Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The amount of money we're gonna need to build a squad capable of competing is largely dependent on who we give it to. We need people on board who know the transfer business, understand player contracts and who can identify real talent. We've seen the opposite of this with Villa recently. With the wrong people in place making poor decisions, we could spend £60m and still have an ineffective squad. We can't afford to waste money on players that don't contribute or fit into the team. 

But with the right people in, doing shrewd business, we might not need that much. 

100% this. 

You just can't quantify what need in purely monetary terms. In theory we could build a squad capable of winning the championship and then the Prem for less than £50m. 

If it's a money is no object job and we can just keep spending until someone gets it right, that's one thing (although with all the FFP crap still in place, you can't even really do that), but if owners are coming in (like Lerner did) to provide initial investment, but look for a growth in revenue in the longer term - decisions are crucial.

Money wasn't the issue with Lerner, we could quite easily have been a very successful club right now with the money he invested. He was just incompetent, bat shit crazy and made bad decisions. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

Di Matteo? Jesus, when I said Pearson would be a disaster, I never factored in the possibility we might end up with this plonker instead.

So Mr Pearson, do you remember all those nasty things I said about you on Villa Talk? Turns out, I didn't mean any of them and I'd love you to become our new manager (or just have RDM killed/kidnapped for us). 

This is exactly where i am. I have said previously that i couldn't think of a manager I'd want less than Pearson, since then we have been linked with some right plums and Pearson doesn't sound to bad. 

I'm still hoping for Moyes. 

Always wanted Moyes but I actually like RDM, always felt he was treated harshly by Chelsea as he wasn't a big name. He'll do for me. There's no guarantees with any manager. As long as he's backed by Dr Tony then let's see where we go.

31 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

Its going to be Moyes. Wyness seems to be involved with Recon.

I think so to. Woo hoooo