The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

So how have other teams faired so far under investment from the Far East. Off the top of my head I can only think of Birmingham City, Cardiff and QPR. :unsure:

26 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

Finding it hard to get excited about this at all. The thought of getting an owner like SHA and Portsmouth is terrifying.

Praying that we get lucky but I've got a horrible feeling we'll be in a similar position to Fulham in a year or two. 

Or we could end up in a similar position to..errr... Aston Villa. 

If Steve concludes this we should thank him and wish him well in his future endeavors .  We should not make an emotional appointment of him to the board and I doubt he will be stopping around or want to stop around anyway

• Like 4

Just now, Richard said:

If Steve concludes this we should thank him and wish him well in his future endeavors .  We should not make an emotional appointment of him to the board and I doubt he will be stopping around or want to stop around anyway

wtf

1 hour ago, Richard said:

Initial amount,  some deal on the money lerner has lent the club and some future sharing of increased TV revenue should we be promoted in year 1

Ha ! I mooted him wanting future money was the sticking point 3 weeks ago ...I claim ITK !!! (well, I claim lucky guess)..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

:crylaugh:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Western owners: Oyston, Lerner, Mike Ashley...

I don't care where an owner is from as long as they have a good sense for business and knows football, or if not, is shrewd enough to appoint people who do.

This.. We would not be looking for a new owner now and we wouldn't have been relegated now had Lerner done this from the start. Instead he only gave the go ahead for a knowledgeable football board like 3 months ago. 

well its reported that there were 4 serious buyers and we have chosen this one. At least we had a choice and it wasn't some cheapskate. Hopefully we had a few decent options and we got the best one

The Far East is an awfully big area to generalise... What if the new owner was 'African' that's even bigger, or Icelandic, would that make it better or worse? In truth any owner is an equally unknown quantity at this stage. 

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

What an odd time for some VT'ers to suddenly express doubts about the sale, the owners, their nationality, their wealth etc etc............FFS we have ALL wanted the Club sold for God knows how long, we all know it is a risk, but just for once, as it seems its going through, couldn't we at least start off being pleased and wait to see whether it works or not !!!!!

This is supposed to be a happy occasion, lets not bicker and argue about who killed who (etc, copyright M Python)

Amen-Brother.jpg~c200

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mwj said:

wtf

which bit are you struggling with?  I'll try and help you,  not sure I will be able to help you ,  but I'll try and clarify for you.

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

The Far East is an awfully big area to generalise... What if the new owner was 'African' that's even bigger, or Icelandic, would that make it better or worse? In truth any owner is an equally unknown quantity at this stage. 

Fr Ted - the japanese a great bunch of lads

• Like 4

Just now, Richard said:

which bit are you struggling with?  I'll try and help you,  not sure I will be able to help you ,  but I'll try and clarify for you.

That Hollis might be "emotional appointment to the board" 

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Seem to recall West Ham tried Icelandic once. Definitely not recommended.

• Like 2