The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Just now, tonyh29 said:

yeah righto , what's the plan a well orchestrated twitter campaign or a strongly worded Facebook post ?

I suppose there is a slight irony though that you're fed up being labelled a sore loser whilst everyone that voted in is being told they are a xenophobic imbecile ....

That just isn't true. There are definite elements of xenophobia within the campaign but nobody has labelled ALL leave voters as xenophobes.

And the first sentence, well. Expected better from you than deliberately trying to antagonise to be honest.

• Like 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

That just isn't true. There are definite elements of xenophobia within the campaign but nobody has labelled ALL leave voters as xenophobes.

And the first sentence, well. Expected better from you than deliberately trying to antagonise to be honest.

so how exactly are you going to fight for your future ?  

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm actually moving from my 90k ex council house with 50k profit into a 175k traditional semi detached out which I'm pretty proud of.  In spite of your generation of selfish me, me, me's!

:P 

Ex council in lapal?...u mean howley grange surely?

I lived in lapal for 25 years, I've met your sort before  :P

Just now, RimmyJimmer said:

Ex council in lapal?...u mean howley grange surely?

I lived in lapal for 25 years, I've met your sort before  :P

Lapal is the parent's problem, my first house was in Timbertree Estate in Cradley Heath, it's almost as bad as it sounds. :lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Anyone else get the feeling this was all part of a bigger plan?

My view is that the main function of the mechanisms of democracy is that they create some kind of workable stability by releasing internal political tensions and pressures.

Based on this I concluded, that confident of winning, Cameron thought that a win for the Remain would decisively bring to an end the building tensions about the EU, both in his own party and country as a whole.

He was obviously aware that most Tory voters would vote to leave but was banking on the Labour Party rallying its core voters to the Remain side and he would get the result he wanted.

The subsequent events and emerging establishment narrative seem to confirm this because they are ignoring the 58% of Tory voters who voted to remain and have decided that it was Labour's failure to influence the 37% of their Labour voters who voted Leave, which was the problem, which explains the coup against Corbyn who has become the scapegoat.

It was a brave attempt by Cameron but he just misjudged the nature of the disaffection in the Labour Party and allowed his puerile colleagues to screw up the campaign.

• Like 1

It seems Nigel Farage is off to burn all your bridges with the EU establishment this morning. 

I wonder if he realises the UK still needs to negotiate with the same people he is currently gloating over and insulting. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It seems Nigel Farage is off to burn all your bridges with the EU establishment this morning. 

I wonder if he realises the UK still needs to negotiate with the same people he is currently gloating over and insulting. 

He is honestly the biggest dickhead in the world. I have a pretty low opinion of politicians in general, but what a **** moron. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He is honestly the biggest dickhead in the world. I have a pretty low opinion of politicians in general, but what a **** moron. 

finally we agree on something :)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Lapal is the parent's problem, my first house was in Timbertree Estate in Cradley Heath, it's almost as bad as it sounds. :lol:

I would usually defend my immediate area, but Timbertree Estate... No thanks.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Clicky

Cant say I agree with Hunt often but I think this is a good idea

Ignoring the will of 17 million people not a good idea.

We are leaving the EU it's been decided, any further action taken to remain such as another referendum will be seen as a complete and utter piss take of democracy.

As for Jeremy Hunt don't even get me started on him someone who was an abject failure at his previous role just ask any junior doctor what they think of his negotiating skills and their thoughts on him.

The next PM has to be a pro brexiteer imo

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Ignoring the will of 17 million people not a good idea.

We are leaving the EU it's been decided, any further action taken to remain such as another referendum will be seen as a complete and utter piss take of democracy.

As for Jeremy Hunt don't even get me started on him someone who was an abject failure at his previous role just ask any junior doctor what they think of his negotiating skills and their thoughts on him.

The next PM has to be a pro brexiteer imo

No it hasn't.

The referendum wasn't binding.  It was essentially an opinion poll.

(I'm a remain-er, but the point would have stood had it had been a different result).

I cannot see a way we don't leave the EU. The question couldn't have been simpler, the answer was clear.

48% of the electorate might not like it, well suck it up as best you can. 

The detail of who we get to do the deal and when, that's where the conversation needs to be, not some fantasy project to undo a democratic vote. We get lied to at every election. We didn't re run the election of the coalition government because it turned out Clegg was a liar happier in power than true to his word. 

Scary how quickly some people are happy to try and alter who can vote or whether other people's votes really count if they don't agree. A dangerous weird view of democracy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

I cannot see a way we don't leave the EU. The question couldn't have been simpler, the answer was clear.

48% of the electorate might not like it, well suck it up as best you can. 

It is nowhere near as simple as that though. Especially considering that it looks as if the main players of Leave don't want to leave anyway.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Anyone else get the feeling this was all part of a bigger plan?

Plan! Ha, ha, yes, very good.

Plan...Oi, listen to this one - this bloke here thinks the politicians had a plan, no seriously. No I know he's only kidding, but it's a good one, right?

• Like 1

Â