Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

I'd like to throw Robbie Keane's name in to the mix.

No reasons other than he's played here before, he'd be closer to world class than other names mentioned but he's also on the older side. Would still cause major havoc in the Championship and, who knows, might want a UK return?! Clutching at straws...

4 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

No reasons other than he's played here before, he'd be closer to world class than other names mentioned but he's also on the older side. Would still cause major havoc in the Championship and, who knows, might want a UK return?! Clutching at straws...

He'd be closer to world class than Klose or Drogba (just picked 2 of the names mentioned in this thread at random)? Really!

5 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Isn't he about 57 now?

4 minutes ago, andyh said:

Isn't he about 57 now?

He's 35. Still playing internationals and captain for LA Galaxy. Not that ridiculous. At least he's still doing it even if he is in the twilight of his career. Drogba and Klose are beyond even that now but what I actually meant was people like Bamford and Hernandez.

Edited by jackbauer24
Spelling

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

He's 35. Still playing internationals and captain for LA Galaxy. Not that ridiculous. At least he's still doing it even if he is in ge twilight of his career. Drogba and Klose are beyond even that now but what I actually meant was people like Bamford and Hernandez.

He is actually 36 but let's not quibble.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

He's 35. Still playing internationals and captain for LA Galaxy. Not that ridiculous. At least he's still doing it even if he is in the twilight of his career. Drogba and Klose are beyond even that now but what I actually meant was people like Bamford and Hernandez.

Barely plays internationals and MLS on average is barely league 1 ability. Let"s be honest! He has a good thing going, he isn't going to come here and slog it out every week at 57 years of age.

We need someone who is reasonably immobile, a big strong striker to lead the line and be a good backup to Gestede, there's only one lad in the whole of the football league who fits the bill and is in the "world class" bracket....

2conc5c.jpg

But what would it take to prise him off Leyton Orient, so soon after signing for them? 

2 minutes ago, skarroki said:

We need someone who is reasonably immobile, a big strong striker to lead the line and be a good backup to Gestede, there's only one lad in the whole of the football league who fits the bill and is in the "world class" bracket....

2conc5c.jpg

But what would it take to prise him off Leyton Orient, so soon after signing for them? 

did you really mean immobile?  In the video he looks a lot more mobile than Jack or Clark.

1 minute ago, srsmithusa said:

did you really mean immobile?  In the video he looks a lot more mobile than Jack or Clark.

I think if you met someone in a wheelchair and told them how mobile they looked, they'd thump you one.

If they could move. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I always wonder how people come to these conclusions? I automatically assume they have personally spoken to the player, teammates, agent and club.

I do. Me and Loic regularly eat at Nandos. 

• Like 2

I haven't seen that much of Das Boot but I remember that he was highly regarded a couple of years ago. He seems to be in the Kozak mould though, tall, but not very well built and not really a target player. Looks like his goals the last seasons mostly have been tap-ins, so we'd need players to create chances for him. I think I would prefer either a real target player or a quick no9 like Nahki Wells.

I get the impression that these lanky forwards like Kozak/Crouch/Gestede kind of makes the team often just hoof the ball up front, but then they are not good enough to keep hold of the ball - so instead of creating chances or keeping possession we just give the ball away...   

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I haven't seen that much of Das Boot but I remember that he was highly regarded a couple of years ago. He seems to be in the Kozak mould though, tall, but not very well built and not really a target player. Looks like his goals the last seasons mostly have been tap-ins, so we'd need players to create chances for him. I think I would prefer either a real target player or a quick no9 like Nahki Wells.

I get the impression that these lanky forwards like Kozak/Crounch/Gestede kind of makes the team often just hoof the ball up front, but then they are not good enough to keep hold of the ball - so instead of creating chances or keeping possession we just give the ball away...   

I'll give you that Peter Crouch is a lanky so and so but he is in a different class to Kozak and Gestede (at a similar point in their respective careers).

18 minutes ago, Fight Like Lions said:

I'd like to think we won't be raiding the MLS for anybody, 'World Class' or not. 

not sure he'd be considered 'world class' but Giovinco would be someone i'd take here. mind you there is about 0% chance that he'd come here 

15 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

What does he have? He seems like a double chicken breast pitta, extra hot, with peri peri salt chips and macho peas kind of a guy. 

Butterfly chicken (hot), peri chips and spicy rice. 

He loves his carbs. Washed down with coke zero. 

• Like 1