****** SUPERBOWL 50 ********

Brumerican

9 minutes ago, YGabbana said:

Tried to watch some but find american football (should be calld handball) boring as ****. Stop start stop start and lasts for hours

And your point is?

You almost got the holy trinity there. All you had to do was mention they are all fannies coz they wear padding

1 Not football. Check

2 Lasts for hours and is stop start. Check

3 All fannies coz they wear padding. Nope. Must try harder 

Oh and cheerleaders. You could have mentioned them too

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Milfner said:

Bottled what? He's been pummelled all night, his backs have fumbled it twice and a catchable pass was tipped for an interception. Yeah, **** bottled it. Sound.

No need to snivel, I actually though carolina would piss it :)

27 minutes ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

And your point is?

You almost got the holy trinity there. All you had to do was mention they are all fannies coz they wear padding

1 Not football. Check

2 Lasts for hours and is stop start. Check

3 All fannies coz they wear padding. Nope. Must try harder 

Oh and cheerleaders. You could have mentioned them too

While I am starting to enjoy American Football more and more and I did watch the Superbowl last night, I suppose the best way to put it is its 60 mins of action spread over 4 hours and that is the biggest struggle for most.

21 minutes ago, Nicho said:

While I am starting to enjoy American Football more and more and I did watch the Superbowl last night, I suppose the best way to put it is its 60 mins of action spread over 4 hours and that is the biggest struggle for most.

I get that for some people if feels like that. But my reply was because I don't see the point of coming on to a thread about something you are not really interested in, populated by people who are very interested, and then say something like that. 

I wouldn't go into the boxing thread and tell the people in there I don't see the point as it's just two people hitting each other.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Nicho said:

that's part of the appeal to some extent 

I went to West Ham on Tuesday night , half time I queued up to get a beer , by the time I got it the players were coming out for the second half so I had to chug it down in one and go back to my seat  .... at the American version , they pass the drinks down to you whilst you stay in your seat ogling at cheerleaders  ... it's more relaxed and more of an event  and that's the appeal .... yeah yesterdays game wasn't a 51-49 game that everyone would have wanted but watching it play out like a high speed game of chess anticipating your opponents every move was still quite enthralling  ... and you get the bonus of seeing the Champions of the Universe at the end of it as well :P

he he

SANTA CLARA, CA—Disappointing the thousands of fans in attendance as well as an estimated 100 million viewers watching at home, the Super Bowl 50 halftime show was marred Sunday by the stadium’s functioning sound system, sources confirmed. “Right from the beginning, the sound was working normally, and unfortunately, I could clearly hear the singing,” said 29-year-old spectator Joe Kessler, adding that the show’s audio feed, which was amplified throughout the stadium and transmitted to television broadcasts with no technical issues, made the performances by Beyonce, Coldplay, and Bruno Mars completely unbearable. “There was definitely nothing wrong with the speakers or the microphones. It’s a shame, because the perfect sound quality just ruined the whole thing.” Kessler added that he hopes Super Bowl organizers would learn from the incident and avoid a similar disaster next year.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

that's part of the appeal to some extent 

definitely for me, its perfect for multitasking, sunday nights watching NFL playing football manager doing work, sorting my work clothes out for the week, doing stuff that i should have done all weekend

i dont sit and watch the adverts

disagree about the other bit though, i didnt care enough about either team or was anywhere near in the mood to appreciate last night, i had it in my head all 3rd quarter that if the broncos pulled away i was going to bed, it only took them another 90 minutes to do it...

Newton storms out of press conference because he heard Harris Jr in another press conference saying "we dared him to pass"[emoji38]Not cool Cam.

50 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Eli's face :D

sXNosZ0.gif

I was going to comment on this at FT but decided to go to bed instead   ..... doesn't even look remotely happy for his brother 

There's smiling and there's storming out. It's weird cuz I love Cam. He just needs to mature now. It was a bad day but don't be an ass about it.

• Like 1

Nobody is asking him to be smiling are they? What did Lynch do? Lynch doesn't speak to the media full stop. A better comparison would be Wilson and even he didn't act like that when it was his fault the team lost.

He shouldn't be storming out of the press conference and sulking, giving one word answers. 

Did Kuechly do it? TD? Olsen? They're the other leaders of the team and they handled themselves corrrectly.

The dancing, the cockiness; it pisses me off, but fair play to him. He's having fun and winning while doing it.

But when you're doing that, you need to take yours when you lose.

This is a post on the Carolina forum that describes it better than i can, because it's from a Panthers fan.

MVP, 18-2, Off MVP....you can't dab when you win and then walk off the podium when you lose. Be a leader, suck it up, answer the questions and stop acting like that.  

Supported you and still will but that was bush league. And anyone who says it wasn't doesn't get it.  Own it. 

We had a great season and I'm proud of our team. But you have to suck it up and own it. You can be disappointed and upset with a loss and that's fine. But you need to have some grace and humility as well. That was disappointing. 

Greg Olsen, TD, Luke handled it the right way, I just wish the leader of our team and the face of the franchise would have done the same.

Edited by StefanAVFC

FWIW I love the dancing. If you're winning then have a ball. If it pisses everyone else off then that's their problem. But when you can't dance don't be a toddler throwing the toys. I know Cam is better than that. He will be a great. He needs to learn from this.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

FWIW I love the dancing. If you're winning then have a ball. If it pisses everyone else off then that's their problem. But when you can't dance don't be a toddler throwing the toys. I know Cam is better than that. He will be a great. He needs to learn from this.

That's what i mean. It pisses me off but fair play if you're winning and having fun with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Milfner said:

Apologies, Rob, was a bit sore last night. Still am. emoji20.png

As expected ;)

Panthers need better RBs and WRs that's plain to see

Â