The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

3 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

Our official website said Hollis was in talks, surely we are not getting lied to by our owne club.Things just cant be THAT bad ?!

They could be. I hope there is something in it but I take everything that comes out of the club with a pinch of salt these days. 

This Thread should be temporary closed untill the Take-away-buy-Gaby-get-Lescott/Richards/Sinclair-and-a-Football-Club-free is completed. Then All our PC's/Mac's/Tablets/Mobile phones & SSN goes ape-s**t and light up.

5 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Is this what it's like to be a Cleveland Browns fan?

Quite a lot like it was for them but they are shot of our "custodian" now, there is no relegation over there and we do not get the first draft pick next season for ending rock bottom. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John said:

They could be. I hope there is something in it but I take everything that comes out of the club with a pinch of salt these days. 

What worries me is the statement was so vague it could encompass just about anything related to the sale, for example, Hollis negotiating with the new law firm who are being asked to help find a buyer.  So technically they will be able to say they were not lying even though we all know they are misrepresenting things.  Not saying this is happening, but.....

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

What worries me is the statement was so vague it could encompass just about anything related to the sale, for example, Hollis negotiating with the new law firm who are being asked to help find a buyer.  So technically they will be able to say they were not lying even though we all know they are misrepresenting things.  Not saying this is happening, but.....

I know what you mean and I am a bit sceptical also but they need to get things moving along,  they need to think about the revenue for 2017 and this is going to be piss poor the longer they **** about.  There are only so many deck chairs to arrange for **** sake.  Currently I doubt they could give season tickets away so they need to get a grip and sort it out.

2 hours ago, John said:

Quite a lot like it was for them but they are shot of our "custodian" now, there is no relegation over there and we do not get the first draft pick next season for ending rock bottom. 

Im not defending randy but the Browns have been shit for years and are still shit now. 

They get decent picks year after year for being shit and they're still shit. 

They may turn it around this year as the they have a lot of picks but we'll see. 

Randy selling them hasn't made them any better anyway. Still the same problems. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Im not defending randy but the Browns have been shit for years and are still shit now. 

They may turn it around this year as the they have a lot of picks but we'll see. 

One might argue that the problems run deep for them thanks to Lerner and it is not easy to recover from the effects of him.  that does not bode well for us

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Richard said:

One might argue that the problems run deep for them thanks to Lerner and it is not easy to recover from the effects of him.  that does not bode well for us

To be fair, were they any good before Randy? I don't ever recall the Browns being a major force at any point in my life time.

32 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I know what you mean and I am a bit sceptical also but they need to get things moving along,  they need to think about the revenue for 2017 and this is going to be piss poor the longer they **** about.  There are only so many deck chairs to arrange for **** sake.  Currently I doubt they could give season tickets away so they need to get a grip and sort it out.

Totally agree. if they think a bit of spin about a sale will convince fans to purchase season tickets I think they are mistaken. As I said yesterday, the only way forward is a new owner so i really hope it happens sooner or later.  This summer is SO important.  There is so much work to do we have to hit the ground running. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, NeilS said:

To be fair, were they any good before Randy? I don't ever recall the Browns being a major force at any point in my life time.

Maybe not,  but were they ever as bad?

34 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I agree with this ^^

For me it is do or die regards a takeover this time. The only thing which is of interest to me at this time is "are we sold yet"?! I do not give a Monkeys about the disgraceful way the club is run currently, which is rubbed in our faces everyday from all directions, we know it's a shambles so i'm not interested in hearing about it anymore!!! Nor the shocking way the players behave and display their stinking attitude to the club and fans or the fact we have no manager or whatever else because frankly none of it will change unless we are sold! So either we are sold or my interest in Villa is at level zero, aside from a passing glance on the internet to see whether we're sold or not!

It does not matter one iota what the club or Lerner do or what BS they spout to try to heal wounds or whatever for next season as i will not be wasting any valuable time nor spending any money on anything Villa related until we are sold. It doesn't even matter who the new manager is because if he comes without new ownership in place he will be doomed to failure from the start anyway!

You can give a house a makeover as often as you like but if the structure is damaged it will 100% collapse regardless!

Would you like the local Samaritans number mate....glad you were not around in 'the good old 3 division days'

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Did they not do well in this years picks.  Traded with someone else to get a load of top picks for the next couple of years.  Apparently a great bit of business.  Maybe not them im  thinking of though :)

14 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

Did they not do well in this years picks.  Traded with someone else to get a load of top picks for the next couple of years.  Apparently a great bit of business.  Maybe not them im  thinking of though :)

The draft hasn't happened yet, but they'll probably Brownse it up.