Keinan Davis

a-k

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I agree. Watkins for example.

However, Davis has pace, power, workrate, a good touch, can dribble a bit, and can bring people into play.

If he learns a bit more about goalscoring positions and improves his composure, his game won't have many limitations at all.

There are many many attributes required and a sharp football brain, is just one of many.

This level now requires Game IQ of a high degree.

14 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

PL defenders did not 'play him easily'. He caused havoc pretty much whenever he played. Once he finds a goalscoring touch, he'll be one hell of a player.

I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree and I’m guessing Gerrard will be agreeing with me when he’s sold in the summer just like Smith didn’t play him when Davis was fit.

6 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I agree. Watkins for example.

However, Davis has pace, power, workrate, a good touch, can dribble a bit, and can bring people into play.

If he learns a bit more about goalscoring positions and improves his composure, his game won't have many limitations at all.

He is 24. I don't think he is about to learn this.  I think he will have a decent career in the football league and I wish big Keinan well. 

• Like 2

I like Keinan, but we are farting about here.

We might as well gor for Andy Weimann, who is tearing it up in the championship.

The type of players we need now are of a high calibre and possess a plethora of attributes in their game.

We have to set our sights high, else we will be looking back over our shoulder.

However, I never close my eyes, to little gems.....but you need very sharp scouts to come up with them.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

He is 24. I don't think he is about to learn this.  I think he will have a decent career in the football league and I wish big Keinan well. 

Might be 24 but never had a proper run of games.

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

And don't you remember when Aaron Ramsey never used to score goals for Arsenal...all of a sudden once he found his touch he was scoring like 1 in 2. A lot of it is a mental issue which can be overcome.

Wasn't Ian Wright a late bloomer also?

4 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

And don't you remember when Aaron Ramsey never used to score goals for Arsenal...all of a sudden once he found his touch he was scoring like 1 in 2. A lot of it is a mental issue which can be overcome.

Wasn't Ian Wright a late bloomer also?

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Top debating 👌

There was nothing to debate, you were just clutching at straws.

I don’t know how Aaron Ramsey, a midfielder, relates to this discussion and was 18 when he started playing for Arsenal and a regular by age 20.  

As for Ian Wright, you are going back 30 years to get an example is the definition of clutching at straws.  Then the background of Wright and Davis is very different as Davis has had a top club coaching for 5 years.  Wright didn’t start playing professional football until just before the age of 22.  You are just comparing chalk and cheese.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Wouldn't write off him coming back as part of the first team just yet. Think that Ings would love playing alongside him if we were to carry on playing two up top.

And somewhat related, had a dream that I went to Forest to visit him. Asked if he was enjoying his stay and looking forward to making it permanent and he just looked back at me with puppy dog eyes and like hed been tricked into going there on false pretences.

Probably a sign I'm secretly in love with him or something 

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, TRO said:

However, I never close my eyes, to little gems.....but you need very sharp scouts to come up with them.

Like the one that spotted an apprentice hairdresser at Biggleswade Town who we might sell for £8-10 million once he gets Forest promoted 😉.

Edited by Five Ken McNaughts
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

FNbK92wX0AUF4tx?format=jpg&name=large

Spot when Davis was signed

Nobody is debating wether he is a good championship  striker and a good fit at Notts Forrest, we all know what Keinan is good at,  but realistically we are not going to invest more time in a 24 year old striker regardless of history not having a run of games ect, why do you think he went on loan to begin with? Best for both parties if he moves permanently to Nottingham Forrest,   None of us here dislike Davis and ye we all hoped he would been a top player for villa, it just hasn’t paned out, Forrest suits him, it’s a case of being logical, realistic and not emotional when summing up if he makes it at Villa or not.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Thug said:

Oh I think you might be wrong there…

Probably a joke but if not there is a major difference between thinking he’s not good enough for us and disliking him.  

I’d love for him to shove my words down my mouth but too many times we hang on to players too long that aren’t good enough.  

Once in a blue moon does that come back to haunt us like a Gary Cahill but Keinan Davis won’t be one of those times.

• Like 1

Â