Keinan Davis

a-k

16 hours ago, weedman said:

Has anyone actually said that? From what I've seen it's some people saying "bite their hand off for anything over £5m" and most other people agreeing that £15m would be a good deal for all, he's a good player who will likely never reach his potential at Villa as we've got better already and are likely looking to improve further

Yes.

15 million for Davis???  15 million for a striker who hasn't scored goals throughout his career until the past 6 months?  15 million is highway robbery, IMO...

2 minutes ago, KMitch said:

15 million for Davis???  15 million for a striker who hasn't scored goals throughout his career until the past 6 months?  15 million is highway robbery, IMO...

He helped Forest in a prominent way get promoted. Definitely has earned NFFC more than 15M. 

9 minutes ago, KMitch said:

Yeah, but if we can do that, think of what we could do with the money when we sell ElGhazi and Trez for 15m each and PL player Nakamba for 25m. Kalinic must be worth 15m, he just lifted the Croatian Cup. Add that to the 15m for Davis and we have 85m for a new striker. 

1 hour ago, weedman said:

I like Davis and I'm in the same boat as you, £15m would be a good price for us and Forest 

The bold is a crazy argument. Rather than think about us now and looking to get into Europe, think about us the year we first came up and needed to rebuild the squad to hopefully avoid relegation. We spent £25m on Mings with 1/2 a good season in the championship and a terrible injury record (including getting injured in the playoff final). We spent £12m on El Ghazi. We spent £15m on Trezeguet. £12m on Samatta. £25m on Wesley. If, when we came up, we had the current version of Keinan Davis on loan to us and was an integral part of the team as well as a fans favourite, would you spend £12-15m on him THEN? Because that's where Forest are, I think they'd be crazy not to 

All signings are gambles, but signings that are already important parts of your squad are less so. Forest have lots of loans and are in a not too dissimilar place to us when we came up, their first priority should be converting as many of those loans into permanent signings to keep some semblance of squad continuity to go with their shiny new PL signings. People on here have suggested selling him for £1m. It's laughable

You have slightly misunderstood my point which was that right now, if he played for Forest, I don’t think I would try to pay £7.5m for him *for Villa*. I definitely think Forest should try to sign him though.

43 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

You have slightly misunderstood my point which was that right now, if he played for Forest, I don’t think I would try to pay £7.5m for him *for Villa*. I definitely think Forest should try to sign him though.

Yeah but it's apples and oranges isn't it? The reason we're all generally happy to sell him is because we don't need him. Therefore obviously we wouldn't be interested in buying him for a premium.

We bought Coutinho for £17m. If we already owned him would Barcelona have paid £17m to buy him from us? No, because they don't want or need him, so they would consider it a waste of money. Whether or not we would spend £15m on Davis is a nonsensical argument because if we would then we wouldn't be selling him.

Every player ever sold to a smaller team is worth more to the buyers than to the sellers 

Edit, to clarify as well as I wasn't clear, when I said I agreed, I agreed with the first part where you said you were in the keep him camp but would sell for £15m. I don't think we should keep him as we've outgrown him now really (and whether he develops into a top player or not, he definitely won't if he stays and doesn't play for us) but I like him but think £10-15m would be a fair sale price 

Edited by weedman

We do have to play hardball here, its commendable and a welcome change as the selling club. He has played a big part in getting them promoted, Forest have a lot of cash coming their way very shortly and I expect the fans will all be putting pressure on the club via social media and other channels demanding the signing.

I am sure it will happen, probably in the range of 10-15 mil i would expect. There is value in consistency and certainty, clearly they are happy with the performances and his style in their first team and shunning signing him in favour of someone else is a gamble for them, they can't afford to experiment too much at the top end of the pitch in their first year as goals win games and their front 3 has a good chemistry.

I am sure from a business point of view Forest will be aware that its better to pony up the cash and have someone who knows the team, city, club rather than gamble. 10-15 mil is still small change in this league and they are getting a decent asset who has performed for them and with a lot of potential to improve. It will happen imo

53 minutes ago, Zatman said:

6 million plus a 20% sell on fee is best we will get

People comparing it to Mings, difference was that people knew we had money to throw around. Forest dont

Yeah it's not like they've just guaranteed themselves £170m or anything 

1 minute ago, weedman said:

Yeah it's not like they've just guaranteed themselves £170m or anything 

But they need to buy about 7 first team players. Throwing 15 million at a non goalscoring striker doesnt seem sensible

• Like 2

Can’t believe there are some that want to keep him, he’s bloody awful in the prem, which forest will soon realise if they buy him, I’d have been happy with 500k to get rid of him before this loan now get as much as we can for him 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, TRO said:

We are aiming at a level,maybe some have not cottoned on to, just yet.

Would any of the top 8 be interested in Keinan?

If he is doing a mitrovic next season and staying fit.......maybe then, there is a case for getting it wrong.

Doing a Mitrovic? Failing in the PL or ripping up The Championship? ;)

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Tis when you look at it as simplistically as that, otherwise it's not.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

People comparing it to Mings, difference was that people knew we had money to throw around. Forest dont

They signed Lewis Grabban, at 30 years old, for 6 mill, in 2018, as a Championship club to be fair.

Personally, I don't think it's outlandish at all to want 10 mill plus for Keinan in 2022.

Defo agree with a sell on though.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

No chance. Whether you want to believe it or not, Keinan is fairly sought after. We'll get at least 10m.

Â