The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

1 hour ago, bickster said:

If they called for a 2nd referendum before March 29th no matter when it was organised for, then I think we can be pretty confident, an extension would be granted

What would the options be, in this referendum?

3 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

What would the options be, in this referendum?

Well sack it off completely would have to be one of the options otherwise the EU aren't going to agree to the extension on those grounds are they.

As the withdrawal deal is dead, that only leaves 2 options I'd have thought

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well sack it off completely would have to be one of the options otherwise the EU aren't going to agree to the extension on those grounds are they.

As the withdrawal deal is dead, that only leaves 2 options I'd have thought

Obviously Remain is one option, but what is the other?

If you're hinting at No Deal being the alternative, I don't see it; it will be decisively rejected tomorrow in the same way that May's WA has. 

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Obviously Remain is one option, but what is the other?

If you're hinting at No Deal being the alternative, I don't see it; it will be decisively rejected tomorrow in the same way that May's WA has. 

Yes I agree with the logic but if you follow that to its obvious conclusion, then a second referendum is pointless because parliament will do the job in the first place... except they won't, we all know they won't.

I sincerely hope parliament comes to it's senses and bins the whole thing anyway, I was just saying that the EU would offer an extension for such a situation

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I guarantee a second referendum will still be majority leave. Let's just get out!!

What are the terms of your guarantee?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Let's just get out!!

Then what? What's your plan to replace absolutely everything we currently have agreed whilst being a member of the EU? Your plan for EU citizens in the UK? UK citizens in the EU? Northern Ireland?

Good ol' little Alan Cairns, he'll be her last supporter in the bunker as she takes the suicide throat lozenge.

He represents a remain constituency.

Edited by chrisp65

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I guarantee a second referendum will still be majority leave. Let's just get out!!

i think the same

i think the numbers / apathy will make it interesting but i also think the new wave of lets just get it finished and move on and the democracy!!!! voters will push it towards a higher % than the 1st vote

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think the same

i think the numbers / apathy will make it interesting but i also think the new wave of lets just get it finished and move on and the democracy!!!! voters will push it towards a higher % than the 1st vote

I think you're right.

It's why it has the potential to be an even bigger nightmare than the first one.

As you've suggested, there is too much of this 'let's just get it done' stuff. No thought for what it entails, what it requires and what it may mean. It's what got us here in the first place. More of the same isn't going to help.

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

This is complete common sense. Get out to where out of interest. I am sure you have carefully and thoughtfully worked this out and not just one of those bonkers white men that shout into caves leave means leave. Show working. 

Radio 5 this morning was just unbelievably depressing. Basically every text into the show was demanding a No Deal scenario. The one audio clip they played over and over again was a bloke with a northern accent saying 'we should stick two fingers up to the EU. We've got rabbits in the fields and we can grow potatoes in our gardens' which seems to be less nostalgia for the Second World War and more like nostalgia for a time before the Industrial Revolution. 

Feeling very depressed today. 

• Like 4

A few EU linked commentators are raising the point this morning that it's far from certain that the EU is going to grant an extension to A50, especially without much clarity as to what the extension would achieve. The EU's had enough of Brexit as well.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

... The one audio clip they played over and over again...

Our broken and tax swerving media isn't to be trusted.

Brexit that isn't out to avoid tax or exploit is going to be angry when the Emerald City doesn't materialise anyway.

I need to see Brexit knowingly cut their own throats in a second referendum before giving up on them.

55 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Radio 5 this morning was just unbelievably depressing. Basically every text into the show was demanding a No Deal scenario. The one audio clip they played over and over again was a bloke with a northern accent saying 'we should stick two fingers up to the EU. We've got rabbits in the fields and we can grow potatoes in our gardens' which seems to be less nostalgia for the Second World War and more like nostalgia for a time before the Industrial Revolution. 

Feeling very depressed today. 

You should ignore any political output the BBC put out, it's as unbiased as Russia Today

Â