Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Liverpool

limpid

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's nothing I can tell you about the game that you don't know from the scoreline.

Instead I'll focus on the last five minutes, the noise that came from the Holte End and around the ground, "We're the Villa boys making all the noise everywhere we go" non-stop from the 85th minute to the final whistle and for a few minutes beyond. The team may be shit, and they are, the owner may be shit, and he is, the backroom staff, the structure of the club may be shit, and it is - but we're not, we never have been and we never will be.

When there's nothing left to be proud of you have to be proud of yourselves, you have to show what you're about - we did, not because the team needed us, or because the club needed us or because anyone deserved it, but because it's who we are. Six nil down, bottom of the league and in an appalling slump with no future and no bright spot on the horizon, the fans showed that the pride in the club I've dreamed about since I was a little boy is still there, even if the object of that pride isn't. It was defiance, it was love and it was genuinely moving.

I'm ashamed of this football team, I'm ashamed of what this football club has become, but I'm proud to be an Aston Villa fan and I always will be. I'm proud of that noise and of the men that made it - we are this club and we will still be here when they next deserve us.

it's just a shame I couldn't press the like button a hundred times.....so apt.

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Jamie carragher made a damning report of the villa performance....I felt his honesty needed saying.

He's just a gobshite scouser trying to make a living after football but it's hard to disagree with what he said.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

There's nothing I can tell you about the game that you don't know from the scoreline.

Instead I'll focus on the last five minutes, the noise that came from the Holte End and around the ground, "We're the Villa boys making all the noise everywhere we go" non-stop from the 85th minute to the final whistle and for a few minutes beyond. The team may be shit, and they are, the owner may be shit, and he is, the backroom staff, the structure of the club may be shit, and it is - but we're not, we never have been and we never will be.

When there's nothing left to be proud of you have to be proud of yourselves, you have to show what you're about - we did, not because the team needed us, or because the club needed us or because anyone deserved it, but because it's who we are. Six nil down, bottom of the league and in an appalling slump with no future and no bright spot on the horizon, the fans showed that the pride in the club I've dreamed about since I was a little boy is still there, even if the object of that pride isn't. It was defiance, it was love and it was genuinely moving.

I'm ashamed of this football team, I'm ashamed of what this football club has become, but I'm proud to be an Aston Villa fan and I always will be. I'm proud of that noise and of the men that made it - we are this club and we will still be here when they next deserve us.

Top post

brought tears to my eyes.

It really hurts.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SeanO said:

He's just a gobshite scouser trying to make a living after football but it's hard to disagree with what he said.

What he is is irrelevant......it's what he says that's important.

• Like 1

Can honestly say goal number 6 was the worst, most cowardly, totally couldn't-give-a-toss performance I have ever seen from a Villa defence of any era since I started watching them in the early 60s, in any match, at any ground.

I suppose that's an achievement of sorts.

• Like 2

Â