture. It's the first step in the rebuild, why wouldn't people be pleased with a positive start to a big job?

I reject totally your comment that I am negative. Read my last six or seven posts, you won't find any as equable.

For you to say this is negative actual!shows the opposite, that you view anyone not ' pleased' as negative.

There is nothing I can say, if you can't see how someone could be pleased with what has been done, whilst at the same time be concerned with what hasn't been done. It's really a simple enough idea !

And you say " no- one is happy with this being the final picture".....but it is, currently, the only picture, we don't know the future. So you would agree that at present you are not happy, but hopefully that things will get better ?

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I reject totally your comment that I am negative. Read my last six or seven posts, you won't find any as equable.

For you to say this is negative actual!shows the opposite, that you view anyone not ' pleased' as negative.

There inothing I can say, if you can't see how someone could be pleased with what has been done, whilst at the same time be concerned with what hasn't been done. It's really a simple enough idea !

And you say " no- one is happy with this being the final picture".....but it is, currently, the only picture, we don't know the future. So you would agree that at present you are not happy, but hopefully that things will get better ?

Well you chose to just focus on 3 signings and disregard any other changes we've made from last season. I'm sorry but that seems very negative to me. 

I'm happy because this isn't the end, at this point in the ownership I'm happy with what's being done and I have no reason to question or doubt that more will come. He's given me no reason to question him so until he does I will trust what he says and see how it develops. 

31 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Well this shows your negativity. We've made 3 signings but to say there's only been 3 changes is off the mark. And no one is happy with just this being the final picture. It's the first step in the rebuild, why wouldn't people be pleased with a positive start to a big job?

Agree.. additionally...lts also not forget (hopefully) Amavi and Traore will feature more. We have Baker, Bennett and Gardner back (who have championship experience) so even though we have only signed 3 players.. we have 5 players there who can make a difference at Championship level that were not really involved last season. 

However we need a few key players going forward.. so with a few leaving (Sinclair Gueye) etc.. i am hopeful we can bring some talent in ASAP. 

Edited by KSV
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, TRO said:

I never did see us fast tracking our way out of this.....It would take an owner with a very huge personal wealth to do it and a plan to pay over the odds in fee's and wages.

That has never been on the cards

I do think that is a picture Tony has painted for himself rather than expectation from the fans.

7 hours ago, TRO said:

Imo We have an owner with liquids funds to sensibly rebuild the team.....that will take time and a few windows to build.....it will also take a management team that makes more good buys than bad.....and that in-itself will be a first in many years.

I also have a hunch we may be on the cusp of finding a few gems from our own back yard.

A sensible approach, and after Lerner all Tony had to do was articulate such an approach rather than the bold claims he keeps spouting of social media. At best its naive, and we have just got rid of a chairman that had the same problem when he first came to the club, which resulted in 6yrs of misery. 

My worry are the claims themselves. Top 3 in the world, the biggest club China, and he said that he wasn't going to do a Man City to achieve these goals, well Tony how are we going to achieve them because Man City can't achieve those things with all the money they have. Surely he must know those ambitions are unrealistic?

Which brings me back to my initial point. No one expexted a Man City, no one expected to be playing in the CL, after Lerner i just wanted an owner that knew his arse from his elbow, but if you are goimg to make stupid claims people are goimg to call you out.  

The way I see it, last season we all for the most part thought the team would be mid table-ish, however after the Leicester game confidence was shot and the team never recovered, maybe there's enough about this team when playing confidently to actual be a strong championship side, hence why no panic buying.

Like Dr Tony said, have faith in the manager.

• Like 2

Â