Loic Remy

VillaChris

48 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I think that's a very negative post YLN, we can still stay up this season in my opinion but it'll be a tough ask

It was in response to those who say there's no point buying Remy as we're down anyway and a loan would be a waste of money, like buying new deckchairs for the titanic.

That said, I think it's almost a certainty that we will be relegated, mainly because we're so far behind and we can't win a game. 

Edit: ahem

Edited by YLN

Why would you waste the money on this? A complete waste of time. Spend it on somebody for next year and give them time to settle for the Championship.

Well, spend it if the world's worst scout Paddy Riley isn't anything to do with it.

Attempting to bring in Remy at this stage is ridiculous.

Have to disagree. Although many of us are resigned to relegation, as we are realistic, those within the club have to believe that it is possible to stay up. Which mathematically it still is.

Remy is a very good striker. I'd love to watch him play here for 6 months. Even if it's not a long term deal, we'll do much better next season if we can carry over some sort of fight or form into next season. Whether we are in the top flight or not.

Remy would give us a chance of that and goal threat we severely lack.

I do however think this is unlikely Chelsea could well need him and Hiddink hinted today that he doesn't want to sell anyone in January.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

Have to disagree. Although many of us are resigned to relegation, as we are realistic, those within the club have to believe that it is possible to stay up. Which mathematically it still is.

Remy is a very good striker. I'd love to watch him play here for 6 months. Even if it's not a long term deal, we'll do much better next season if we can carry over some sort of fight or form into next season. Whether we are in the top flight or not.

Remy would give us a chance of that and goal threat we severely lack.

I do however think this is unlikely Chelsea could well need him and Hiddink hinted today that he doesn't want to sell anyone in January.

I think there must be something in the pipeline for Garde to come out with this in the press conference. Hiddink is probably being coy as it will probably depend on Chelsea making signing a forward of their own first.  I'm just speculating of course. 

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Why is this non-news news? 'Villa interested in getting a player on loan' tell me if he joins us. I can't see it myself- why would he?

You're absolutely right

i think we are all looking at this wrong, some of here have said no point buying prem players, some have said we should buy championship players, however...

surely buying chump players we will then struggle to get out of that league? so surely buying prem quality players that would be willing to come to us and accept a season in the championship will help us get back up quicker?

if loic is willing to come to us then so be it, however chelsea have stated that there will be no loan option on him at all, he might be an average prem player but he and ayew will be class in the championship and that is exactly what we need to get back up.

19 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

i think we are all looking at this wrong, some of here have said no point buying prem players, some have said we should buy championship players, however...

surely buying chump players we will then struggle to get out of that league? so surely buying prem quality players that would be willing to come to us and accept a season in the championship will help us get back up quicker?

if loic is willing to come to us then so be it, however chelsea have stated that there will be no loan option on him at all, he might be an average prem player but he and ayew will be class in the championship and that is exactly what we need to get back up.

All players who sign for Villa must have a relegation wage clause, every new signing in the summer had to have one. What premier league player is going to sign for Aston Villa and then have to take a 50% wage cut within 6 months??

I cant imagine they will be queuing round the block to come here,  we will struggle to attract anybody at all.

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

We have to buy with the view of staying in this league, as improbable as it is, it is still mathematically possible. 

Also 

Finishing 18th is still down but worth few more million prize money and also it important we can regain some form to carry over into next season.Even if we go down we need to regain some form

• Like 1

Â