Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

37 minutes ago, AJ said:

It just seems silly on quite a few levels. Firstly, I question the validity of the link, especially all that has been said by Uncle Tony that he wasn't leaving. I know that's football, and that contracts don't mean squat, but it is frustrating to see a player leave that is a "keeper" leave so easily with so much of a contract remaining. Last year, he accused Lorient of boosting his transfer fee to  discourage Villa from buying him. If we did the same to Whammers, will he spit the dummy again? Villa has had too much of a recent past and present with drama queens in the dressing room, so, he can piss off. This is all of course depending on the credibility of Tribal Football. If its just clickbait, then they can piss off.

AJ, I thought Ayew was a wide midfielder/forward not a "keeper".

31 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

So your point is, somebody can piss off!

;)

Probably an emotional post from myself initially. I like Ayew, and I have been so looking forward to the possible combination of Ayew and McCormack and what that could bring. Then I hear about this claptrap of him wanting to leave. It was like hearing that you can have dessert after you finish all your vegetables, then finding out dessert is boiled cabbage.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Probably an emotional post from myself initially. I like Ayew, and I have been so looking forward to the possible combination of Ayew and McCormack and what that could bring. Then I hear about this claptrap of him wanting to leave. It was like hearing that you can have dessert after you finish all your vegetables, then finding out dessert is boiled cabbage.

Analogy of the year award goes to....

OK so Deisler/Tony Xia has hinted in the ScoreMack thread that the next target is from Palace - at least that is my reading of it (it is probably not Tony and it probably is not a hint about Palace). HOWEVER - Jedinak would make a helluva lot of sense. Palace captain, Aussie captain, 32 years old, experienced head we need in the middle. And being let go by Palace. Surely we are in for him. Surely!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AJ said:

After the fuss he kicked up at Lorient this time last year trying to get here, and after one year in a five year contract...piss off.

Seriously. A bit of an over the top reaction to a nothing article.

The Sun usually get most of our transfer links right....I remember years ago they had Vlaar signing for us before even local press picked up on it.

Right at the start of the summer they said Elphick was a target for us, again first time I'd seen him linked to us.

Hope there's nothing in this though...we need Ayew to stay regardless of McCormack coming in.

he did kick up a fuss to get the move to Villa, so lets hope history doesn't repeat. Ross and Ayew would be awesome - in fact Gestede as a target box man with Ayew and McCormack around him would be awesome, be ironic if just when we have a frontline that looks capable of doing something good, we lose Ayew.

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

OK so Deisler/Tony Xia has hinted in the ScoreMack thread that the next target is from Palace - at least that is my reading of it (it is probably not Tony and it probably is not a hint about Palace). HOWEVER - Jedinak would make a helluva lot of sense. Palace captain, Aussie captain, 32 years old, experienced head we need in the middle. And being let go by Palace. Surely we are in for him. Surely!

He just bolded the 'D' of 'DMC' when talking about Jedinak... so... defender from Palace?

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

The Sun usually get most of our transfer links right....I remember years ago they had Vlaar signing for us before even local press picked up on it.

Wasn't that after someone on here posted a photo that they got of him being given a tour of Villa Park.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jon_c said:

Wasn't that after someone on here posted a photo that they got of him being given a tour of Villa Park.

Yep and I'm sure villa_southerner broke the Elphick deal on here weeks earlier.  The Sun probably just have someone checking sites like these for links.

There are still almost 4 weeks to go before the transfer deadline, and after that loan market would also be ideal for a championships club like us.

Would be super if we get 2-3 ins by deadline, and 2-3 loanees (with buy-out clause ofc) by Oct.

Can't wait to watch Sunday match :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Warnock said:

He just bolded the 'D' of 'DMC' when talking about Jedinak... so... defender from Palace?

No, I meant Defensive attribute of Jedinak is what we need at the position of DMC (instead of Pirlo type of DMC...)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jon_c said:

That was when he was on verge of signing, infact I remember the deal broke down for a week or two but the Sun had the interest weeks before that.

Their Midlands reporter is more in the loop than Mail and Mirror (not hard I'd say). Probably on a par with John Percy.

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

What, in a pre season game? Seriously?

Yes, he clearly looked like he didn't care.  Great way to impress the new boss.  Just my opinion mind.

26 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Seriously. A bit of an over the top reaction to a nothing article.

Yes, I humbly agree. But now, I have had a glass of warm milk and a lie down, and I am feeling much better now.

• Like 1