****** SUPERBOWL 50 ********

Brumerican

Grats to the Bronco boys on here, just a devastating defensive performance again. Watching Carolina get shut down like that takes a bit of the sting off our loss to you guys.

People will talk about that defense for a LONG time.

Shocking lack of guts by Newton when he didn't try to recover that fumble, and I think people will be talking about that too.

Weird game in general, far from a classic, too many mistakes and penalties from both teams, but the story is the defense.

Carolina will be back though, they were favored for a good reason. 

No NFL until September, urgh....

Behave

They were strange tonight. Missed so many holds (for both teams) but seem hell bent in dishing out very borderline personal fouls. Rather have a bit of chippiness than holding. But anyway, the failure to overturn the Cotchery catch was bad. Two plays later the ball's been coughed up and it's 10-0. Obviously other big moments that we missed on too but shit like that doesn't help.

10 minutes ago, Milfner said:

the failure to overturn the Cotchery catch was bad.

Awful blown call. They must have determined he never secured the ball. But still, a head scratcher. 

26 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

World champions

**** right off 

If you can name a gridiron football team from another country that could beat ANY of the current NFL teams, I'd be just as dismissive of the label as you are. But that team does not exist...

I will be back with a more representative post later on. I'm so **** happy right now. Yes I can't understand the non-completion for Cotchery but my God we played a fantastically disciplined game. I hoped Cam would freeze in his first big one and he did. He'll be back. I love Cam. But how great for Manning to get a second deserved ring.

I think this is the first time I've ever actually cared about who won the Superbowl.  Not enough to stay up and watch the thing, but a good friend of mine emigrated to the USA seven or eight years ago.  He's settled in Denver now, runs a business and married an American girl (he even has an anchor baby) so he's probably there for the long haul and he's just stuck a load of photos of him and his family dressed in Bronco's kit up on the Facebook.  Genuinely pleased for them all. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

If you can name a gridiron football team from another country that could beat ANY of the current NFL teams, I'd be just as dismissive of the label as you are. But that team does not exist...

not the point though is it

its pure american hyperbole, world champions at a sport that no one else plays...(unless you count the CFA, they obviously dont)

im assuming that seeing as there are other professional leagues around the world the NBA, MLB and NHL dont claim the same, but i wouldnt put it past them

• Like 2

Â