Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

So, how many players do you think we'll bring in before the window slams shut tomorrow night? 

0? 

1? 

2? 

3? 

Or more?

It's been great fun this transfer window. I hope we can sign a winger, centre back and attacking midfielder. Possibly a goalie on loan. 

Must be probably our biggest commitment in a transfer window ?

On a par with last year and 2008 for the number of players and money spent, (but last year we had the Tekkers and Delph money, and in 2008 we had Premier League payments).

In any event, the owner has done his bit.

6 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

So, how many players do you think we'll bring in before the window slams shut tomorrow night? 

0? 

1? 

2? 

3? 

Or more?

It's been great fun this transfer window. I hope we can sign a winger, centre back and attacking midfielder. Possibly a goalie on loan. 

Weirdly enough i think we have our attacking midfielder in Jack Grealish, 

I am slightly gutting that newcastle brought Atsu on loan.  De Laet would be good cover across the back four so we could be ok defensively.

2 wide men and a goalkeeper would be amazing.

1 wide man and a goalkeeper would be satisfactory.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Must be probably our biggest commitment in a transfer window ?

On a par with last year and 2008 for the number of players and money spent, (but last year we had the Tekkers and Delph money, and in 2008 we had Premier League payments).

In any event, the owner has done his bit.

He certainly has, I never believed that we'd actually overhaul the team like this. He's surpassed my expectations. 

Im still hopeful of some more new players tomorrow though. I've got used to it now and love it :D

Gollini 

De Laet Elphick Chester Amavi

Jedinek  Tishbola

Ayew    McCormack Grealish

Kodjia

Bunn, Baker, Richards Bacuna, Westwood, Green, Gestede

Is our best team, subs bench as I see it currently. For me I'd like another attacking midfielder so that there is not as much pressure on Green. A centre back in and Richards out would also be good but not desperate. I'm also slightly concerned with GK but if the manager backs Gollini I'm happy to go along with that. Having the likes of Westwood, Baker, Bacuna and Gestede as subs is very good for this division. I'm happy. 

Another attacking midfielder and I'd be delighted. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

You'd rather have Clark than Chester or Elphick? We've been very solid apart from 30 min at Bristol and then we had half a new back 4 with both FB not fully match fit. I'd agree on midfield but I think Jedinak and Tshibola can be very good once they get used to each other. Our squad us shaping up to be the best in the division. 

I didn't say that anywhere, but Clark would certainly be a better third choice centre back than anything we have. For what it's worth, I'd possibly rather have him than Chester as I think he'd work well alongside Elphick.

Lascelles(sp?) is a class act at Newcastle and comfortably better than anything we have. I haven't seen Mbemba enough, but he got better toward the end of last season. 

2 minutes ago, Holtern8 said:

The defenders we've signed have been pretty shat so far.

It seems leaving a Premier League club = good player.

Not true.

Lets hope they improve, they need too.

Have they? Please expand.

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

I'd like us to try for Charlie Adam on loan or permanent. I think he'd give us the bite and creativity from CM that Westwood doesn't. 

Would be a fantastic signing I agree. 

Just now, Pilchard said:

Nixon saying Adomah is still on and 'Boro want Adama in swap but that bit not agreed yet

Pretty please can this happen please and thanks? 

Straight swap? 

Thanks. 

saw following earlier on Twitter so not sure how reliable. only medium I had at work :(

Hernandez: staying at Hull as bigger than Villa

Diego Rolan: Interested in Villa but prefers go Wolves

Adomah: doesnt want drop out of Premier League

3 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Nixon saying Adomah is still on and 'Boro want Adama in swap but that bit not agreed yet

Yes that would be my feeling too,  in terms of permanent signing anyway