Things To Be Positive About

alreadyexists

Man Utd lost 7-0 to their bitter rivals last year on the way to a third place finish (lol). This is funny but the lesson is that a freak result doesn’t need to be anything more than that, and at least we can understand why it happened with the Mings injury blowing a hole in our plan. Emery will be working on a Mings-less system to make us a success for the next game and Monchi will be deep into his database if more cover is now needed 💪

• Like 2

We still have a squad to win the ECL and a top 10 finish in PL. We just need to lower expectations from a top 6 to a top 10 with the squad damage and the morale damage if the past few days 

Edited by CVByrne
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mantis said:

Even after losing two key players, our squad is still a world away from what we had this time 4 years ago.

Clipboard01.jpg

How did Deano manage to keep us up?

1 hour ago, catanzaro said:

Watching Chelsea v Liverpool and I’m fairly sure if either side were at St James’ yesterday they’d have been whacked too..

Could be, but losing Mings was so catastrophic, I just think we mainly should write off what happened after he was stretchered off the pitch. That wasn't Villa. That was a traumatised squad of younger adults feeling incredibly distracted and, on a practically level, suddenly rudderless. I think had Mings stayed, we had every chance in the world to win or at least get a draw. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 3

I'd imagine every single one of us was feeling positive 11 weeks ago when we'd just finished 7th and qualified for European football. I think there is just as much to be positive about now.

No doubt that yesterday was a kick in the bollocks but just as when we completely outplayed Newcastle 4 months ago didn't make them a bad team likewise us being well beaten by them yesterday doesn't make us one. 

Mings and Buendia being out long term is a real concern but we've also strengthened with three excellent additions and I am sure there will be 2 or 3 more incoming. We'll be fine. Keep the faith. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Man Utd lost 7-0 to their bitter rivals last year on the way to a third place finish (lol). This is funny but the lesson is that a freak result doesn’t need to be anything more than that, and at least we can understand why it happened with the Mings injury blowing a hole in our plan. Emery will be working on a Mings-less system to make us a success for the next game and Monchi will be deep into his database if more cover is now needed 💪

Yup. Bruno said it well: "Obviously it hurts a lot,  but it's just one game."

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Mantis said:

Even after losing two key players, our squad is still a world away from what we had this time 4 years ago.

Clipboard01.jpg

I actually have been thinking about Anwar a lot lately. He could sometimes impress ... but feels like a lifetime ago now.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

37 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Helped that 3 other teams were absolutely terrible tbh. Stayed up with 35 points!

And those 35 points should have been 34 if not for the goal line technology failure,

typical vile luck,

at least we will get promoted in proppa style with Wagner and Daly at first base 

holla  if you hear the Blues of Birmingham 

we’re coming for you Vile we’re coming for you

• Haha 2