Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

What can ya say?

I've run out of expletives, and unlike a lot of people last weeks blip did NOT change my opinion that we are shit and 100% relegated.

Every last man of em are shit, and today they should be embarrassed to accept their pay. This has been coming since Lerner appointed McLeish, then compounded it with three years of brain explodingly shite football from Lambert.

It will be a relief not to have to bend over and be arse raped by this lot, Man Ure and Arsenhole next season.

Not sure MK Dons make it feel any better.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's nothing I can tell you about the game that you don't know from the scoreline.

Instead I'll focus on the last five minutes, the noise that came from the Holte End and around the ground, "We're the Villa boys making all the noise everywhere we go" non-stop from the 85th minute to the final whistle and for a few minutes beyond. The team may be shit, and they are, the owner may be shit, and he is, the backroom staff, the structure of the club may be shit, and it is - but we're not, we never have been and we never will be.

When there's nothing left to be proud of you have to be proud of yourselves, you have to show what you're about - we did, not because the team needed us, or because the club needed us or because anyone deserved it, but because it's who we are. Six nil down, bottom of the league and in an appalling slump with no future and no bright spot on the horizon, the fans showed that the pride in the club I've dreamed about since I was a little boy is still there, even if the object of that pride isn't. It was defiance, it was love and it was genuinely moving.

I'm ashamed of this football team, I'm ashamed of what this football club has become, but I'm proud to be an Aston Villa fan and I always will be. I'm proud of that noise and of the men that made it - we are this club and we will still be here when they next deserve us.

Reading that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

1 hour ago, supernova26 said:

Sorry but the fans didn't show much fight either. They were apathetic from the start which transmitted itself onto the pitch. Suppose can't blame them but singing 5 minutes from the end ironically is hardly something the be proud of. Singing from the start might be a better option next time.

I take it you were at the game and singing from the start then? Freezing your nuts off like the rest off us? Cos if you weren't,  then having a pop at the fans after that shambles is nothing short of disgraceful.

• Like 4

I wasn't there today but I take my hat off to those that did go. The only good thing left of the club is its fans. Without them, it's nothing. Sadly with the rising TV money in the game nowadays, the fans just don't matter as much to the owners. It's not like they're punished financially if 10,000 don't turn up.

Given our penchant for donating points to plop I decided to go for a run instead. Arrive back and see 0-6, started laughing and I wasn't even in the slightest way angry or surprised. Saw the goals and boy oh boy, what a shambles, reminiscent of the Southampton nonsense under Timmy. Roll on next season...

Well that was utter, utter shit, not ashamed to say I left at 3-0 & so did a lot more. It was 6 by the time I got to the Witton Arms. Worst home defeat for 81 years said it all. Not one of them looked in the slightest bit bothered by that rancid display. Like an idiot I will be there for the Everton game . Villa til I die .

Edited by Villaninireland

Can't really add to what has already been said previously. Started the game ok and for 10/15 minutes we matched them possibly but soon as the first went in, heads dropped and it was a shambles thereafter.  At least Benteke didn't score to rub salt in the wound.  Great post by OBE by the way and is how I feel tonight. The anger and bitterness towards the club has slowly eroded as the season has gone on to the point where I just want the season to end now. "Proud History, Bright Future" - well at least they got one right!  I will continue to go because I still love Aston Villa but hate what we have become at present. 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 1

Gutless, useless, hopeless, and a spineless performance. No leadership, no direction, no clue, no future.

As I trudged out of the north stand through the car park and saw the assortment of luxury cars the players will no doubt drive back home to their mansions tonight- I thought would  they feel even a fraction of what we are feeling?

Of course not. Most of them are probably thinking of the next club to move to and leech a living from the paying fans.

Disgruntled and fed up. Sod them.

As well as the useless players it must be remembered our current malaise is mostly down to Mr Lerner and his lackeys in the board room. If your are the custodian of the this football club then shame on your Randy. Shame on you.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

I think I'll resort to casually watching other teams play for the rest of this season. No point wasting time getting angry over this bunch.

I think it's all about coping strategies now and I don't begrudge any method that someone may choose.

Personally I am starting to build the mental foundations for a complete block out of the current season. My mild addiction to this website is the major flaw in the plan at the moment.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chap of Steel said:

At least my weekend is ruined a little later than usual.

Mine wasn't ruined until now! I recorded it and only just watched (until 0-3 and fast forwarded the rest). Should do this every week, ruins only last couple of hours of the weekend.

Just seen the goals on SSN, I was walking out when they got the 4th, desperately poor performance, the goals are shambolic, all of them are so easy, ball watching, pissing about on the ball, complete lack of desire

The only analysis is csrraghers rant, I really hope someone who knows what they're talking about highlighted how lazy these players are rather than just pointing the finger at remi and claiming we have no ability, Sturbridge goal, bacuna having a jog whilst coutinho has all the time in the world to cross the ball...that's nothing to do with quality

Â