The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

I don't believe any of this. I think they're trying to subdue us barbarians before we storm the gates. Come the end of the season it'll go quiet or there'll be an evasive statement.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, coda said:

I don't believe any of this. I think they're trying to subdue us barbarians before we storm the gates. Come the end of the season it'll go quiet or there'll be an evasive statement.

Something like...

"Given the recent statement issued by club owner Randy Lerner where he 100% accepts total blame for the position the club is in he can now announce that he is totally committed to putting the club back where he found it before seeking a sale.  He sees it as a sense of duty and does not want to leave the club in a worse position.  He is motivated now to ensuring that the club gets back to at least the position it was in before he purchased the shareholding and is duty bound to achieve that. He hopes to be romantically nourished by memories of a glorious return to top flight football, and for fans to remember the good times not the bad"

Edited by Richard

55 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Jon Bon Jovi's taking us over??

FFS..... hope he doesn't expect us to buy his music

Hide contents

Please, no one make the comment we'd be 'Living on a Prayer'...... wooooooooaaaahhhh we're halfway there.... (shudder)

I know Bon Jovi as owner would be like a Shot Through The Heart but Keep The Faith.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Jon Bon Jovi's taking us over??

FFS..... hope he doesn't expect us to buy his music

Reveal hidden contents

Please, no one make the comment we'd be 'Living on a Prayer'...... wooooooooaaaahhhh we're halfway there.... (shudder)

Going from Young and hungry to Young guns?

Still going down (but in a blaze of glory)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

"Shot" in the net, and you're to blame,

Lescott you give football a bad name. 

After this season's performances, car tweets and interviews I'd say he's wanted, dead or alive.

• Like 1

I am shocked and appalled that The Scum's predicted timescales turned out to be a sack of shit.

Still, they got their pageviews. Remember that before you click on their bullshit next time.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I am shocked and appalled that The Scum's predicted timescales turned out to be a sack of shit.

Still, they got their pageviews. Remember that before you click on their bullshit next time.

The funny thing is, most if not ALL of the reports I saw said something along the lines of "become clearer within 48 hours" or "more progress within 48 hours etc'. I never saw 1 report stating that a takeover would be announced or complete. Any reports I saw along those lines said an announcement "could be made" within 48 hours etc. Everyone is just being impatient and jumping on this I knew it was all bollox wagon. NOT saying it is happening one way or another but signs are more indicative of it happening than not. It's a takeover, not going on a jol down the local Kebab shop.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

The funny thing is, most if not ALL of the reports I saw said something along the lines of "become clearer within 48 hours" or "more progress within 48 hours etc'. I never saw 1 report stating that a takeover would be announced or complete. Any reports I saw along those lines said an announcement "could be made" within 48 hours etc. Everyone is just being impatient and jumping on this I knew it was all bollox wagon. NOT saying it is happening one way or another but signs are more indicative of it happening than not. It's a takeover, not going on a jol down the local Kebab shop.

Did we not have statement from Lerner soon after the 48 hr claim? Maybe that was what was been referred to, or maybe just a coincidence?

If anyone thinks a corporate takeover can happen within 48 hours they are on a different planet. They'd spend that long just deciding on the formalities of sharing and receiving information.

Best we can hope is that bids have been accepted and that both parties are talking coherently

• Like 3