Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

11 hours ago, briny_ear said:

The current squad are obviously rubbish.

Nobody is really debating that nor are they royally **** off about it. 

It's the attitude that people are disgusted with and imo, when you are on mega money, you are the cause of your own attitude.

Regardless of our owner, they get everything and more than they require to perform.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MuleAthon said:

How about "Has anyone seen Randy?" for a banner. Or channel some of our Scottish roots... "You can take our jobs, but you can never take our history!"

Randy%20Lerner_zps6kvzgkbm.jpg

and

wally_zps803a79fm.jpg

Surely someone can use their MSpaint skills to mash up the two?

• Like 2

On 4/12/2016 at 16:32, One For The Road said:

How about the players play in front of empty claret and blue seats. The easiest, cheapest and most effective protest imho.

Also these could be our last couple of games in the Premier League for a long time. People won't stay away.

• Like 1

Thousands have already boycotted going in fairness as their way of protesting and that is fair enough. These protests have always been about giving those that still go a means to get their message across be it the 20k+ season ticket holders or those that simply don’t want to stop going of which there is many more than I thought there would be as attendances have held up really well given the dross served up on the pitch.

We have two home games left now. Two games to get a message across to the owner and board that things have to change. I am sure no supporter wants to be starting next season by protesting and I certainly wouldn't be involved in any movement/group asking them to. Next season has to be a fresh start and the start of the fight back. By protesting now, at a time with nothing to play for on the pitch, there is an opportunity to try to bring about a more positive future.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

Thousands have already boycotted going in fairness as their way of protesting and that is fair enough. These protests have always been about giving those that still go a means to get their message across be it the 20k+ season ticket holders or those that simply don’t want to stop going of which there is many more than I thought there would be as attendances have held up really well given the dross served up on the pitch.

We have two home games left now. Two games to get a message across to the owner and board that things have to change. I am sure no supporter wants to be starting next season by protesting and I certainly wouldn't be involved in any movement/group asking them to. Next season has to be a fresh start and the start of the fight back. By protesting now, at a time with nothing to play for on the pitch, there is an opportunity to try to bring about a more positive future.

I still think "Whistle on 74" would have a massive impact, possibly with the addition of fans holding up oversized red cards with just LERNER OUT (in white) on them.

Potentially the referee would have to stop the match with several thousand fans blowing whistles it would cause pandemonium.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

I still think "Whistle on 74" would have a massive impact, possibly with the addition of fans holding up oversized red cards with just LERNER OUT (in white) on them.

Potentially the referee would have to stop the match with several thousand fans blowing whistles it would cause pandemonium.

And you don't need a whistle to whistle, although they'd be better. Unless you're me anyway, can't do it even with the two fingers in the mouth, or finger and thumb combo. (pause)

Press Releases

Friday 15th April 2016

Banners out on 74 vs Southampton

We are calling for a return to Banners Out on 74 vs Southampton (Saturday 23rd of April).

We have asked a question of the club – Proud History, What Future? A question that frustratingly remains unanswered.

As per the Chelsea game, in addition to calling on all Aston Villa Football Club supporters to bring their own banners displaying their personal message for the owner, the board and the players we will be providing A3 banners for supporters to hold up on the 74th minute. We would like once again to leave Randy Lerner in no doubt that we demand positive action. That we will not rest until this is assured.

We will be polling users on Twitter, Facebook and on various Aston Villa forums as to what they would like this message to be. We will post a link to the poll later today and close it on Sunday 17th April evening.

We hope that you will stand firm and roar with us once more in working towards a Brighter Future for Aston Villa Football Club.

Aston Villa Protest group.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AVPG

Twitter: @OTDO74

Please RT

http://astonvillaprotestgroup.co.uk/press-releases

Â