****** SUPERBOWL 50 ********

Brumerican

I've never particularly liked Cam. I think he complains a lot and has this "world against me" type attitude. People thought he changed this season, but in reality he had nothing to complain about. I think he has the right fire to succeed though, I'd be shocked if he doesn't go all the way at some point, plus it's not every Super Bowl you are going to come up against a top 5 defense of all time.

The NFL has to do something about the catch rule though. For it to play such a bug and controversial part of their showpiece event takes away from it a little bit. I really hope they make it black and white. If it means there's more fumbles, fine, I'd rather that than officials getting important decisions wrong.

Catch rule is mental. Because there isn't one. It's **** up. Every week in here we see controversy. There is no sane benchmark where that wasn't a catch. I was fully sure it would be reversed and couldn't believe when it wasn't. I don't suffer from myopia when I'm watching a game. It benefited us but it shouldn't have. Although I don't think it changed the outcome.

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

Catch rule is mental. Because there isn't one. It's **** up. Every week in here we see controversy. There is no sane benchmark where that wasn't a catch. I was fully sure it would be reversed and couldn't believe when it wasn't. I don't suffer from myopia when I'm watching a game. It benefited us but it shouldn't have. Although I don't think it changed the outcome.

you scored a TD , on the next play ( or one after) when the ball should have been 40 yards further up the pitch   - the moral sapping effect that spill probably had  , not to mention the 7 points probably changed the game a little  :)

then there was the encroaching on the Field goal that hit the post that was missed , meaning the kick should have been retaken  :P

the better team won on the day though so the result was fair

Obviously my interpretation of the rules(ish) they have in place. But i didnt think they would overturn it. he didnt have control until he went to ground and the ball dislodged when it hit the ground. Basically if  the bobble earlier didnt happen and  he just caught it when going down, i dont think it would be considered a catch.

• Like 1

I'd be pissed off the other way round but I wasn't surprised it was ruled incomplete after the challenge. NFL has tried to stay with the call on the field as much as possible, but also with regards to the catch itself, he never had full control going to the ground, still bobbling around and the ball does hit the turf whilst in his hands which helped him to grab it fully.

And if all that wasn't enough, Mike Carey put his neck on the line saying it would be a catch, which meant it would be ruled incomplete all day long :lol:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

not the point though is it

its pure american hyperbole, world champions at a sport that no one else plays...(unless you count the CFA, they obviously dont)

im assuming that seeing as there are other professional leagues around the world the NBA, MLB and NHL dont claim the same, but i wouldnt put it past them

World Series in Baseball?

Who knows how a play like that so early would effect a game. But with that said, it was early in the game and both teams had plenty of time to win it. I think it'd be hard for anyone to put across an argument that the Denver D alone didn't deserve to win that game

Watched the game last night, thoroughly enjoyed it, even though it wasn't one for the attacking purists! Thought both offences were poor, but Denver's defence was fantastic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BOF said:

From Tanier's Hangover

Listen, folks. I have about a 97 percent accuracy rate on these catch rulings. Here are the rules: 1) When in doubt, it's not a catch; 2) When even remotely questionable, the call will stand. It always works, give or take a Golden Tate touchdown. We just have to get over our individual ideas of some "pure" definition of a catch, as well as our love of going nutso on Twitter every time a call is semi-controversial.

That said, the NFL will change the rule to something equally unsatisfactory in the offseason, and we will all be back to square one.

I'd say that was 99% indisputable visual evidence of a catch. Also:

You cannot call what Beyonce and Bruno Mars did to Coldplay "upstaging" when Coldplay worked so darn hard to blend into the background like the coffee-house soundtrack band they have always been. (There. I said it.) It reminds me of the old story of the 1950s Giants, who had Tom Landry coordinating defense and Vince Lombardi offense. When asked what he did, head coach Jim Lee Howell would say, "I inflate the footballs."

Coldplay inflated footballs at halftime.

Â