The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

You'll be pleased to know Brexit's getting shitter by the day and our leaders have been off moving their dosh out of harms way.

Unfortunately the c***s Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Mr sell out your country for Siberian goldmines Banks still live.

That's you up to speed, Awol.

Hope the dissertation went well? :)

1 minute ago, Xann said:

You'll be pleased to know Brexit's getting shitter by the day and our leaders have been off moving their dosh out of harms way.

Unfortunately the c***s Farage, Johnson, Rees-Mogg and Mr sell out your country for Siberian goldmines Banks still live.

That's you up to speed, Awol.

Hope the dissertation went well? :)

Thanks for the update. As discussed on here before the vote I felt one of the upsides of leaving would be the creative destruction wrought on our dominant political parties. Labour have ticked that box (spectacularly) and the Tories will follow in 5, 4, 3, 2....  

Yes it was all good, thank you.

18 minutes ago, Awol said:

I felt one of the upsides of leaving would be the creative destruction wrought on our dominant political parties. Labour have ticked that box (spectacularly) and the Tories will follow in 5, 4, 3, 2....  

:D Are you the anarchist I was talking to at Brunswick festival on Saturday? It's almost word for word. He was quite gleeful. He had two degrees.

You know what? I don't see either of you getting what you want out of this? Unless you want to harm the country, of course?

19 minutes ago, Xann said:

:D Are you the anarchist I was talking to at Brunswick festival on Saturday? It's almost word for word. He was quite gleeful. He had two degrees.

You know what? I don't see either of you getting what you want out of this? Unless you want to harm the country, of course?

I could fairly be accused of many things, but wanting to harm the UK is the least of them. I think Brexit is a difficult but important corrective for the country while fully understanding that many people disagree. But I hope it's an honest disagreement without an assumption of bad faith - on either side.  

• Like 1

First batch of notices on what the Government think will happen if there is no withdrawal agreement due at 11am.

Leaks suggest that the gist is going to be along the lines of "pretend we're still an EU member and pray as hard as we can that the other 27 countries choose to do the same".

Edited by ml1dch
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

First batch of notices on what the Government think will happen if there is no withdrawal agreement due at 11am.

Leaks suggest that the gist is going to be along the lines of "pretend we're still an EU member and pray as hard as we can that the other 27 countries choose to do the same".

The below in the voice of Baldrick ? if you please.

"I have a cunning plan Mr B. Why don't we all pretend we're still an EU member and pray as hard as we can that the other 27 countries choose to do the same".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

The only reasons anyone could be behind brexit at this point are ideological at any cost or stands to make a profit. 

It objectively is a disaster right now. 

There's the problem

So far I've seen headlines of £166m Brexit Tax for Credit Card users and Air BnB (and other online companies) facing a Price Hike Post Brexit

I'm presuming that's Uber ballsed up too being as you pay them in the Netherlands

12 hours ago, Awol said:

I could fairly be accused of many things, but wanting to harm the UK is the least of them. I think Brexit is a difficult but important corrective for the country while fully understanding that many people disagree. But I hope it's an honest disagreement without an assumption of bad faith - on either side.  

You may have explained this in the past, but it's a bloody long thread.

What exactly do you think this is going to correct, and what cost do you think is worth paying for said corrections?

• Like 1

"Leaving the EU means we get to cut down on all that needless EU bureaucracy!"

(Although as per our technical notices, you might want to hire a customs broker, a freight forwarder or a logistics provider to deal with all the extra bureaucracy that this is going to cause)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Ha, that was painful. 

It's a daft question.  If he had said something like "Under what circumstances might Britain be better off outside the EU?" it would have made more sense, but posing something like that as a yes-no is really not a serious attempt to explore the issue.  It invites viewing being either in or out as an article of faith, good or bad in itself regardless of conditions and circumstances.  Some people do see it that way, but trying to reduce the issue to that really does no-one any favours.

Â