The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

The replies are exactly as you expect them to be

Anyone else surprised they titled the job as Director of Brexit Opportunities? It’s asking for trouble. They could have named it many other things which didn’t make them look so stupid… ah, I think I just answered my own query.

Is is a job that should have no need to exist. 

Anyone connected to the leave campaign should have every opportunity mapped out and a costed plan to implement it. Otherwise how could you possibly have decided that out was a good idea? 

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Is is a job that should have no need to exist. 

Anyone connected to the leave campaign should have every opportunity mapped out and a costed plan to implement it. Otherwise how could you possibly have decided that out was a good idea? 

It was all ready to go, you can see why people went for it, there’s no down side in their eyes.

• Like 1

He didn't just vote to leave the union. He's our chief negotiator. Knowing the outcome of the deal and negotiating a deal that benefitted the UK was literally his responsibility.

In simpler times, this cabinet would end up in the Tower of London.

• Like 3

Five years since the vote, eighteen months since we legally left, six months since we left the EU acquis and yet...

Obviously they've brought about uncountable types of shit on the country with their idiocy, but surely one of the worst is that we're going to spend the next twenty years with both sides whining about it. 

I get that continuity remain are never going to let it lie until we're back in, but what are those 71% of leavers expecting to happen to make it "more complete"?

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

but what are those 71% of leavers expecting to happen to make it "more complete"?

A royal yacht, approximately a furlong long and 96 feet 3 and three fifths of an inch high, flying lots of flags and moored off the coast of Brussels booming “Jerusalem’ at them until they admit in writing, in english, they were wrong.

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

but what are those 71% of leavers expecting to happen to make it "more complete"?

They think that the EU are going to cave in and apologise for being bully’s. They’ll beg us to rejoin on favourable terms because of how sorry they are and the other 27 nations will breathe a big sigh of relief that we’re back.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57595913

Who'd have thought you couldn't rely on the benevolence of the free market.

I just had a text from O2 

From 2 August we are updating your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement to the latest version. 

You can see the full terms and conditions here http://v.o2.co.uk/D7l8v850

From 2 August, we're also increasing some prices that fall outside your monthly allowance.

Find out more: http://v.o2.co.uk/G7U5F841

Can’t be related to Brexit, there weren’t any downside to that? Weird.

Edited by Genie

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57595913

Who'd have thought you couldn't rely on the benevolence of the free market.

£28 on a two week holiday in Benidorm is a divi-dent worth paying for our freedom. I don't mind paying £2 a day to post pictures of myself with a British looking Pint on the Costa del Twunt in my Union Jack shorts. WELL WURF IT!

• Haha 2

Just now, Genie said:

I just had a text from O2 telling me that charges outside of my plan are going up. 

It's not that bad though is it? Just a few quid.

Always the same answer. It's not that bad. I'm waiting for one good thing, just one, that outweighs things gradually becoming worse or more expensive.

Not so much sunlit uplands as foggy, rainy uplands, but they're not that much worse than the old uplands, so what's all the fuss about.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bickster said:

£28 on a two week holiday in Benidorm is a divi-dent worth paying for our freedom. I don't mind paying £2 a day to post pictures of myself with a British looking Pint on the Costa del Twunt in my Union Jack shorts. WELL WURF IT!

There were 10 german bombers in the air...

• Like 1

Some more of that special status we enjoy now

Wales fans have been turned away from Amsterdam ahead of Saturday's Euro 2020 tie against Denmark.

The Netherlands currently bars non-essential visitors from the UK.

But Wales supporters said they had been treated unfairly after travelling to Amsterdam from Azerbaijan.

Jamie Shipp, 30, of Pontypridd said: "Surely our Covid risk should be based on having spent the previous 15 days in Baku, not because we are British nationals."

Danish fans can enter the Netherlands if they stay in the country for less than 12 hours as part of an exemption to the entry rules for EU and Schengen area residents. 

The exception does not apply to Wales fans, following Brexit.

Link

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

It's not that bad though is it? Just a few quid.

Always the same answer. It's not that bad. I'm waiting for one good thing, just one, that outweighs things gradually becoming worse or more expensive.

Not so much sunlit uplands as foggy, rainy uplands, but they're not that much worse than the old uplands, so what's all the fuss about.

Yep,

Day after day, week after week all we are hearing is this will get a little more expansive and that will cost a little more.  When you get 200-300 little things all costing a bit more you've suddenly got a whole big chunk of extra cost in your life.

Still, we should see some cheap kangaroo meat flooding the market soon.

At least with the roaming charges you can hopefully use wifi and use internet calling to get away from some of it.

Â