Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Man City

limpid

Match Polls  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Performance

Never expected much today but it was a low point.  More soft goals, more stupid mistakes, more keeping possession without any attacking threat - I swear we could have kept going to Monday and not scored!  How 'premier league' footballers, who train most days, can have so little football imagination and sense simply staggers me - it is like they've had a frontal lobotomy and had the attacking part of their brains removed!   The attendance and empty seats didn't help, one to forget.

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 1

Co-commentator on 5love sports extra said villa fans were glad Gabby was coming on as he's a fan favourite.

This is probably the least concerned with a villa loss I've been in years, could be because I'm away for the weekend and wasn't able to actually watch it unfold but I feel sad that I don't feel that sad about losing.

Just now, richp999 said:

Really ?  What do you expect at the moment ?

The board have thrown in the towel, the football's been sh*t for 5 years at least and we were relegated before half the season has gone.

Our new chairman tells us that spending money wont fix anything... hmmm.. A 4-0 drubbing by a man city says different. 

I'm afraid most fans just don't care anymore - why should they ? Throw another £50 away today for a certain beating, no thanks.

Ironically I've attended more this season than for a long time, but no more... The board's activity in the transfer window has told us what we need to know.

If they aren't bothering why should I ?

As I say the low attendance and empty seats was shocking.

Why did I bother going? Absolute rubbish. They scored the first within 2 minutes, we fought back a bit but didn't really create any chances. The way they carved through us so easily was embarrassing. 

Why were we floating in decent crosses when Gestede/Kozak aren't playing? Baffling. 

Bullet dodged, £20 saved, enough said.

Listened to 5Live so had to endure the 'Voice of Midlands Football' ejaculating everytime Man City scored. God he so hates us so much every since his mate MON left.

Really pleased to see fans voted with their wallets today. Hollis and his business school babble about not needing to spend money was shown up today. Basic rule of marketing Mr Hollis, if you have a shit product nobody buys it. League games are underpinned at the moment by mug punters like me who bought a season ticket. I very much doubt we will all fall for that bull when we are in the Championship

• Like 1

Kind of summed our season?

Gave away an early goal so was always chasing. Our play in the middle third was okay today and we did create some chances. But we have no forward threat at all. Yes there was some commitment but we once again shot ourselves in our foot. And then put a land mine on the other one. The last 2 goals are pure comedy and basically we just gave the game to City. All they had to be today was organised, competent, hit us on the break and wait for us to give them goals. And we did that 4 times.

Flat crowd with loads of empty seats for a 3pm KO versus one of the best teams in the country at £15 a ticket. More Villa fans turned up for the Notts County game in August.

Any momentum/confidence from our tiny 5 game revival has gone today and we need to get at least 1 win in the next 2 or its curtains.

I think we are all now just waiting for this season to end and for the board and Garde to show some sort of coherent plan to get us out this epic mess.

We might be waiting for a while.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Villanun said:

Yeah, but...

But...

Oh God, you're right, everything is shit! Why have I been lying to myself?

thank the lord jesus christ that your now not in denial, amen. 

back OT today really wasn't imporant.

• Like 1

Shocking, positively shocking! As the fun factory said above, the worry now is will any slight confidence gained recently be shot to bits? Richards just cannot play centre half and in all honestly, it's right back or bench him! Gana needs to just forget this one and I think perhaps Grealish should come in for Gil now for a game or two. If we fail to sign a striker in this window then any slim hope of survival will evaporate!! Sad to see and watch this lot at present, I don't even get angry but mostly I feel nothing. 

• Like 1

Just back and still not feeling any better, one of the lowest I've felt as a Villa fan. Not the outcome, but the whole sorry mess surrounding it, I  was close to tears at the end.

The fact that so many fellow fans had ( rightly) written it off.  No criticism of them but that we've come so low that 3pm against Man City in the Cup does nothing to geteop!e inspired. As I say, don't blame them one bit, but the Club.......

The fact thatHollis, clearly here as a wrecking ball, can watch that and yet still expect us to buy his ' its all about the infrastructure" cobblers.

The fact that although Garde has slowly improved things, he still looks a way off being able to get the team instilled with enough belief to pass and move. The ' move' bit....

And why on earth mess around with a defence that he has finally got looking OK ? Guzan ffs ? Surely Bunn doesn't' need a rest already ? And didn't it show...Clark and Richards looked like, well, Clark and Richards.

Surely if anyone was to be rested Grealish for Gil, at least for a half, to stake a claim. Or, if ( as appeared the case) if Grealish is still no more bothered than before don't change anything. Where is the point getting deadwood out the picture then bringing them back in.

Actually felt sorry for the players. Garde has done well to get them committed, determined but a lack of a goalscorer ( like Austin) and a midfielder with confidence and a bit of vision( like Shelvey) means it is pointless, especially played out in front of Guzan. Throw in an awful penalty award, and some good old self destructive passing, and it was a nightmare.

Thanks Mr Hollis-Lerner, thanks a lot.

• Like 1

Not sure what people were expecting.

We knew beforehand we can't score goals against decent organized back 4s that have pace.

We also know Richards-Clark as a combination is a total car crash.

Yes it's a stuffing but let's be honest our chance to win the cup was last season, we've got to 3 finals in nearly 60 years so expecting two finals in two years was a bit optimistic.

There is a huge gulf now between us and many premier league teams, even their reserve teams as was seen today.

I can only hope we can at least give it our best shot in staying up, the last 3 league games have indicated that. Another thrashing at West Ham though and that will probably finish things off for good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure what people were expecting.

We knew beforehand we can't score goals against decent organized back 4s that have pace.

We also know Richards-Clark as a combination is a total car crash.

Yes it's a stuffing but let's be honest our chance to win the cup was last season, we've got to 3 finals in nearly 60 years so expecting two finals in two years was a bit optimistic.

There is a huge gulf now between us and many premier league teams, even their reserve teams as was seen today.

I can only hope we can at least give it our best shot in staying up, the last 3 league games have indicated that. Another thrashing at West Ham though and that will probably finish things off for good.

Argeed. It looked like a prem team versus a (not very good) championship team today. And city had a lot of change. 

Just epitomised where we are today. A second/third choice Man City team demolished us comfortably.

Can't fault the endeavour but in the final third there was nothing

That's why we are fu@ked and going down

I just hope that Gana can shrug off his mistake as he is one of our players that has been improving

Just a nonsense game and that's why the crowd was so shit

What a job Remi has got on his hands!

I do believe he can turn it around but not enough to save us this season unfortunately

Villa till I die!