Keinan Davis

a-k

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

had a run before injury and Tammy came in the following season had 2 goals in 1499 minutes, that's a goal in every 750 minutes in the Championship. 

The LEGEND that is Gabriel Batistuta scored 3 goals in 19 games for River Plate at the age of 20.

Luckily for him, he wasn’t written off based on on stupid statistics and they continued to play him.

unbelievable how people write players off based on stupid statistics and fail to use their eyes.

When he played, he was playing really really well.

The goals will come.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Nick, you can throw stats at me all day long and you can accuse me of writing Wesley off too early, that’s fine, I’m down with that. 

My opinion of Wesley after 20 games is that he isn’t good enough for this level. I really, really want to be proven wrong and I may well be. I’ve been guilty of being overly critical of Nakamba which, if he keeps up his current form, is making me look silly. 

I like Davis, I think he has all the attributes to be a very decent striker and I think he’s a better option than Wesley. I think he’s a better player. It might be that he’s also a better player than Samatta, I hope not, but we’ll see over the next few months. 

One thing I’m not willing to do is write him off based on stats because he’s shown on plenty of occasions that he has a lot of potential. Whether he underperformed because of Bruce, who knows? Who cares! He’ll get his chances and whoever performs in training and on match days will get their chance.

Davis will see plenty more game time this year and I am more than comfortable with that. 

That’s the beauty of football, it’s all about opinions and we all want the best for Villa so I hope you’re right about Davis and I look like a fool.  

I think Wes is struggling but has potential and I’ve seen that which I know you disagree.  

I think we both will agree that we hope one is a major success whoever it is as while one of us looks silly we both benefit because Villa are better.

Even better if both are a success.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Thug said:

The LEGEND that is Gabriel Batistuta scored 3 goals in 19 games for River Plate at the age of 20.

Luckily for him, he wasn’t written off based on on stupid statistics and they continued to play him.

unbelievable how people write players off based on stupid statistics and fail to use their eyes.

The goals will come.

You missed my prior argument that in my eyes didn’t think he was good enough and used stats to back that up and they did.

i don’t think the goals will come.

Edited by nick76

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I feel like if he goes on a bit of a scoring run he'll become unstoppable. Need to bring in a finishing coach or something for him.

I feel if I go on a bit of a scoring run I’ll be unstoppable as well.  He hasn’t before, why will he now?

Just now, nick76 said:

I feel if I go on a bit of a scoring run I’ll be unstoppable as well.  He hasn’t before, why will he now?

This is the point you’re missing.  If he was 27, had 8 seasons behind him scoring 1 in every 8, I’d totally get your point.  
You’re writing him off based on a small sample size of 1499 minutes.

Please refer back to by Batistuta point.  You can’t write someone off based on such a small sample size.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rolta said:

This thread is like opposite land with Villalad being reasonable while someone else seems to have a lot of unreasonable hate.

I like Davis. He last played properly for us a couple of years ago when he was only 19, and he made a huge difference to us back then.

I don't think it's unreasonable to consider he might improve as he gets older (and he's decent anyway—he always impresses me).

I assume you mean me? I have no hate, I provided my view of him and backed up with stats.  

This is a debate website full of different views.  

My view isn’t unreasonable hate just because you don’t agree with it.  I provided my view and backed up my argument with stats. 

I also don’t think it’s unreasonable to consider he won’t change how he’s been all his career to date.

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

You definitely seem to be going out of your way to be negative here. A player at 19 is not stuck in one mode forever. But you know that—you're just not interested in anything other than telling everyone how much you don't rate Davis, which has been made abundantly clear!

9 minutes ago, Thug said:

The goals will come.

There's a few clowns around that just quote statistics and dont use their eyes.

10 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Can you hold the ball up superbly against top class defenders and create chances out of nothing all on your own? The only thing missing from his game is goals and he hasn't had a decent enough run in the team to really perfect that part of his game. It's too early to say he won't be a goalscorer. I think all he needs is a bit of luck to get the ball rolling and get in the groove. If he starts adding goals to his game, he'll be a complete striker.

• Like 3

Just now, Thug said:

This is the point you’re missing.  If he was 27, had 8 seasons behind him scoring 1 in every 8, I’d totally get your point.  
You’re writing him off based on a small sample size of 1499 minutes.

Please refer back to by Batistuta point.  You can’t write someone off based on such a small sample size.  

One exceptional player (Batistuta) yet you miss off hundreds of players that didn’t.  How often do players get 8 seasons.  

I’m looking at 3.5 years of injuries and lack of goals and assists and watching him myself at championship and PL2 Div 2 level.  The thing he has on his side is he’s 21, I just don’t see it but as we are seeing many do on here.  

I think in 5 years time we’ll remember Davis like we remember the Moore’s brothers for example....”ahhh remember XXXX, what ever happened to them?” questions we pose each other.

8 minutes ago, Rolta said:

You definitely seem to be going out of your way to be negative here. A player at 19 is not stuck in one mode forever. But you know that—you're just not interested in anything other than telling everyone how much you don't rate Davis, which has been made abundantly clear!

Ohhh so I’m not allowed to debate on a debate website.  Got ya!

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

Can you hold the ball up superbly against top class defenders and create chances out of nothing all on your own? The only thing missing from his game is goals and he hasn't had a decent enough run in the team to really perfect that part of his game. It's too early to say he won't be a goalscorer. I think all he needs is a bit of luck to get the ball rolling and get in the groove. If he starts adding goals to his game, he'll be a complete striker.

Never shown the goal scoring touch at any level before but yeah sure.

1 minute ago, Thug said:

More ‘statistics’

andy cole age 21: 3 goals in 13 games

Dwight Yorke age 21: 2 goals in 12 games

Davis had more games

Davis never shown it at any level of scoring, Cole had

Yorkie was a midfielder back then

9 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

There's a few clowns around that just quote statistics and dont use their eyes.

I said I used my eyes and from that used stats to back up my arguments.  Just because you don’t agree with my opinion doesn’t mean I’m a clown. I laid out my argument I had with my eyes and backed up with stats.....is that not what you do then?

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Never shown the goal scoring touch at any level before but yeah sure.

No, you're right let's never play him despite all his other qualities and not let him develop one that is very much coachable.

Harry Kane had just 14 goals in his first 56 games on loan at various teams. If it were up to you, you would have binned him off because he didn't show a "goal scoring touch".

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I said I used my eyes and from that used stats to back up my arguments.  Just because you don’t agree with my opinion doesn’t mean I’m a clown. I laid out my argument I had with my eyes and backed up with stats.....is that not what you do then?

?

Davis' all round game is good enough that even if we decide he doesn't score enough to be a striker, he's worth trying in another position, would be stupid to give up on the footballing talent that he has just because of the idea that one aspect of his game is weak. Besides this idea that he's never been a goal scorer at any level is a bit of a myth, as he used to score quite often for the academy sides.

• Like 1

Â