The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

36 minutes ago, tinker said:

Odds on that Lerner will try and keep some shares

not much in my head, the difference between us and the browns is that the NFL are far more likely to make a lot more money, him retaining 30% is a way of almost certain income, on the other hand with us is he really going to be that keen on keeping part of a business that loses money?

seems more likely that he'd want bonuses based on performance, extra £25m if we get promoted for example

1 minute ago, omariqy said:

Sorry I missed all this - what happened with Reilly and the board members?

Pure speculation and guesswork. I'm not really sure why Reily is being made out to be some kind of evil villain. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Well if you believe some saying that he is close to Riley then no doubt Lerner is negotiating that the sale can only happen if Paddy is guaranteed a role in the new set up,  I mean afterall he allowed two board members to resign over Riley (allegedly) so no doubt he would hold up a sale because of him too?

I'm pretty sure a Head Scout has nothing to do with a billionaire recouping £100m from a failed investment in a football club.

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Well if you believe some saying that he is close to Riley then no doubt Lerner is negotiating that the sale can only happen if Paddy is guaranteed a role in the new set up,  I mean afterall he allowed two board members to resign over Riley (allegedly) so no doubt he would hold up a sale because of him too?

Maybe Riley isn't that bad at his job? I think the managers have been the main problem alongside the so called senior players. Any new owners who've given £100m + will not be dictated to over any staff member they may just judge for themselves and replace accordingly  

I reckon this Reilly fella is some computer geek, with spots, a backwards placed baseball cap and a bedroom full of old pizza boxes and empty cans of coke (a fella's gotta eat and drink you know!) who spends most of his day playing Fifa, Pro Evo and FM followed by compiling data on that day's best performances. He then searches youtube for video footage compilations of noted best performers and then does a wiki search to try learn more about them. He then emails the said details to the powers-that-be at Villa Park and leaves negotiations in their "capable" hands.

3 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I reckon this Reilly fella is some computer geek, with spots, a backwards placed baseball cap and a bedroom full of old pizza boxes and empty cans of coke (a fella's gotta eat and drink you know!) who spends most of his day playing Fifa, Pro Evo and FM followed by compiling data on that day's best performances. He then searches youtube for video footage compilations of noted best performers and then does a wiki search to try learn more about them. He then emails the said details to the powers-that-be at Villa Park and leaves negotiations in their "capable" hands.

I heard he invented MySQL

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

Then I doubly hate him

Hopefully the new owners will select a competent head scout from a list of solid prospects where money isn't an issue.

59 minutes ago, mwj said:

I'm pretty sure a Head Scout has nothing to do with a billionaire recouping £100m from a failed investment in a football club.

And even less to do with two professional men resigning from board roles

15 minutes ago, Richard said:

And even less to do with two professional men resigning from board roles

Occam's Razor Sherlock. The simplest reason is that they found out the club was being sold post haste and they wouldn't be needed by the new regime.

Edited by mwj

13 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Would we be offering the managers job to candidates if a take-over is so close?

Depends which paper rumours you believe... the takeover ones, or the management offer ones?

Brian Little is good enough for me.

20 minutes ago, mwj said:

Depends which paper rumours you believe... the takeover ones, or the management offer ones?

Brian Little is good enough for me.

Brian Little saying something would be good enough for me too... but he hasn't, well not on the record anyway. What we actually have is someone saying Brian Little has said something. So really your comment should be 'random person on net who told me Brian Litte said something is good enough for me'".

Forums sometimes offer such a scary insight in to the power of the press/ social media. A photoshopped picture can become 'truth', a rumour can become a 'fact' and a unheard chat can become a 'quote'.

I'm not saying it didn't happen and I'm not having a go at you personally, it's just the ease in which something becomes fact worries me. Personally I'll keep hoping but I've heard nothing that suggests this takeover is on other than the 'extensive talks' line.

Edited by jackbauer24
spelling
  • Like 2