Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Leicester

limpid

Match Polls  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Manager's Performance

2. 2. Refereeing Perfomance

I was ready to give up on this division but if I was a Villa money-man then I'd go get - at any cost - a lively goalscorer because that is all we are lacking at the moment. Ayew can be that man but he insists on wandering back up the pitch to get on the ball which leaves us limited in the box. Just one player MIGHT do it but it has to be NOW !!!

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

So we respond to our recent win with 75 minutes of the most gutless drivel I've ever witnessed. 

Leicester putting in arguably their worst performance of the season and ok, we get a draw, but my god, why are we so pathetic and lacklustre. It's unforgivable. 

Oh and those wondering why aly cissockho was loaned out - watch that game.

Today wouldn't even make our top 10 worst performances of the season. Try West Brom at home, Stoke at home, Spurs away, Everton away, Arsenal home, Sunderland away, Norwich away.....and Wycombe away. O.k that's only 8 but you get the picture.

I thought pre match today would pan out a bit like Man. City at home...we'd sit back (as all out attack works in Leicester's favour) limit them to few clear cut chances and today it panned out like that.

The trouble is it's not November anymore and plucky draws aren't enough, we need wins. I feel Remi has now got a decent approach of regularly picking up in this league by how he's setting us up but we really need another 8 points on the board if it ultimately to be successful and for us to stay up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Today wouldn't even make our top 10 worst performances of the season. Try West Brom at home, Stoke at home, Spurs away, Everton away, Arsenal home, Sunderland away, Norwich away.....and Wycombe away. O.k that's only 8 but you get the picture.

I thought pre match today would pan out a bit like Man. City at home...we'd sit back (as all out attack works in Leicester's favour) limit them to few clear cut chances and today it panned out like that.

The trouble is it's not November anymore and plucky draws aren't enough, we need wins. I feel Remi has now got a decent approach of regularly picking up in this league by how he's setting us up but we really need another 8 points on the board if it ultimately to be successful and for us to stay up.

Completely agree! We have seen some complete dross this season and at least we are now seeing team selections that make sense and performances to match. Think today was decent just not as good as midweek for sure. Think we have missed a trick not signing someone before today's game as may have just given us that extra lift? Like I said earlier it's just too late unfortunately.

• Like 2

It's an OTT reaction. And before WoodyTom goes on....yes I know we're rubbish, I know we're going down etc but if you really think in the last 5 years that's 75 minutes of the worst drivel you've ever seen I do wonder. There were about 20 worse games under Lambert for instance.

Leicester are overachieving but they've still got some very good players in the final third and really work as a team so no mean feat to nullify them, it's coming all too late though. 

• Like 1

I didn't see the game, so no comment on it.

but a draw keeps our momentum going. We have a few winnable games coming up so this is an advantage. Seems like we found our starting eleven and the new players are starting to gel. All positives

on the other hand, a point gets us nowhere. Newcastle winning is bad for us. I think the current bottom three are the ones going down. Norwich, bournemouth and maybe the baggies could get sucked in.

One final point from me regarding today and this season is just how much we lack leaders/organisers on the pitch! I am in a fortunate seat position whereby you can here the real 'talkers' on the pitch and we are such a quiet team!! Drinkwater today never stopped talking to his team, us on the other hand have a midfield that don't speak. Okore Lescott partnership is probably our best at present - but neither organise/speak during games. It is a real problem and can be overlooked from afar ( ie TV ). This needs to be addressed with a signing or two because these types are just not in our squad.

• Like 3

Considering our appalling home record and oppositions fine away record that was much better overall.

Lescotts little nap for their goal was shabby.....that sort of play will send us down. Is it really so hard to keep running and be aware of what's going on around you.

The mugging of Kozak by Huth was laughable if it wasn't so critical....2 penalties in my view.

Gil was disappointing and Ayew was below par for the first hour.

The Penalty save was the turning point.

all in all much better , for me.

Just watched the Huth forearm smash for the third time (last on MOTD). That was disgracefully bad from the referee.

I agree with other earlier comments that he was poor for both sides but that call was inexcusable.

Edited by snowychap

Just watched the Huth forearm smash for the third time (last on MOTD). That was disgracefully bad from the referee.

I agree with other earlier comments that he was poor for both sides but that call was inexcusable.

I still can't begin to imagine what is going through the referee's mind there. Or Robert Huth's in fact. The whole event was utterly barmy. It's as stonewall a penalty and, in my opinion, a sending off as you're ever likely to see.

You cannot, under any circumstances, make a case for that being a natural or necessary movement. He didn't need to do it either, the ball was his. I know he's a bit of a master of the dark arts but I can only think he simply lost his head there.

One of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen and I remember Uriah Rennie all too well.

• Like 4

The next time our centre half gives the centre forward a forearm smash......I hope we all remember this........because as sure as hell, we will concede a penalty.

it was a nailed on pen.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Moyes for me showing why video refs will never work, he watched the "handball" several times and doesn't know if it's a foul or not, he's then watched Huth and said "standing his ground"

Utter bollocks

I'd love to hear what motd would say if Huth did that to their precious Harry Kane. Cock-ends.

• Like 3

So we respond to our recent win with 75 minutes of the most gutless drivel I've ever witnessed. 

Leicester putting in arguably their worst performance of the season and ok, we get a draw, but my god, why are we so pathetic and lacklustre. It's unforgivable. 

Oh and those wondering why aly cissockho was loaned out - watch that game.

Worse than Chelsea 8-0?

Worse than Norwich away this season?

Worse than the Cup Final last season?

For the record, I thought we were bang average at best first half, but second half was a different story. More than deserved a point