Keinan Davis

a-k

15 hours ago, MrBlack said:

Or we quoted more than they right he was worth and think they'll get better on the continent. Hell  of a gamble either way. Davis could get injured and miss months,  the European option may not settle. Can see why they'd cast the net quite wide before settling.

The guy they are linked with spent 6 years on the books at Liverpool but seemed to be on loan the entire time. Settling might not be the problem but he has only had one good season so far so just as big of a risk

On 18/06/2022 at 14:07, PussEKatt said:

I will be interested to see if he is PL quality,because,IMHO he is a Championship player.

Answered  your own question. He isn’t PL quality.

10 minutes ago, daggy_333 said:

Looks like Forest are meant to be signing Taiwo Awoniyi from Union Berlin. I wonder if that means they're not going to be signing Keinan? 

Their fans don’t think they will now given they are similar types of players and we are asking too much for Keinan

• Thanks 1

The link could be forest playing the game 

They're in for Davis, they want him, we want too much, couple of days later they're in for a direct alternative in the papers, on the quiet they come back to us to see if we will drop our price

Silly season in full swing 

56 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Their fans don’t think they will now given they are similar types of players and we are asking too much for Keinan

So Villa fans get nothing from the club about transfers but forest fans know how much we are asking 😜

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

So Villa fans get nothing from the club about transfers but forest fans know how much we are asking 😜

Their club might have leaks, we generally are only aware of Villa buying anybody before it happens from the selling club.  Villa is a fortress when it comes to leaks but the selling party or the buying party in this case, as we know, other clubs have more leaks.  We were the same before this current regime came in so it wouldn’t surprise me if their fans heard snippets from their club but we haven’t from our club. It’s probably guess work but you never know, it does however seem strange they are buying a player similar to Davis and is not Davis, it tends to point to cost.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

The link could be forest playing the game 

They're in for Davis, they want him, we want too much, couple of days later they're in for a direct alternative in the papers, on the quiet they come back to us to see if we will drop our price

Silly season in full swing 

It’s a bit more than a link tbh. Percy has said it’s a done deal. 4 year contract.

Forest seem to be making some unexpected transfer choices during this window. Instead of sticking with the keeper that did a lot to get them up (Brice Samba) they are making a move for Newton Heath's Henderson, who wouldn't come cheap and a striker from Germany who wouldn't cost much less, instead of Keinan, who had settled into their team and made an impact with them. I would have thought that Keinan's performances with them last season, would have led to them wanting to keep him, but there doesn't seem to be a glut of other clubs that would be in for him and has been said, I suspect clubs would want to loan rather than buy and what's really in that for us?

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

No harm in having a sell on clause in there.

If we want a sell on it would likely be at the expense of a smaller upfront fee so would cause harm.  

So it’s just whether we want the money now or risk for a future possible fee.  I’d rather the fee upfront with him to be honest.

14 minutes ago, John said:

Forest seem to be making some unexpected transfer choices during this window. Instead of sticking with the keeper that did a lot to get them up (Brice Samba) they are making a move for Newton Heath's Henderson, who wouldn't come cheap and a striker from Germany who wouldn't cost much less, instead of Keinan, who had settled into their team and made an impact with them. I would have thought that Keinan's performances with them last season, would have led to them wanting to keep him, but there doesn't seem to be a glut of other clubs that would be in for him and has been said, I suspect clubs would want to loan rather than buy and what's really in that for us?

Samba wanted to go back to France.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Ultimately he's had one good season in the Championship, not much else of note. £8million would be fantastic. 

Not even that, 15 games last season. You can see why anyone would baulk at anything over a few million for him given his poor record overall.

• Like 1

Â