Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Hernandez might be fast but if you look at his goals hardly any of them materialize as a result of his pace. Seems more of a goal poacher.

So was Ruud Van Nistleroy and I wouldn't mind having him at his peak!

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Given we are seemingly looking to make a significant move for a striker at this late stage in the window I think that points to us waiting for someone, that to me doesn't suggest Hernandez. Hull aren't willing sellers and if he was our primary target we've not improved

Just seen this article.  Hull currently have very little money for transfers due to being in limbo with their takeover.  Selling Hernandez for big money will allow them to bring in more players.  

Interestingly Hull have been linked with a few strikers, which suggests that they may be preparing for life without Hernandez.

Hull City caretaker boss Mike Phelan insists player recruitment does not hinge on a proposed takeover of the club after seeing bids tabled for three targets this week.

Don't really know much about him, surprised he's playing the US at the age of 27 though. Edit: and to be fair Xia spends a lot of time in America with his other business interests looking at his Weibo, and he did go to school there as well.

Edited by useless

He never did anything in British football. Spurs even sent him to Ipswich on loan.

I certainly think by world class Dr Tony means a world class goalscorer so someone who has 1 in 2 or better at some sort of level e.g. Hernandez at championship.

Darren Bent for example was nowhere near a world class all round player...but you could argue at the time we signed him he was a world class goalscorer given he was consistantly hitting 20 goals a season in one of the best leagues in world football.

So yeah I reckon it will be someone of that standard but in their 30s as another experienced head/leader which RDM is wisely signing.

That or Gignac....:ph34r:

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He never did anything in British football. Spurs even sent him to Ipswich on loan.

I certainly think by world class Dr Tony means a world class goalscorer so someone who has 1 in 2 or better at some sort of level e.g. Hernandez at championship.

Darren Bent for example was nowhere near a world class all round player...but you could argue at the time we signed him he was a world class goalscorer given he was consistantly hitting 20 goals a season in one of the best leagues in world football.

So yeah I reckon it will be someone of that standard but in their 30s as another experienced head/leader which RDM is wisely signing.

That or Gignac....:ph34r:

He said 'pacey' :P

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Just seen this article.  Hull currently have very little money for transfers due to being in limbo with their takeover.  Selling Hernandez for big money will allow them to bring in more players.  

Interestingly Hull have been linked with a few strikers, which suggests that they may be preparing for life without Hernandez.

http://m.hulldailymail.co.uk/mike-phelan-insists-hull-city-recruitment-does-not-hinge-on-takeover/story-29638489-detail/story.html

Hull won't be selling players until they sign a few...they only have 13 as it stands so only can see Hernandez leaving on deadline day or in January.

BTW when people like Trent are demanding we sign 4 players...are we all assuming we'll be dormant in January.

How about signing two more players...another midfield and striker and actually spending the next few weeks gelling the team. Believe it or not but there are actually some good players currently at the club y'know like our 12m signing so I'd rather give this bunch 2-3 months and hopefully we'll string some good runs together.

Even in January there's still 20 odd games left of the season so plenty of time to sign a couple more and really push on in second half of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hull won't be selling players until they sign a few...they only have 13 as it stands so only can see Hernandez leaving on deadline day or in January.

BTW when people like Trent are demanding we sign 4 players...are we all assuming we'll be dormant in January.

How about signing two more players...another midfield and striker and actually spending the next few weeks gelling the team. Believe it or not but there are actually some good players currently at the club y'know like our 12m signing so I'd rather give this bunch 2-3 months and hopefully we'll string some good runs together.

Even in January there's still 20 odd games left of the season so plenty of time to sign a couple more and really push on in second half of the season.

You are right, the Hernandez deal will hinge on whether they can bring adequate replacements.  This is why the Doc said it will probably be the last deal we do.  

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I'm not demanding anything, not quite sure how you reach that conclusion I'm delighted with our efforts so far and even if we didn't sign another player I'd be happy.

I've said I think we need more than two and I'm very confident we will get more than two but demanding? No not me.

• Like 1

Xia has more recently said that he hopes the striker deal can be completed this week, not that it will be the last deal we will do. Plus he stated himself that Hernandez is difficult because they don't have a manager, a situation that they still find themselves in. People were convinced that Morrison would be signing and look what happened there.

13 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

He did well in that chapionship loan he had but that was about 6 years ago now

lad is talented but probably only true thing Redknapp said if he could pass a nightclub like he can pass a ball he be some footballer