Keinan Davis

a-k

27 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

If only he was able to score once in a million years...

I think you mean once in 106 minutes, as that’s all he’s played in the league this season?

Unless yet again he is being unfairly judged on his scoring record as a 19 year old?

Edited by Elton
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I'd play both him and Samatta at this point. No point having sub par "wingers" anymore. 

Totally agree, 100%. El Ghazi is dreadful and wouldn’t get into any other team in this league. Trezeguet the same. Let’s go with Davis and Samatta up top with Grealish in behind roaming.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Totally agree, 100%. El Ghazi is dreadful and wouldn’t get into any other team in this league. Trezeguet the same. Let’s go with Davis and Samatta up top with Grealish in behind roaming.

agree with this, AEG and trez are useful as impact subs around 70 mins but having 2 strikers up top with Jack pulling the strings would really occupy defences. If wing backs support press better it will slow down opposition getting through our midfield as quick as they do now.

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Really? What's the competition? 

McNeil, Ritchie, Atsu, Boufal, Djenepo, Townsend, Shlupp, Trossard, March... actually it's easier to count the ones I would take over him.

Like Zaha obviously and Redmond, Fraser, Wilson, any of West Ham's (they shouldn't even be bottom half tbh) and Sarr.

55 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

McNeil, Ritchie, Atsu, Boufal, Djenepo, Townsend, Shlupp, Trossard, March... actually it's easier to count the ones I would take over him.

Like Zaha obviously and Redmond, Fraser, Wilson, any of West Ham's (they shouldn't even be bottom half tbh) and Sarr.

Fraser has been garbage and apologised to the fans. Assist against us first attacking return in 12 games.

AEG 4 goals 4 assists in 1550 mins. Redmond 3 goals 1 assist in 1955. Last season 6 goals and 5 assists in 3272. He's overrated junk

Edited by Kiwivillan

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Fraser has been garbage and apologised to the fans. Assist against us first attacking return in 12 games.

AEG 4 goals 4 assists in 1550 mins. Redmond 3 goals 1 assist in 1955. Last season 6 goals and 5 assists in 3272. He's overrated junk

Was being generous, but Redmond's form has picked up considerably recently along with Southanpton's. Not amazing, but he'd improve our team for sure.

When he came, he was the most lively player and could've scored actually. It's not that he isn't getting chances. As it's been mentioned he's only played for 100+ minutes. He nearly scored at City and against Brighton. 

Usually he comes when we're chasing games, which makes the oppositions in their places. Let's try him in a counter attack game, or even more time in a normal game. 

Yesterday Smith ruined it when Trez came, Hourihane should've came actually. But anyway, as much as he isn't a poacher, but still he can score some goals. Most of his cameos were fantastic. It's not easy to get the ball from him too.

You can go to the minute 10:11 directly, and look at him. I still remember that attack and just went to search for it. Since then, I knew we had a player in him!

It wasn't the best finish, but it's how he got the ball then how he built the attack and with his pace came to the right place, at a very critical minute.

15 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

When he came, he was the most lively player and could've scored actually. It's not that he isn't getting chances. As it's been mentioned he's only played for 100+ minutes. He nearly scored at City and against Brighton. 

Usually he comes when we're chasing games, which makes the oppositions in their places. Let's try him in a counter attack game, or even more time in a normal game. 

Yesterday Smith ruined it when Trez came, Hourihane should've came actually. But anyway, as much as he isn't a poacher, but still he can score some goals. Most of his cameos were fantastic. It's not easy to get the ball from him too.

In these highlights you can see what he can do, where he almost scored in just a few cameos. 

Go to minute 8:10

Then here from 8:00 onwards you could see what he gave the team. He forced Fernandinho for a red card! 

It's not as if he's not getting scoring opportunities, if he had half of the games Wesley had, I'm sure he'd have scored a few. 

3 hours ago, villalad21 said:

As much of a fan as i am of him he isn't gonna save our season.

It's the defending that is letting us down this season. We have the worst defensive record along with Norwich.

Unless that improves we are likely to go down.

Whilst it's hard to disagree with the stats and the goals conceded, I actually think our abilty to defend, or lack there of, is down to our powderpuff central midfield. Nakamba is ok, a decent enough ball winner but Luiz is just nowhere near the level required. 
I never thought I'd say this, but I think we missed Drinkwater in the middle against Bournemouth. We need to protect our defense more than we do, and that starts from when the oppositions defenders have the ball.
There is also an argument to suggest playing Davis will help our defence. They finally have an outball, someone who can hold it and run the channels. Wesley couldn't do that I don't think Samatta is that kind of player. Playing Davis may actually mean we concede less (as weird as it sounds). 

5 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Whilst it's hard to disagree with the stats and the goals conceded, I actually think our abilty to defend, or lack there of, is down to our powderpuff central midfield. Nakamba is ok, a decent enough ball winner but Luiz is just nowhere near the level required. 
I never thought I'd say this, but I think we missed Drinkwater in the middle against Bournemouth. We need to protect our defense more than we do, and that starts from when the oppositions defenders have the ball.
There is also an argument to suggest playing Davis will help our defence. They finally have an outball, someone who can hold it and run the channels. Wesley couldn't do that I don't think Samatta is that kind of player. Playing Davis may actually mean we concede less (as weird as it sounds). 

Drinkwater is nowhere near being match fit he would get bullied against Bournemouth. So would Conor. So would Lansbury.

I think you are spot on. Our midfielders is a bunch of weaklings and it's a massive concern.

2 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Drinkwater is nowhere near being match fit he would get bullied against Bournemouth. So would Conor. So would Lansbury.

I think you are spot on. Our midfielders is a bunch of weaklings and it's a massive concern.

Perhaps, yes. Albeit I think he has showed signs of reaching match fitness lately. 
Either way, not a great deal of options to choose from is there?

Just now, screwdriver said:

Smithy could banish El Khazi to the bench and utilise Kenian Davis on the wing in the "Jostein Flo" role.

Mings could continually pump long diagonal balls to the head of Davis whilst Smatter feeds off the knock downs. Bingo!

As Screwdriver'ish as this post is, there is some sense in it. I wouldn't play El Ghazi at all and think the long ball to Davis is an option. 
Let's be honest, we may as well bypass our midfield and get the ball up to Davis and Samatta as quickly as possible and then bring Grealish into the game from there.

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Perhaps, yes. Albeit I think he has showed signs of reaching match fitness lately. 
Either way, not a great deal of options to choose from is there?

You are right. Although Luiz has shown he's a great asset in the few games where we dominate the ball. Like the game against Newcastle at VP.

His passing is excellent which is why i think he would excel in possession teams.

Edited by villalad21

Â