Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

3 hours ago, Richard said:

Surprised we aren't in for Morrison . Loads of people and itks thought we were.

He really does not fit the profile of the type of players we are going for this window, so I would have been surprised if indeed we were in for him.

3 minutes ago, Richard said:

Wonder if Theo Walcott could be persuaded to do a Merson and drop down a league from arsenal 

Doubt it. The story goes in his book that GT took over and didn't fancy him. So Deadly asked what it would take for him to leave. He asked for something stupid like a month wages in advance. Deadly came back with a cheque and he was gone.

You wouldn't get that nowadays!

5 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He really does not fit the profile of the type of players we are going for this window, so I would have been surprised if indeed we were in for him.

Me too. Just that some people seemed so sure 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Jenko#4 said:

He was bought as a winger though from what I remember. He wasn't good enough as either a fullback or winger in the Premier League, but I think he could be in the Championship.

You're probably right in the sense he was bought as a winger but I don't think he's good enough in that position, even in the championship. 
I think he can do a job for us at right back, but it all depends on how good de laet is. 

7 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Worse, we had Kojak.

If Rudy isn't fit this weekend, I think we'll see RMc up front with Jack and Ayew playing behind and a 3 in midfield of Jedinak, Tish and Westwood or Bacuna - which isn't a bad team at all. However, our bench will be terrible.

• Like 3

Just now, StanBalaban said:

If Rudy isn't fit this weekend, I think we'll see RMc up front with Jack and Ayew playing behind and a 3 in midfield of Jedinak, Tish and Westwood or Bacuna - which isn't a bad team at all. However, our bench will be terrible.

Can I suggest the un-suggestable?

3 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Ga....

In all fairness, I would have rather had him come on instead of Kozak the other day. However, I think attitude and desire is important to the club and I can't see a way back for him before January at the earliest if honest. Perhaps a short-term loan to see how he get on before he has a chance of being integrated back into the squad - and even then that's only a very remote possibility.

He's a throwback to all that was wrong last season, and as such I cannot see a place for him here again barring the most remarkable of tunrarounds at another club.

Edited by StanBalaban