Keinan Davis

a-k

3 minutes ago, SeanVilla said:

Isn’t his contract up this summer? 

He signed a four years contract last season. I can see him having a future here if he’s been given a chance. Never looked out of place regardless of the opponent. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

If we could get a 5/6 million for him it would be cracking business tbh. 

I think we’ll regret it. Not many players with his strength and have quick/tricky feet. 
His only issues were injuries and not being played (and both aren’t his fault). It was bad decision from DS playing Wesley over him, or atleast not giving him 20-30mins just because of Wes. Then the criminal was playing Samatta instead of him while once he comes the whole team change. 

Keinan is Heskey reincarnate in my mind.

if he can add goals to his game he could certainly have a good career. Heskey gets an unfair amount of stick for his goal scoring prowess too but was invaluable to us in avoiding relegation and earlier in his career was an incredible team player at Liverpool.

You'd imagine even if he's never going to be first name on the team sheet that Steven Gerrard would be able to understand the value of this kind of player to a squad.

If he gets sold and racks his value up over 6-18 months on loans before next summer and is sold, so be it and it's probably the most likely option. But I also won't rule him out of having more of a Villa career than we're all anticipating

• Like 1

I can genuinely see him being an option for us next season.

There has been games this season where we've needed a target man up front, the Man U game a few weeks ago and the Chelsea game on Boxing Day we couldn't hold the ball up front, everything bouncing off Watkins.

Keinan Davis could be a different option for us.

Obviously the problem is we already have Ings and Watkins, with Archer coming through nicely.

Never get the rush to sell young players, loan them out and let them mature. Davies hasn’t come through the academy route like many others have. In footballing terms he’s development is a couple of years behind most. Rather than trying to sell him for £5/6m, let’s loan him out for a full season and see how he goes. I’ve said it before and I will say it again Michail Antonio didn’t start looking like a player until he was 26/27.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

He signed a four years contract last season. I can see him having a future here if he’s been given a chance. Never looked out of place regardless of the opponent. 

We believe him so much we gave him a 4 year deal yet on here you'd think he was a league 2 player when he left.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

If we could get a 5/6 million for him it would be cracking business tbh. 

What’s the rush to sell him, £5/6m isn’t going to change our summer spending plans. Why not just loan him out again for a full season. For years we have been piss poor at loaning out players and getting a decent return on them. From a business point of view this needs to stop, thankfully I think we have people within the club who have the business acumen to make sure this doesn’t happen.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Keinan is Heskey reincarnate in my mind.

if he can add goals to his game he could certainly have a good career. Heskey gets an unfair amount of stick for his goal scoring prowess too but was invaluable to us in avoiding relegation and earlier in his career was an incredible team player at Liverpool.

You'd imagine even if he's never going to be first name on the team sheet that Steven Gerrard would be able to understand the value of this kind of player to a squad.

If he gets sold and racks his value up over 6-18 months on loans before next summer and is sold, so be it and it's probably the most likely option. But I also won't rule him out of having more of a Villa career than we're all anticipating

He’s not a proper goal scorer such as Ings or Archer for example. But he’s not as people say. For the last 2 and half seasons he only started 5 games. 4 where we were bad and against some top teams. 
Imagine being played and working hard to score to impress while coming from injuries and being young breaking through.  
People count minutes but most of the time he comes after 80. 

1 minute ago, WHY said:

What’s the rush to sell him, £5/6m isn’t going to change our summer spending plans. Why not just loan him out again for a full season. For years we have been piss poor at loaning out players and getting a decent return on them. From a business point of view this needs to stop, thankfully I think we have people within the club who have the business acumen to make sure this doesn’t happen.

Isn’t there a new out loan limit starting next season? I heard it on the radio the other day

4 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

If Forest get promoted we could push for a fair bit more than that providing he finishes the season well and injury free

Yeah fair point.  I hope he does avoid injury as that has impacted him a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Isn’t there a new out loan limit starting next season? I heard it on the radio the other day

There is. It reduces by 2 each year for the next 4 years (I think) my understanding is that it doesn't apply to youth players, only senior player

• Thanks 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

There is. It reduces by 2 each year for the next 4 years (I think) my understanding is that it doesn't apply to youth players, only senior player

It comes into place in 24/25 season and doesn’t really effect homegrown players and players under the age of 21

• Thanks 1

Â