Keinan Davis

a-k

Keinan didn't offer much of a goal threat against Blackpool, but his hold-up and link play was excellent.

His running off the ball, in and around the penalty area, created space for the forwards.

Blackpool were terrified of his pace and man-marked him.

He looked disappointed when he made way for Grabban but he'd had a useful game.

• Like 1

Forest at the moment is a good place to send young players on loan, Cooper did well with Guéhi, Brewster and Gallagher's development at Swansea, and now Davis, Garner and Spence all doing well with him at Forest.

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

My man's going to fire them to autos.

Forest are playing really well, but i dont see them in the auto's, too much ground to make up.

8 points behind second, both Bournemouth & Forest have played 38 games, 8 games left, i dont see an 8/9 point swing in 8 games, unfortunately.

They could feasibly be on for third though, although tbh....whats the real difference between 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th in the end.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

Forest are playing really well, but i dont see them in the auto's, too much ground to make up.

8 points behind second, both Bournemouth & Forest have played 38 games, 8 games left, i dont see an 8/9 point swing in 8 games, unfortunately.

Forest still to play Bournemouth and Fulham, and Bournemouth and Fulham to play each other. If things went their way in those 3 games, they’d be 2 behind Bournemouth (not counting the other games, obviously)

They might just manage it

4 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Zero doubts he'd be better than Watkins if we could start him Saturday. 

Confidence is a magical thing.

I’d rather Archer if you’re going on confidence and a better fit

Edited by nick76

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’d rather Archer 

Thing is, I've got a fear that Archer might get knocked about at PL level.

I actually reckon Archer starting WITH someone the build of Keinan is what would be perfect foil for him.

Last thing you want to do is have the lad fighting to get a sniff, he ain't the biggest 

Needs support which wil allow him to do what he does best IMO

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Thing is, I've got a fear that Archer might get knocked about at PL level.

I actually reckon Archer starting WITH someone the build of Keinan is what would be perfect foil for him.

Last thing you want to do is have the lad fighting to get a sniff, he ain't the biggest 

Needs support which wil allow him to do what he does best IMO

Just don’t think Davis is PL level.

I think the likes of Coutinho and Buendia would find the spaces Archer runs into and he can certainly finish. I think a lot of players down the years people think these kind of players will get bullied yet they still find gaps and score plus I was surprised that he’s actually 5ft 11 so no shrimp.

Edit: no way is he 5ft 11, his stats say that but I looked at him in photos with others and he can only be 5ft 8 max

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Archer isn't a lone striker, he's hardly ever played through the middle by himself, he's a completely different type of striker to Davis and Watkins, he either usually plays as a wide forward, or as he'd been doing at Preston as part of a front two with Riis who's the more traditional centre-forward out of the two. He's actually a very strong and aggressive player, battles well and isn't knocked off the ball easily, if anything his strength is one of his strong points and not a weakness, and have seen Preston fans praise him in that regard as well, if you look at him he's actually quite 'stocky', he's not tall but that's probably helps him as gives him a low centre of gravity.

• Like 2

If you watch Davis at Forest, he wants the ball, everywhere on the pitch. He’s demanding it played into his feet. As somebody else has mentioned, it’s a confidence thing.

I confess to having watched him a lot for Forest and you’d be surprised just how different he looks to his time in a Villa shirt. He’s bullying defenders and his touch is very, very good for his stature. The man is even silky at times.

The problem with Davis will always be goals, but I’m telling you right now, we’d keep the ball a lot better with Davis in the team than we currently do with Watkins. Whether or not he has a future here is up to the club, but I’d much rather have him as an option off the bench than a lot of other players and I’d argue he may even be worth a start for us given the overall form of Ings or Watkins.

The form of Davis and Archer this season has given the club a ‘nice’ problem. Especially as Watkins and Ings have collectively been average at best this year. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

They could feasibly be on for third though, although tbh....whats the real difference between 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th in the end.

It could be tight Forest in theory could win every game the way they are playing. Bournemouth will limp over the line. They, like Fulham under Parker play some absolute dross football.

Â