New Music 2016

troon_villan

Another new Stone Roses single this morning. Sounds better than the previous one but I can't help thinking its a loveless facsimile of a old b-side.

Edited by choffer

3 hours ago, choffer said:

Another new Stone Roses single this morning. Sounds better than the previous one but I can't help thinking its a loveless facsimile of a old b-side.

I love it personally, so much happier with this than All For One. They will never beat the classics though.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

New Bat for Lashes.

Weakest entry in her catalogue, Natasha needs to go back to the drawing board after this one. Concept album where the concept is shite, and the songs go down the pan. Every Bat for Lashes album has some shit on it, but make up for it with some beautifully eerie catchy atmospheric tunes. This is one note narrative rubbish that all congeals into a bland lumpy whole.

I'm hoping it's a grower, as I've only had a single listen, but at the moment it's a crushing disappointment

Edited by Chindie

I kind of agree, Dean. Fur and Gold was superb and so when the next 2 came out I bought them and they were a mix of excellence and filler. This new one has yet to grab me, but maybe in time...

Wasn't really sure where to put this or how to describe it. All I can say is it's mental, in an epically good way. 

If you don't like the Avalanches (who doesn't though, they are ace), just concentrate on the visuals 

Awesome 

That looks like the Jim Jarmusch movie Night on Earth, with animation added.

Eddit, I see it's a collage of footage with animation added.

Edited by useless

3 minutes ago, useless said:

That looks like the Jim Jarmusch movie Night on Earth, with animation added.

Eddit, I see it's a collage of footage with animation added.

It's basically a video version of what they do with music. Go right to the end and you can see complete list of all the films and TV shows that feature. It's absolute genius. 

Reminds me of some 'People Like Us' aka Vicki Bennett's stuff( Making music videos out of collage's out of footage that already exists, that is. ), albeit I don't think she has quite the budget of these guys.

Edited by useless

What's everyone making of the  Mumford and Sons EP with African subtones?

It's good but I can't for the life of me forgive them for dropping the banjo.

• 3 weeks later...

Quite liking this tune, from the new Jenny Lewis project, NAF (Nice As ****). Video featuring cameos from Adam Green and Albert Hammond Jr.  Have linked to youtube, as video title contains a naughty word (NSFW obviously).

NAF - Door 

On 03/07/2016 at 01:28, Chindie said:

I've loved all 3 of the her albums to this one, at least in part, straight away. Not the case this time though.

I didn't know she had 3 other albums!  I've only heard the two with Daniel and Gold on them,  not sure what the other is like.  

9 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I didn't know she had 3 other albums!  I've only heard the two with Daniel and Gold on them,  not sure what the other is like.  

Yeah, you're missing her debut album, Fur and Gold.

Probably my favourite of the lot. I have an absurd love of the song 'the Bat's Mouth'. But the whole thing is decent, bar the usual couple of filler songs.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...