Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

1 hour ago, Gary Thomas said:

Sure, but these protests create a shop window via the media and 'demonstrating' we are have incredible support (despite everything we've endured) would not dampen words on the protest banners, in fact, it would amplify them IMO.  Positive protest can be just as effective at getting the job done . Something vocal from 74 minutes, for example, would be great - the Lerner out song, Villa till we die, the bells are ringing, or a new protest chant with a specific message.  It will create an amazing atmosphere AND it will get the message across. It might also help counteract this 'toxic atmosphere' label we're getting tagged with in the media, which could help when it comes to attracting new players, managers and a potential buyer. Look, I am 100% on-board with whatever you come up with, just offering my view.

I don't disagree with you Gary and it has happened naturally. On 74 minutes vs Chelsea, Lerner Out and VTID. It happened the weekend too and it was definitely picked up by the media. 

Maybe we could do more to encourage that, I dunno. But I don't think that fans like being told how to support by a group such as this one. How to protest yes, but suggesting songs etc is probably outside of any remit we have been given. 

We are, however, planning something a bit "lighter" for the Newcastle game that also conveys the message. I don't want to give too much away on that just yet!

I have just donated to your crowdfunding.  Glad to help. 

For the next set of banners why not go for a simple symbol rather than a slogan.  A campaign that is visually striking will get far more publicity.  I am sure someone can improve on this idea but how about fans holding up banners with "?" to signify the lack of comment from the owner and club on the future.  That could look amazing. Or large cardboard arrows which fans in the Holte point towards the opposition goal on 74. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

I have just donated to your crowdfunding.  Glad to help. 

For the next set of banners why not go for a simple symbol rather than a slogan.  A campaign that is visually striking will get far more publicity.  I am sure someone can improve on this idea but how about fans holding up banners with "?" to signify the lack of comment from the owner and club on the future.  That could look amazing. Or large cardboard arrows which fans in the Holte point towards the opposition goal on 74. 

I like the idea of question marks. As in we've asked the question, where is the answer? Simple. Effective. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

8 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I like the idea of question marks. As in we've asked the question, where is the answer? Simple. Effective. 

Claret and blue might seem the obvious colour choice.  But yellow and black is the most striking colour combination which is why hazard signs tend to be that colour. 

You could also include small text asking the fans to deposit the signs for re-use at various locations outside the ground.  You may only get a few back but any that you do will just add to the effect of future protests.  

?

1 hour ago, YGabbana said:

I think the players deserve the brunt of the future protests imo. Chanting and banners letting them know they're a disgrace and not fit to represent our great club.

The current squad are obviously rubbish but IMO this is the end result of 5 years of poor running of the club by Lerner. They are the symptom of our problems, not the cause.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

The current squad are obviously rubbish but IMO this is the end result of 5 years of poor running of the club by Lerner. They are the symptom of our problems, not the cause.

Indeed. The protests need to be aiming squarely at Lerner and the top echelons of the club.

The symbol idea is great, if you can distil things down that far and it still make sense who it's targeting and what it's about. Perhaps best to continue with a written message, but make it consistent and incorporate the symbol, then after a couple of weeks dropping the text then perhaps would mean the symbol carries the message of previous weeks with it. 

• Like 1

Personally whats gone, gone (our premier league status !!)

We need to put pressure on the new board to get the next appointment right 

New Board ? New Hope ? - Don't let us down !

Others.....

Randy Lerner why have your foresaken us ?

From Embarrassing Tweets to poor balance sheets ! 

I have been working on this one for a few hours, and I think I have nailed it. Maybe not as catchy as the others, but it rolls off the tongue in it's own way.

"**** you Gabby"

"**** you Lescott."

"**** you Micah."

"**** you Grealish."

"**** you Bacuna."

"**** you Sinclair."

"**** you Richardson."

"**** you Sanchez."

"**** you Gestede."

"Ayew, son, you're alright by me lad."

Apologies if already mentioned but was watching the Marseille-Bordeaux game last night. Marseille are very similar to us atm, won't go down as French league cut relegation to two places but only won 2 home games all season (last win was in September) and they also recruited poorly after selling all their best attacking players.

Anyway toxic atmosphere at Velodrome currently, got a bit out of hand at the end but the fans were actually playing Benny Hill music out of one of their loud speakers to mock the teams form.

They also mocked some of their players as goats as you can see here.

Just some ideas lads. ;)

A really honest banner would be Caveat Emptor. But of course, that would be counter-productive. At the moment, Disiecta Membra might be quite appropriate.

And my tongue-in-cheek mangled signature 'Per Aspera Ad Undas' would also work disappointingly well at this stage.

(@Mandy Lifeboats: I'd love to see a mix of single '?' banners, alongside a collection of '!' and any other character ever used in cartoon-style swearing). Banner-style effing and blinding.

Â