Transfer Speculation Summer 2016

Guest av1

My problem with Hutton is that no matter what division you're in, crossing a ball doesn't change, and he can't do it.  Too many attacks are broken down when he or Aly get on the ball. They both would be gone in an ideal world. Though, I don't think either are priority, there's probably about 5 players we need to get rid of before them, our squad is a shambles. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

I read somewhere that RDM was going to employ attacking full backs. Hutton does not fulfil that criterion.

I was just going to post something to that effect.

Considering how it appears we will be playing I belive this to be quite a crucial area for us to strengthen. 

Hutton and Bacuna simply not good enough defending and attacking.

I'd love a right-sided Amavi clone.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I was just going to post something to that effect.

Considering how it appears we will be playing I belive this to be quite a crucial area for us to strengthen. 

Hutton and Bacuna simply not good enough defending and attacking.

I'd love a right-sided Amavi clone.

What are you talking about? We'll be lucky to keep hold of him this summer.

1 minute ago, Richard said:

Would anyone take Rafael van der Vaart  for a couple of seasons ?

God yeah, that would be a great signing. No idea how old he is now though?

Just read that Bamford is apparently off to Celtic. Wonder if this will affect the Sinclair deal at all? 

2 minutes ago, Richard said:

Would anyone take Rafael van der Vaart  for a couple of seasons ?

Absolutely.  Although I think we'd be a hard sell at the moment.  Unless we could up his wages from Betis I suppose.

Just now, BOF said:

Absolutely.  Although I think we'd be a hard sell at the moment.  Unless we could up his wages from Betis I suppose.

surely a better sell than Reading? who are apparently interested

Just now, Richard said:

A better sell than them, yes.  It depends on whether he's interested in them though :)

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I used to think that but I thought at times his attitude stank towards the end of season. I saw him jogging back a few times when we were caught on the break, he wasn't even trying to run or stop it just going through the motions.

Since then I've change my view of him.

To be honest, I don't think it's fair to give one of our hardest working players with one of the best attitudes stick for maybe being deflated towards the end just like the rest of the team, especially after how he fought his way back. I would rather judge him for the majority as a pose to the hiccups. (Strictly attitude and character speaking, not ability)

23 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

God yeah, that would be a great signing. No idea how old he is now though?

Just read that Bamford is apparently off to Celtic. Wonder if this will affect the Sinclair deal at all? 

If so thats poor dealing IMO. £2.2m is more than reasonable for Sinclair - should have done that deal weeks back.

23 minutes ago, Richard said:

Stam (a former team mate) is invloved there so might be better able to convice him......

Although we have Hutton, maybe he could give him a call;)