New Music 2016

troon_villan

1 hour ago, CarewsEyebrowDesigner said:

New PJ Harvey out next week I think. Looking forward to that immensely.

Really really looking forward to this one. Loved both tracks released so far, and she's releasing a new one today which is being aired on "Beats1" whatever that is... 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Radiohead have basically blanked out their entire internet presence over the last 24hrs. And they sent out loads of mysterious leaflets with what appears to be lyrics on the front over the weekend.

That new album might be closer than initially thought. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

That's grown on after a few listens.

It's feels like ages since we've had some new Radiohead material. But then I remember that I also really like Tool, and by all accounts by the time their new album comes out, we'll have had 3 Radiohead albums since the last Tool release...

I've given 'Burn the Witch' a few listens now, but I'm still not sure about it. Thom is sounding good, but I don't think there's much to the song. What did you think of The King of Limbs, out of interest?

I like elements of King of Limbs, but I think it says a lot that I couldn't name, off the top of my head, my favorite songs off that album, whilst I could easily do that for In Rainbows.

I didn't like Burn the Witch at first, I thought Thom was almost a parody of himself and the sing didn't seem to have much to it but in each listen I've grown to like it more. It's never a classic track but a decent one. High hopes for the album.

I think (and hope even) that listening to Burn the Witch and Spectre which they also did recently, that the album won't be another step in the KoL direction. tKoL is fine, but the new stuff with the orchestral feel to it is more enticing, as a new direction.

New album available digitally tomorrow, physical formats June 17. Hopefully with another special release, as the In Rainbows special set is still one of my most prized possessions.

There is a special release, and it looks closer to the In Rainbows one than the King of Limbs, thankfully.

The album itself... it's certainly a different Radiohead. It's much more orchestral, but still quite restrained, with the odd electronic bass line. Listening in the past hour I thought it wasn't as immediate as much of their back catalogue, but looking back at it theres a lot of songs that I foresee entering my top rated playlists... I think it'll be a grower that also has a few instant hooks. Better than King of Limbs straight off the bat.

On 5/5/2016 at 10:31, turnbull said:

This has been out a few weeks now, another cracker from Deftones

81p-O2BysOL._SY355_.jpg

Was pretty disappointed with this release personally. It's not bad by any stretch, but I find it a step backwardsfrom Koi and DE. Still holding out for Eros...

19 hours ago, Chindie said:

There is a special release, and it looks closer to the In Rainbows one than the King of Limbs, thankfully.

The album itself... it's certainly a different Radiohead. It's much more orchestral, but still quite restrained, with the odd electronic bass line. Listening in the past hour I thought it wasn't as immediate as much of their back catalogue, but looking back at it theres a lot of songs that I foresee entering my top rated playlists... I think it'll be a grower that also has a few instant hooks. Better than King of Limbs straight off the bat.

I really like King of Limbs on first listen. Am feeling the same with this new one too. Only had one go through but I'm looking forward to a second listen on my way home tonight.