Loic Remy

VillaChris

3 hours ago, Barney_avfc said:

I think there must be something in the pipeline for Garde to come out with this in the press conference.

I mean, it's not like a Villa manager has ever floated the name of a potential signing in the past at this time of the year, with half season tickets to sell...;)

• Like 2

Give what a rest? Just making my point that I don't believe hel make a difference now.

I genuinely don't believe that the Barcelona front 3 would drag this team to the required number of victories now.

Probably not. But it's worth a try.

I'll get Lionel on the phone, make a start.

In all seriousness, we may have collectively given up, though I've still got a glimmer of hope if we pull something miraculous out the bag and close the gap to 8 points on Saturday, but I certainly hope the club haven't. That would be like pissing on a tramps chips.

26 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Not sure he's savvy to how things works in England...why is he talking about him openly. 

Expect an approach and rejection on New Years Day regardless. 

the French Harry Redknapp

Remy is a haut haut player

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

I mean, it's not like a Villa manager has ever floated the name of a potential signing in the past at this time of the year, with half season tickets to sell...;)

Lol half season ticket sales ! I wouldn't think that's too much of an issue

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Give what a rest? Just making my point that I don't believe hel make a difference now.

I genuinely don't believe that the Barcelona front 3 would drag this team to the required number of victories now.

I think they might actually. Remy would an excellent signing. I don't think he would keep us up though as its gone beyond that now

Dont think we will get him. Garde said in the PC that he has targets of similar level players in mind that do not know the english league. So looks like we hitting the foreign market again.

40 minutes ago, WooJung said:

I think he would be quite happy to come on loan, he would be guaranteed regular football and therefore a chance to earn himself a move in the summer if he impresses.

I agree with all of this but I expect he'll have opportunities at better clubs on loan if that is what he /Chelsea agree he can do.

Only thing I can thing of is Villa bung him and Chelsea a lot of money given how desperate we are.

Remy or his reps have indicated he is open to the move otherwise Garde wouldn't have said anything , or more to the point the press wouldn't have asked directly about the player as they must have been tipped off too.

problem is now we probably have pissed off Chelsea. Shame as we could have loaned a few players off them in the championship next season. They probably wont want to deal with Villa now.

Â