Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Mark you did a fantastic job - this is NOT about me it is about AVFC and #OutTheDooron74. You should be congratulated for having the balls to do it. You stood up when it counted. Personally I am chuffed for the campaign. Who would have thought we could be on SKY sports after starting just THREE DAYS ago?

• Like 3

One small thing you can do is to follow @OTDO74 and RT whatever is posted by that handle. You don't even have to write the tweets yourselves then!

Other than that I echo Mikes words. Just send one of us a PM or declare your interest in here and we will plumb you in somehow. We have a foot in the door, but it's only a foot. Let's kick the **** wide open! Unleash hell on the bastards. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

One small thing you can do is to follow @OTDO74 and RT whatever is posted by that handle. You don't even have to write the tweets yourselves then!

Other than that I echo Mikes words. Just send one of us a PM or declare your interest in here and we will plumb you in somehow. We have a foot in the door, but it's only a foot. Let's kick the **** wide open! Unleash hell on the bastards. 

Also guys, don't forget to just tweet (or retweet) to the people on this list, on the right day...

RpaWXj1.png

The sheet can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PVX3x0xmVOodPefPiNGrXZ5kV339F-8iqNmR6DEadcA/edit#gid=30289747

Long time member and lurker here.

Really impressed with the work you guys are doing. I am on Twitter, although rarely tweet myself, but I am now following @OTD074 and retweeting what I can.

Keep up the great work!

• Like 2

I probably be at work when the game is on but I would have turned off the stream in support of the guys who are doing a top job on this

maybe I will actually just walk out of work at that time in the game ;)

• Like 1

Protests > apathy.

Definitely

But one of the worst things about the apathy is half of these "how about we try cheering them for 90 minutes instead" fans don't realise the reality of how deep the apathy is

We must get an atmosphere, positive or negative, at VP about 4 times a season if we're lucky, even baggies at home was like a library and that afters the buzz of last year's 2 games in a week, it's absolutely killing the club

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

based on the number of us that walked out long before the 74th minute vs liverpool, it wont be an issue

Ahh but that was adhoc, this if it happens could result in 1,000's trying to get out at the same time without the normal way at the end of the game....at least they might get to watch the finish on the screens.

I applaud those who are willing to at least give it a go, if it does get a lot of support (my guess is it will depend on the score and quality of game..2-2 at the time might keep fans seated) the the least it will do is get the media asking questions.

(Sorry about the above, couldn't get rid without posting it.)

Mike far be it from me to advise you but I will.....

Don't bother answering/explaining to people making criticisms like those above. You won't alter their views and they are a tiny, tiny, minority. I mean, how many fans bother with online stuff in the first place let alone going to the trouble of posting that they are bored with the idea ! Just not worth it.

Keep up the good work and keep your energies there !

I don't know why anyone is moaning about walking out on 74 and wasting 16 minutes of the game. They were quite prepared to waste a whole 90 minutes of the recent Liverpool game and have wasted thousands of minutes watching the dross served up at VP over the last 5 or so seasons.

Some people are just not worth bothering about.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacbuddies said:

I don't know why anyone is moaning about walking out on 74 and wasting 16 minutes of the game. They were quite prepared to waste a whole 90 minutes of the recent Liverpool game and have wasted thousands of minutes watching the dross served up at VP over the last 5 or so seasons.

Some people are just not worth bothering about.

Yup, a few of them are in this FB thread...

https://www.facebook.com/villafans/?fref=nf

Â