The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

1 hour ago, thabucks said:

Jamie Gray's Twitter is an interesting read, basically hinting it's a done deal. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/jmgray80

Brian Little apparently saying the same earlier.

Obviously any negotiations would have stalled from about September onwards so its hardly surprising that if there was previous interest, it would have gathered pace over the past few weeks once our immediate future was determined.

Possibly another reason why funds weren't made available in Jan?

The only reason I can think of why funds werent available in Jan is that all villa's books had been set up in case of relegation, with all the incomes and costings already planned out for any future interested buyer to look at and spunking 25 Mil on players would have ballsed that up. Any spare couple of mil in the budget would be to lay off Garde. Massively defeatist but sounds about right for us these days

I think the 4 results over the Xmas period were defining. Personally, I wasn't really bothered about signing anyone. Nobody worth his salt would have touched us with a barge pole. That striker that Newcastle beat us to has hardly set the world on fire has he?

The fact that Garde was unlikely to have been with us next season would also have been a factor

Finally, if there was something in the pipeline, that was another reason not to spend.

#itk

popped into the local kebab for a pizza the other night and got talking to one of the guys as you do waiting for my pizza. And he said he was offered a part of the new consortium in exchange for a lifetime of free meals by gabby, he said the local Indian, Chinese ( maybe where the Chinese link comes from) and fish and chip shop had all already joined on the same terms. But, he ( the kebab) guy ultimatly had reservations about the consortiums legitimacy...

what is gabby up to ... 

Edited by Kbdrum88
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kbdrum88 said:

Sorry I'm new to this #itk stuff but I've got a Twitter account does that not make me legitimate these days ??? 

Twittee account you say? 

This guy knows the score, he's connected up to the eyeballs. 

Seems legit.

2 hours ago, KSV said:

more fuel to the fire.......Thetrees posted on twitter that Randys jet that he uses to come to Birmingham is for sale :)

Where does he post nowadays?

9 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

You are without doubt a very clever individual. Theres no flies on you and you definitely won't be taken in by any rumours. I salute you.

Now do the world a favour and p##s off. Theres nothing in this thread that will interest you.

Thanks in advance.

There's plenty that interests in this thread including your hilarious little post above, now do me a favour and don't get your little panties in a bunch and get aggressive with me in a forum thread just because you're gullible to everything you read on twitter. Oh and ill come in this thread as and when i please as it is about discussing the takeover which includes laughing at every ridiculous ITK stuff we'll no doubt see in the coming weeks.

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Rob182 said:

100% this.

As one of the people who has posted 'vague ITK bullshit' (Little saying deal is close, via Twitter poster), I would like to say right now:

If you don't like rumours and people passing on information, then this is NOT the thread you want to come in. Do us all a favour, including yourself, and just enjoy all the OTHER threads while waiting for an announcement on the official site. But stay out of this one.

It would be great to have a summer without the usual know-it-alls moaning every time someone posts something that they feel is interesting and relevant to the discussion.

Its funny because its actually people posting stuff said by so called know it alls that is annoying. Also the fact that this whole discussion started over a tweet that didn't really say anything about anything.

I dont mind though, i get that in our current situation there will be fans clutching at anything they see that could potentially be positive, nothing wrong with that.

9 hours ago, Butterfingers said:

Brian Little apparently saying the same earlier.

Obviously any negotiations would have stalled from about September onwards so its hardly surprising that if there was previous interest, it would have gathered pace over the past few weeks once our immediate future was determined.

Possibly another reason why funds weren't made available in Jan?

Probably, and that's the cynical side of business, especially the business of sport.

9 minutes ago, Cliffy Biro said:

There's plenty that interests in this thread including your hilarious little post above, now do me a favour and don't get your little panties in a bunch and get aggressive with me in a forum thread just because you're gullible to everything you read on twitter. Oh and ill come in this thread as and when i please as it is about discussing the takeover which includes laughing at every ridiculous ITK stuff we'll no doubt see in the coming weeks.

Thanks in advance.

I am so gullible too. I wish I was as wise as you.

Its funny because its actually people posting stuff said by so called know it alls that is annoying. Also the fact that this whole discussion started over a tweet that didn't really say anything about anything.

I dont mind though, i get that in our current situation there will be fans clutching at anything they see that could potentially be positive, nothing wrong with that.

Well it's good that you now 'get it', as one of your previous posts said you were amazed that people post this stuff.

Your final four words hit the nail on the head. There's nothing wrong with it. So there's no need for the digs about 'bullshit ITK' / 'vague' / 'I'm amazed people still post it'.

No-one here is posting a comment/rumour believing that it's fact or even remotely true, but it still adds to the discussion.

Even if Brian Little was just giving a standard 'it's close' answer to fans, in an attempt to keep them positive, who cares?

This is the takeover thread and this is the type of stuff that will be posted. Unless any potential buyers release their own statement prior to the sale (which they're not going to do, due to NDAs), then the only solid confirmation of a sale completing will be communicated via the Official Site.

No one wants to wait until then to discuss it, and also it's not unheard of for little snippets to leak here or there, vague or not, therefore people will post them and discuss them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Well it's good that you now 'get it', as one of your previous posts said you were amazed that people post this stuff.

Your final four words hit the nail on the head. There's nothing wrong with it. So there's no need for the digs about 'bullshit ITK' / 'vague' / 'I'm amazed people still post it'.

No-one here is posting a comment/rumour believing that it's fact or even remotely true, but it still adds to the discussion.

Even if Brian Little was just giving a standard 'it's close' answer to fans, in an attempt to keep them positive, who cares?

This is the takeover thread and this is the type of stuff that will be posted. Unless any potential buyers release their own statement prior to the sale (which they're not going to do, due to NDAs), then the only solid confirmation of a sale completing will be communicated via the Official Site.

No one wants to wait until then to discuss it, and also it's not unheard of for little snippets to leak here or there, vague or not, therefore people will post them and discuss them.

I meant there is nothing wrong with depressed fed up fans clutching at the rumours, im still not really interested in ITK accountsbut i cant really be bothered to bang on about it, its been done for 1000's of pages over the past few takeover threads.

Therefore people will post and discuss them is the key part, evidently if you don't agree with the general consensus you get attacked by certain people.