England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

I still don't know why England are so bad at tournments, clearly the ability is there. They were putting away teams like Russia, Slovakia and Iceland in 2nd gear in the qualifiers... but then when there is a bit of pressure on it they just go to pieces. Is it because they are all bored of sitting around in hotels for days on end? From the outside looking in I can't fathom it.

I'm expecting the same for the next WC, walk the qualifiers, fall apart in Russia.

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

This is the problem.  Until the players and management have the courage to come out and say that was not good enough, or more accurately 'that was **** shit', and actually have a proper introspective, they'll continue to pat each other on their underperforming backs and pick up their massive wages and get **** out of the next tournament too at the same stage.  And on and on and on we go.

Frankly, I strongly suspect the beastly Icelandics had been practising - sure they pretend it's all about their gold tooth’d gods Heimdallr, and Óðinn smiting the opposition, but basically they did practising and tried hard. How is anyone supposed to deal with that level of cunning and cheating?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I would try tempt Guus Hiddink

It really doesn't matter who we get, does it?

Probably not even worth speculating, all these players are duds.

If you don't have it in you to control, and want the ball at this level you are ****.

Another crop to write off.

22 minutes ago, West said:

Confused as to why people are mentioning Glenn Hoddle. What management has he been involved in for 10 years? The game has moved on. 

If his commentary is anything to go by I'd say he'd be a terrible choice. 

In fact, I thought his stint as England manager was sub par. The performance at France 98 was quite good but then people seem to forget the absolutely abysmal start he made in the Euro 2000 qualifying campaign - the football was diabolical and so were the results. 

On top of that he has been on the scrap heap for a long time.

• Like 1

I'm going to say something that's maybe a little  controversial, in the current mood.  But I think that England were pretty good until last night (when they were diabolical). With the right manager, making the right tactical choices and team selections, then I think the current crop of players can do well. I think what let them down last night was lack of mental strength, when they went behind, and poor decision making from the manager.

I want the PL bubble to burst, I really do.

I am sick of cowards like Sterling, they will stand up to one of the biggest clubs in history with their agent next to them, they want the money, they want the instant success but they don't have the bollocks to stand up and be counted on a football field.

no bollocks to want the ball, to drive at people, to commit people, to take responsibility, to show a **** backbone. Just hide behind your fullback all night and turn your back on the ball.

Symptomatic of a system that rewards mediocrity, that babies and mollycoddle's people their entire lives. That produces pathetic little boys.

**** the lot of them, the sooner the PL goes bust the better. They are all a bunch of **** arseholes.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, blandy said:

Frankly, I strongly suspect the beastly Icelandics had been practising - sure they pretend it's all about their gold tooth’d gods Heimdallr, and Óðinn smiting the opposition, but basically they did practising and tried hard. How is anyone supposed to deal with that level of cunning and cheating?

Exactly. Bloody European's we are better off without them, now where did Inleave my grool and candle the power just went out.

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

If his commentary is anything to go by I'd say he'd be a terrible choice. 

In fact, I thought his stint as England manager was sub par. The performance at France 98 was quite good but then people seem to forget the absolutely abysmal start he made in the Euro 2000 qualifying campaign - the football was diabolical and so were the results. 

On top of that he has been on the scrap heap for a long time.

Agreed, I wonder if I am watching the same game.

Pass around the back four for an hour then lump one 90 yards out for a goal kick.

"Good idea, we are probing."

Never heard a negative thing out of his mouth all night, the God Squad Happy Pill Popping mental case.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Agreed, I wonder if I am watching the same game.

Pass around the back four for an hour then lump one 90 yards out for a goal kick.

"Good idea, we are probing."

Never heard a negative thing out of his mouth all night, the God Squad Happy Pill Popping mental case.

I understand that some want to be supportive, but I was criticising them since the Russia performance, I was told England played really well, but I saw a highly flawed display, impotent up front and vulnerable at the back. 

The punditry has been awful, nothing but happy clapping (aside from Bilic). 

14 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

It really doesn't matter who we get, does it?

Probably not even worth speculating, all these players are duds.

If you don't have it in you to control, and want the ball at this level you are ****.

Another crop to write off.

Completely disagree, the ability is there because they piss all over these sides in qualifiers.

Its a mental / preparation thing.

3 minutes ago, West said:

Slaven Bilic has to be an option. Talks sense in the media & walks the talk as a manager. Whether he accepts or not is a different matter.

No way money bags West Ham will release him. They've got their new stadium too, no way they'll let him go.

7 minutes ago, Genie said:

No way money bags West Ham will release him. They've got their new stadium too, no way they'll let him go.

Money bags FA were paying Roy silly money. They can pay whoever they want even sillier. 

2 minutes ago, West said:

Money bags FA were paying Roy silly money. They can pay whoever they want even sillier.

Not the kind of money WH would want to release him from his contract. The FA aren't going to spend £10m+ just to get him out of the club, then he'd be mad to take the role on unless it was world record wages. He'll be on big money already.

43 minutes ago, West said:

Slaven Bilic has to be an option. Talks sense in the media & walks the talk as a manager. Whether he accepts or not is a different matter. 

Why on earth would he want the job? He has done international management with Croatia and opted to go to club management and has a good job at a club really moving forward.

I can't see any draw for him.

• Like 1

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Why on earth would he want the job? He has done international management with Croatia and opted to go to club management and has a good job at a club really moving forward.

I can't see any draw for him.

..because it's the biggest job in the wuurrrld, nobody would turn it down (I think they were Shearer's and Rio's words)

• Like 1