New Music 2016

troon_villan

There should be a new Gang Gang Dance album. Can't think of anything I'm particularly looking forward to. But a few I'll be interested to hear how they sound and might turn out to be decent.

Edited by useless

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

BRMC > Uncle Acid

Though I am quite fond of the one Uncle Acid album with Mind Crawler on it. Will have to listen to some more more of their stuff.

Think BRMC have a bit more about them personally. 

I'm a huge BRMC fan, I reckon if they were British they'd be BIG.  Always seem to write great singles, despite them never getting much airplay or sales.

plus Leah Shapiro!

Leah-black-rebel-motorcycle-club-3404265

• Like 1

BRMC > Uncle Acid

Though I am quite fond of the one Uncle Acid album with Mind Crawler on it. Will have to listen to some more more of their stuff.

Think BRMC have a bit more about them personally. 

I think if they were both playing the same night I'd probably opt for brmc. I've known them for years though.

16 hours ago, useless said:

There should be a new Gang Gang Dance album. Can't think of anything I'm particularly looking forward to. But a few I'll be interested to hear how they sound and might turn out to be decent.

I think we should all avoid useless' favourite "music" like the plague ;)

For those who like a bit of Stoner / Doom Rock (Uncle Acid fans, I'm looking at you). Mountain Witch have a new album out next month. The first offering...

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 2

On 05/01/2016 at 22:15, useless said:

LA MONTE YOUNG/MARIAN ZAZEELA: Dream House 78'17", is getting a reissue according to someone on waxidermy. Don't know if it's just a bootleg though.

Getting released by Aguire. They're also reissuing Steve Reich Four Organs / Phase Patterns LP.

Edited by useless

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

New Kanye in less than a month and a new LCD Soundsystem record later in the year. 

That's all I need 

Surely those 2 things are totally incompatible?  Kuntyay West is a prick and peddler of shite bland music.  LCD soundsytem the polar opposite

One of my internet rules is not to try and debate the merits of Kanye.

But Bland? Really? 

If you love music you should appreciate Kanye, even if you don't like him or his songs personally.

I don't care much for Radiohead for example (other than a handful of tracks), but I recognise they are great if you like that kind of thing. 

Too many people let their inner daily mail get in the way when it comes to Yeezy.  

• Like 1

I didn't say everybody Troon, I said too many. Loads of exceptions I'm sure, including your good self. 

I think It's fair to say, most comment on Kanye starts with 'he's a word removed', followed by some ill informed statement about his music or hip hop in general.  

I get why people think he's a clearing in the woods, I also get why people don't like rap/hip hop and the generally associated culture. 

But, as someone who thinks he is utterly brilliant from a musical perspective, it's frustrating that any in any debate, it's generally the man that comes before the music. His public persona is exaggerated at the expense of his obvious talents. Being a black rapper doesn't help in that regard either. 

As per my Radiohead comment, there are loads of acts in loads of genres that I don't like, but respect/understand why other people do and that they have obvious talent. 

'I don't like it therefore it's shit' is a bit of a daft opinion to hold on anything to be honest. 

Anyway, yay to great new music in 2016, whatever your persuasion :thumb::thumb::thumb:

• Like 1

I think he's ok, got 4 of his albums I think, and he's ok, his greatest hits would be very good but as I've said on here before for me there's a lot of filler on his stuff

I'm not overly fond of a good chunk of his lyrics either, he blatantly has a lingering issue with white upper class America and at times just white people in general, it's been a while since I've listened to it but from what I can remember the last quarter of watch the thrones album is pretty much unlistenable IMO, it's just him attacking white america

And then you get to the issue of the hype, I would happily say he's the best hip hop artist going at the moment (kendrick Lamar is just ok IMO too) but it is far far from the golden age of hip hop right now, it's not far off the gutter with an awful lot of dross, he's a very important artist in that respect but I think that's because of where hip hop is rather because of him

• 2 weeks later...

Last ever LP from these guys due later in the year, massively influential on the other side of the pond for really rejuvenating the power violence/grindcore scene. 

Have at least a couple UK dates before they say goodbye forever...the last record will be called 'Apology'. 

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a tune on a Youtube video, the trail lead through the channels Majestic Casual, Cloudkid and MrSuicideSheep.

The content wasn't really my thing, but I like how they do it. Found them a great deal less tedious than Radio 6.

I imagine most of the Indie kids are aware of KEXP and Pitchfork, and the Electronica fans know Bleep and FACT.

Anyone like other genre specific, rather than artist specific channels for new music?

:detect: