The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

12 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Brian Little saying something would be good enough for me too... but he hasn't, well not on the record anyway. What we actually have is someone saying Brian Little has said something. So really your comment should be 'random person on net who told me Brian Litte said something is good enough for me'".

Forums sometimes offer such a scary insight in to the power of the press/ social media. A photoshopped picture can become 'truth', a rumour can become a 'fact' and a unheard chat can become a 'quote'.

I'm not saying it didn't happen and I'm not having a go at you personally, it's just the ease in which something becomes fact worries me. Personally I'll keep hoping but I've heard nothing that suggests this takeover is on other than the 'extensive talks' line.

Useful link for you: http://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help-you/contact-us

Brian Little saying something would be good enough for me too... but he hasn't, well not on the record anyway. What we actually have is someone saying Brian Little has said something. So really your comment should be 'random person on net who told me Brian Litte said something is good enough for me'".

Forums sometimes offer such a scary insight in to the power of the press/ social media. A photoshopped picture can become 'truth', a rumour can become a 'fact' and a unheard chat can become a 'quote'.

I'm not saying it didn't happen and I'm not having a go at you personally, it's just the ease in which something becomes fact worries me. Personally I'll keep hoping but I've heard nothing that suggests this takeover is on other than the 'extensive talks' line.

Yes I agree with everything you've said. Still, 2 different posters with similar stories from Saturday, one accompanied with a picture of BL with his kid beside a gate at VP... I'm not saying it's not a well fabricated bit of itk showboating, but I've seen less credible...

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Your right but we do have multiple sources (OS, King, Sky, Lerner’s letter, informal reports about what Brian Little said) which, to varying degrees, all suggest a takeover could be happening.  The fact that we have a few different sources claiming something similar gives us some hope anyway.  Like many, I am just desperate for it to happen so naturally clutch at any straws on offer.  Our collective lack of patience, or even rationality, is probably because we are in such dire straits. I can see no way forward without new ownership tbh.

Edited by Gary Thomas

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Your right but we do have multiple sources (OS, King, Sky, Lerner’s goodbye letter, informal reports about what Brian Little said) which, to varying degrees, all seem to be suggesting a takeover could be happening, which make it more plausible IMO.  The fact that we have a few different sources claiming something similar gives us some hope anyway.  Like many, I am just desperate for it to happen so naturally clutch at any straws on offer.  Our collective lack of patience, or even rationality, is probably due the fact that we are in such dire straits. I can see no way forward without new ownership so we need it to happen.

200.gif

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Richard said:

How long do extensive talks take do you think?

Forever when your "not a motivated seller"

29 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

Where did this 48 hours thing come from?

28 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

King interview IIRC

I thought the 48 hours came originally from The Sun and then Sky sports reporting the same about the Villa fan consortium. Which said a significant break through could happen in the next 48 hours.

Since then there were supposedly 3 groups with bids accepted and in due diligence, with the Birmingham Mail saying that something happening in 48 hours wasn't a likely timescale.

I don't remember Mervyn King TV interview saying anything about 48 hours, just about over the next few weeks.

• Like 1

Jon Bon Jovi's taking us over??

FFS..... hope he doesn't expect us to buy his music

Spoiler

Please, no one make the comment we'd be 'Living on a Prayer'...... wooooooooaaaahhhh we're halfway there.... (shudder)

Edited by theboyangel